• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » SEO Hit For All Floating/Blending Ads Throughout The Content (~ Google PANDA 4.1 ~ Algorithm ~ uCoz Change or Get Crushed?)
SEO Hit For All Floating/Blending Ads Throughout The Content
Vorpal

Message # 1 | 10:04 PM
Read More (below i only mentioned a small portion of the problems with uCoz moving ads) : http://www.hmtweb.com/marketing-blog/panda-4-1-analysis/

Aggressive popups, floating ads throughout the content, blending ads with content like uCoz banner that follows the users will get harshly penalized.

Will uCoz change the ads & banner style so that it will not follow the user (make it stay in a fixed position) ?

Will uCoz try other systems of ads that do not link to adware, spyware, viruses, or link to affiliate sites and link farms or show naked women and pills to children ?

All these will get crushed in the new Google PANDA 4.1 Algorithm - uCoz sites included.

Deception
I analyzed several sites hit by Panda 4.1 with serious ad problems. For example floating ads throughout the content, not organized in any way, blending ads with content in a way where it was hard to decipher what was an ad and what was content, etc.

I mentioned deception in the past, especially when referring to Panda 4.0, but I saw this again during 4.1. If you are running ads heavily on your site, then you absolutely need to make sure there is clear distinction between content and ads. If you are blending them so closely that users mistakenly click ads thinking it was content, then you are playing Russian roulette with Panda.

Users hate being deceived, and it can lead to them bouncing off the site, reporting your site to organizations focused on security, or to Google itself. They can also publicly complain to others via social networks, blogging, etc. And by the way, Google can often pick that up too (if those reviews and complaints are public.) And if that happens, then you can absolutely get destroyed by Panda. I’ve seen it many times over the years, while seeing it more and more since Panda 4.0.

Deception is bad. Do the right thing. Panda is always watching.

Security Warnings, Popup Ads, and Forced Downloads
There were several sites I analyzed that had been flagged by various security and trust systems. For example, several sites were flagged as providing adware, spyware, or containing viruses. I also saw several of the sites using egregious popups when first hitting the site, forcing downloads, etc.

And when Panda focuses on user engagement, launching aggressive popups and forcing downloads is like hanging fresh bamboo in the center of your websites and ringing the Panda dinner bell. Users hate popups, especially when it’s the first impression of your site. Second, they are fearful of any downloads, let alone ones you are forcing them to execute. And third, security messages in firefox, chrome, antivirus applications, WOT, etc. are not going to help matters.

Trust and credibility are important factors for avoiding Panda hits. Cross the line and you can send strong signals to Google that users are unhappy with your site. And bad things typically ensue.
Pancake

Message # 2 | 5:15 PM
You can change the form of how ucoz displays there ads but to remove them 100% you have to choose a plan in paid services

To change how ads effect users or to replace the ad bar to a image below your page ect view below

Go to Settings

Ad banner customization

Choose how your ads are displayed from the following options
Post edited by Pancake - Saturday, 2014-11-22, 5:15 PM
Sunny

Message # 3 | 2:48 PM
Vorpal, search engines are constantly fighting for quality content (which is a good thing actually), and improving their algorithms. We are aware of this fact, and we often run tests, comparing sites with and without the ad banner and their positions in search engines. And according to our data, there is no clear evidence that the uCoz ad banner may cause Google ranking drop. More often the reason is suspicious third-party ads that some of our users place on their websites, as well as a number of other factors.

So, I wouldn't worry about the ad banner, there a lot of other things that have a much greater importance when we speak about Google ranking. But if you are still worried, you can always remove the banner.

P.S. If you see any suspicious content in uCoz ads, especially malware and viruses, please report them so that we could take the necessary measures.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » SEO Hit For All Floating/Blending Ads Throughout The Content (~ Google PANDA 4.1 ~ Algorithm ~ uCoz Change or Get Crushed?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: