Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Security code (captcha)
Natashko

Message # 1 | 2:36 PM
The security code is a part of the uCoz security system. It is there to protect your website. If it is not clear enough, you may click on the code itself and it will refresh. Click it till you see the characters clear enough to type them in.

There are three types of the security code (captcha):
  • Standard - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, simple enough for the human eye.
  • Complicated - reliable, can not be discerned automatically, complicated for the human eye.
  • Simple - reliable enough, can be discerned automatically, simple for the human eye.

If you notice spam on your website when using the simple captcha, enable the complicated captcha.

To change its type go to: Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Type of security code (captcha).

Select the necessary type and click Save.

It is possible to remove the security code for certain groups. To disable the security code go to Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permission for all groups-> Other -> No security code required

Select the necessary groups and click Save.

It is not possible to disable the captcha for the following groups: Guests, Users, Blocked.
For Users the security code can be disabled only on Forum and Tag Board. To disable the code on Tag Board, go to Control Panel -> Tag Board -> Module settings -> Use security code for "Users" group.

It is not possible to disable the captcha in comments and private messages.

The standard captcha in not case sensitive, it does not matter where you type the capitalized captcha letters in CAPS or not.
Reya

Message # 61 | 4:45 PM
Thank you so much for your kindness Natashko as also for your maximum quick speed reply!!!! Great job you are doing here!

I will apply all your indications and I ll come back to tell you how the things go!

God bless you always!

Have a nice day!

Added (2011-08-19, 10:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I'm back... so far so good thank you for your help - I managed with the codes and the road is clear now in this issue...

But... and I m sorry to bug you again... there is something again too - after they register, the users don t receive the e mail wt the link to activate their account.

Can you help me to figure out why?

Thank you in advance!

Sunny

Message # 62 | 9:23 PM
Reya, ask them to check their spam/junk folders and please continue the discussion of this problem here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-2098-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
kola2k11

Message # 63 | 10:10 PM
Natashko
can i get help with my webpage am like trying to link a page too another for example in my faq i type in what about wink page so when any 1 click on it it will take them too another page but still in my webpage faq can i like get a code for it plz thanks alot
Animorph

Message # 64 | 8:22 PM
kola2k11, Do you mean like just redirecting people to another page with a script or just with a link ? Please be more specific or better show an example or a screenshot about how you want it.
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 65 | 1:11 PM
kola2k11, please make sure to use search first. You might find the answers to many of your questions here. Please post your messages in the proper thread as well. I do not see how is your question related to Security code (captcha). Thank you.
Gpro

Message # 66 | 1:11 PM
Okay guys so here is it: I've got my tag board activated and I do not want normal users to have that security code required. I already checked "no security code required" in the control panel but this doesn't work.

Anyone else got a solution?

PS. Please don't redirect me to other threads, simply answer my question. Thank you biggrin

Post edited by Gpro - Thursday, 2010-12-23, 9:54 AM
[GM]SkyL1n3

Message # 67 | 1:11 PM
Why is Security Code in Tag Board??? How to cancel it????
Post edited by [GM]SkyL1n3 - Saturday, 2011-05-14, 6:46 PM
Animorph

Message # 68 | 1:11 PM
Gpro, it is not possible for some modules to get rid of the security codes for certain groups , for the simple reason , preventing spam and etc
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Jan

Message # 69 | 1:11 PM
[GM]SkyL1n3,
CP - Users - User groups - Set permission to all groups - Other - No security code required

Natashko

Message # 70 | 1:12 PM
Gpro, this code will always appear for "Guests" group. You may disable it for "Users" group: Control panel->Tag Board->Use security code for "Users" group->The checkbox shouldn't be tagged->Save.
Natashko

Message # 71 | 1:12 PM
[GM]SkyL1n3, Mind that it is not possible to disable security code for guests. It is also not possible to disable security code in PM, comments and at profile editing.
VZ

Message # 72 | 0:40 AM
Any one please help me with Security code to hide it in javascript
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 73 | 0:50 AM
VZ, you can't really hide the security code on the forms it is permanently enabled on as far as I am aware. It is bult into the form to check the code and hiding it would simply either make the form mess up big time or not find the correct security code value.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
VZ

Message # 74 | 0:55 AM
No,i mean javascript and then hide the security code and it would be entered already
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 75 | 1:18 AM
VZ, as the security code changes on every page-load it would be impossible to write an equation that would correctly have inputted the security code automatically. If people knew the equation then it would defeat the purpose of having the security code in the first place.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Security code (captcha) (How to remove or change it)
Search: