Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Security code (captcha)
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:36 PM
The security code is a part of the uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may click on the code itself and it will refresh. Click it till you see the characters clear enough to type them in.

There are three types of the security code (captcha):
  • Standard - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, simple enough for the human eye.
  • Complicated - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, complicated for the human eye.
  • Simple - reliable enough, can be discerned automatically, simple for the human eye.

If you notice spam on your website when using the simple captcha, enable the complicated captcha.

To change its type go to: Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Type of security code (captcha).

Select the necessary type and click Save.

It is possible to remove the security code for certain groups. To disable the security code go to Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permission for all groups-> Other -> No security code required

Select the necessary groups and click Save.

It is not possible to disable the captcha for the following groups: Guests, Users, Blocked.
For Users the security code can be disabled only on Forum and Tag Board. To disable the code on Tag Board, go to Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module settings -> Use security code for "Users" group.

It is not possible to disable the captcha in comments and private messages.

The standard captcha in not case sensitive, it does not matter where you type the capitalized captcha letters in CAPS or not.
Animorph

Message # 16 | 2:37 PM
Cuturheadoff, that is not possible there will always be security code for people that register.. and you can't change the security code with default uCoz options.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 17 | 2:37 PM
Cuturheadoff, Security code is a part of uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may press on the code itself and it will refresh. Press on it till you see the numbers clear enough to type them in.

If you constantly fail, try to use another browser or update the current one. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser.

It is only possible to disable security code in comments. Mind that it is not possible to disable security code for guests.

defaultNick4088

Message # 18 | 2:38 PM
hi. sergio from technical support told me to wite here about my problem. my new users aren`t auto transfer to checked and if they stay users they need code key(only on blog) to post. i want that users to be transfered to checked to post witout that security code or users can post without security.
Attachments: 6896382.jpg (126.2 Kb)
Tommy

Message # 19 | 2:38 PM
defaultNick4088, You can check out the "No security code required" for user's.

To know more about this http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-5847-33835-16-1246214779

For auto transfer http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-1900-1

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
defaultNick4088

Message # 20 | 2:38 PM
auto transfer resolved, but that thing with security doesn`t work. look at my photo added
Tommy

Message # 21 | 2:38 PM
Quote (defaultNick4088)
but that thing with security doesn`t work. look at my photo added

It should work. If you mark "No security code required" for user's.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
defaultNick4088

Message # 22 | 2:38 PM
Tommy i mark what you say but don`t work
Tommy

Message # 23 | 2:38 PM
defaultNick4088, Are you talking about posting a comment on Blog?

If so then read this http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/9-7098-34822-16-1247521836

Sunny

Message # 24 | 2:39 PM
In some places it is not possible to remove security code, probably that is one of the cases.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
shadychiri

Message # 25 | 2:39 PM
mmh! I guess what i wanted to ask has been answered.
thanks sunny...

ikOz

Message # 26 | 2:39 PM
How can I change it.
I dont like the default Security Code of ucoz.

Just wanna change it.

Just Free Money! Try it... this is real!!
advertising
Sunny

Message # 27 | 2:39 PM
You can't.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
warezparadise

Message # 28 | 2:39 PM
I want to remove the security code typed by users when the comment on any news entry..Please tell me how can I do so???
Dartz

Message # 29 | 2:39 PM
Dartz ‎(2:22 PM):
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-8917-1

Sunny ‎(2:24 PM):
If he disabled it in group permissions then no other way. Not all security codes can be disabled.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
RodeoCowboy

Message # 30 | 2:40 PM
im not sure if this is the right area for this but i was wondering if there is away to disable all the security codes on my page?
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Search: