Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz ad banner (How to remove it)
uCoz ad banner
Natashko

Message # 1 | 11:57 AM
1. Is it possible to remove the uCoz ad banner from the website?

Of course, it is possible. Removal of the ad banner is a paid service that is included into all paid plans starting from the Basic one. To disable it:

1. Go to your website's Control Panel -> Top bar -> $ Paid services -> Paid services.

2. Select any plan except the Minimal one (it does not include removal of the ad banner) and the period for which you want to buy it.

3. Click Buy and follow further system instructions.

P.S. Hiding of the required uCoz ad banner is a serious violation of the uCoz Terms of Use that leads to blocking of your website!

2. Is it possible to set a color scheme of the built-in ad banner?

Unfortunately, it is not possible at present. Though, it is possible to set a banner position (left or right). To do so go to Control Panel -> uCoz banner and copyright adjustment -> Banner position, select a position and click Save.

3. I have found a website that violates the uCoz Terms of Use.

Please forward this information to the uCoz Abuse Team by means of the following form (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ucoz.com/abuse/

4. I have just created a website and there is no ad banner there. What should I do? Will my site be blocked?

The uCoz ad banner is not displayed on new websites for the first 10 days. It will appear when this period is over, do not worry. Of course, your website is not going to be blocked for that.
Drafun

Message # 2 | 11:57 AM
Why is it appearing...? It totally kills any website and any design associated with it. I much rather have an uCoz copyright thingie at the bottom (which I do) than a "tab bar" which appears everytime I load the site.

i know paying for premium is a method but this website is intended to be small, for a small audience... paying for such would be too much.

so anyway to NOT have the "create a website" thing on your site everytime a page loads? (excluding membership)

Post edited by Drafun - Wednesday, 2011-04-06, 5:18 AM
neilson

Message # 3 | 11:57 AM
Removing it from my site? (Copy and paste the URL to view image!)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/mnmh.jpg/

I did not put this bar on my site, am intending to put a tool bar and there is disturbing.

Not to mention that this spoils the professionalism of my site, I get up without creating quality content for it!

______

CoffeeCone

Message # 4 | 11:57 AM
There's really no other way than purchasing a premium membership...
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 11:57 AM
neilson, the bar you are speaking of is the uCoz ad-banner which is displayed on all sites unless you pay for a package or remove it with additional services. You can not get rid of it without paying and it is set to appear on sites one week after creation.

Hope this helps happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
muplayer

Message # 6 | 11:57 AM
How do i remove the yellow banner on top of the my web site page that says:New progressive Site Creator?
It just noticed this has popped up recently it was never there before on the website i created.. dry
Natashko

Message # 7 | 11:57 AM
Drafun,
Quote (Drafun)
so anyway to NOT have the "create a website" thing on your site everytime a page loads? (excluding membership)

Hiding uCoz web-services mandatory ad banner is one of the most serious violations. Your website will be blocked in this case.

Removal of the ad banner is a paid service and it costs $2.99/month.
To disable it:
1. Go to your website Control Panel -> Top bar -> $ -> Paid services -> Buy a separate service.
2. Select the period for which you want to disable the banner.
3. Click "Pay for services" and follow further system instructions.
Besides, please note that you can pay for the removal of the ad banner within a paid package – in this case disabling of the banner will cost less and you will get a number of additional features.
You can see the full list of premium services and the payment methods in the menu "$ -> Paid services":
http://faq.ucoz.com/screenshots/paid_service_packages.png

Blazer

Message # 8 | 11:57 AM
neilson, just as Paradox said you can remove it by paying , if you want to do so , go to CP » PAID SERVICES » Buy a separate service » Remove AD BANNER.
If i helped you + My Reputation and Give me an Award.
Superhero

Message # 9 | 11:57 AM
muplayer, if its your site then u must be login so to not see it if you are not loged in then it will show u and if you have registered in somebody else site it is obvious that it will be shown but in your site untill and unless u havent logged in u will be seeeing that biggrin
Caleb6235

Message # 10 | 11:57 AM
I am not getting an idea to violate the terms and try to remove the copyright I am just wondering how do you guys do it!
Do you have someone check all the sites for the banner (which would take forever) or do you have some type of bot that does it? fudge
Post edited by Caleb6235 - Thursday, 2011-03-10, 0:05 AM
Natashko

Message # 11 | 11:57 AM
neilson, and the last, just FYI. Hiding uCoz mandatory ad banner is considered to be a serious violation of uCoz Terms of use and may result in blocking of the website.
Sunny

Message # 12 | 11:57 AM
muplayer, this is a uCoz ad banner. Its removal is a paid service.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Kness

Message # 13 | 11:57 AM
No you get a premium account, that lets you take off the copyrights.
My Projects:
muplayer

Message # 14 | 11:58 AM
There is already banners in the bottom of the screen, why add new banner right on top of the website in a big yellow sign? It does not look professional
Also whats the cost to get rid of it, are you guys planning to spam more banners on ucoz account? I like Ucoz the old school but hope this is not going to turn into a banner spam fest.

Quote (Sunny)
muplayer, this is a uCoz ad banner. Its removal is a paid service.
runakter

Message # 15 | 11:58 AM
Caleb6235, Buy A Premium Account.
CP>Paid Services($)>Paid Services To Buy One

And You Can Change Banner Type On This : http://hugesoft.tk/panel/?a=bantype

My Projects :
uCoz GuyGamesCentre24FootBall
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz ad banner (How to remove it)
Search: