• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Update of 13.12.2009
Update of 13.12.2009
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:43 PM
  • Protection from automatic registrations having one uNet account. Now when a user logs in to a website for the first time he/she will have to enter a security code. It cannot be read by automatic registration programs but is easy to understand and enter for a human.

• A new login form code has been added - $LOG_FORM$. It can be fully customized by means of CSS and is intended for those who create custom designs. All other users can use the old code and edit the form via template.

• In modules old arrow images for sorting have been substituted by text arrows included into span with a class, therefore you can now add any arrows by means of CSS (the color of text arrows can be changed into the same color as the background and they won't be visible.).

• "Site Search" module is finally starting to WORK, now you don't need to install it, it works by default. Indexation is quick, therefore all new entries will be indexed without delays. All search forms on a website work now on the basis of one indexed search (the code - $SEARCH_FORM$). Those who want to search inside definite modules can use the code $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$.

• Sitemap files are now created automatically, their urls can be seen in Control Panel → Site Search. Besides the links to these files will be added to the default robots.txt files, which we don't recommend to change as they are adjusted in the best possible way.

• A new feature that displays a Flash Slideshow has been added to Photo Albums. For this purpose two codes have been added - "$SLIDESHOW_BUTTON$" and "$SLIDESHOW$". They work in the templates of module main page and categories. Those who don't like the button can see the source code and edit the button as they like.

• The modules where images can be upload now have a new option that sets max dimensions of uploaded images (width/height). Therefore instead of saying that an image is too big, the system will automatically reduce the image (proportionally). Applies to all user groups including administrators.

• A new feature has been added to informer settings, to the option that allows to specify category IDs to be displayed in an informer. Now you can also specify which categories shouldn't be displayed, just put a minus before the list of categories IDs.

• The list of users at forum now works in the same way as the list via /index, including all settings. All features have been preserved for administrators.

• The possibility to change names of licenses in File Catalog, can be done via Substitution of Default Phrases.

• In Ad Board administrators can now filter expired entries. To do this open “Inactive entries” on Admin Bar.

• The possibility to display avatars in Site News and Blog.

• We have added alt="" for all images that were unavailable for editing (for those who like standards).

• Protection from password stealing – a security code on the CP login form.

• More than 10 designs have been added.

• "E-shop" module is being actively developed.

• A number of invisible minor changes.

• Some bugs have been fixed.
    I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
  • DeathGod

Message # 2 | 2:59 PM
    Where can I find the slideshow?
    www.drunkenjesus.net
    Tommy

Message # 3 | 4:40 PM
    DeathGod,
    Quote (Sunny)
    A new feature that displays a Flash Slideshowhas been added to Photo Albums.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
    DeathGod

Message # 4 | 5:03 PM
    Tommy, I have not seen any change at photo album.
    www.drunkenjesus.net
    Post edited by DeathGod - Thursday, 2009-12-17, 5:03 PM
    crazy

Message # 5 | 5:39 PM
    snap thumb
    erandi

Message # 6 | 0:19 AM
    Quote (Sunny)
    "E-shop" module is being actively developed.

So is paypal added as a payment option?

thanks

Tommy

Message # 7 | 2:37 AM
    DeathGod, Restore default template on "Main page of the photo album".
    "I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
    NTP

Message # 8 | 3:16 AM
    oh thanks tommy for the tip

Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
    Post edited by NTP - Friday, 2009-12-18, 3:17 AM
    ursuletul

Message # 9 | 7:47 AM
    How to display avatars in Site News and Blog ?
    Sunny

Message # 10 | 9:52 AM
    DeathGod, the changes won't appear themselves.

For this purpose two codes have been added - "$SLIDESHOW_BUTTON$" and "$SLIDESHOW$". They work in the templates of module main page and categories.

NTP, yes some features were added earlier, I just summarized the info.

ursuletul, we have a separate thread about avatars - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-3388-1

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
    NTP

Message # 11 | 10:44 PM
    why does this appear next to an image in photo album?
    Code
    javascript://" rel="nofollow" onclick="new _uWnd('wndprv',' ',10,10,{popup:1,modal:1,waitimages:300000,autosizewidth:1,hideonresize:1,autosize:1,fadetype:1,align:'center',minh:100,minw:300,min:0,max:0   ,resize:1,footerh:40,onclose:function(){uSlideShowStop71(1);},footerc:' '},{url:'/photo/26-0-7-20'});return false;

Post edited by NTP - Friday, 2009-12-18, 10:52 PM
    CodeResolution

Message # 12 | 9:53 PM
    Nice updates

I am particularly happy that the search module is now working.

Quote (Sunny)
    "Site Search" module is finally starting to WORK, now you don't need to install it, it works by default. Indexation is quick, therefore all new entries will be indexed without delays. All search forms on a website work now on the basis of one indexed search (the code - $SEARCH_FORM$). Those who want to search inside definite modules can use the code $MODULE_SEARCH_FORM$.

Thanks uCoz! And Thanks Sunny for displaying this information.

Kind regards,
    Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
    Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
    Post edited by Mistory - Saturday, 2009-12-19, 9:53 PM
    NTP

Message # 13 | 6:26 AM
    nvm, had to disable the module, along with the photos and categories sad

Post edited by NTP - Sunday, 2009-12-20, 6:35 AM
    elfars21

Message # 14 | 7:44 PM
    Thank you for offering Araia, good luck
    Saiyanman35