Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Favicon: how to change
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:03 AM
What is a favicon? A favicon is a small icon (16x16 px) in a browser address bar (near the url of your website). All uCoz websites have the following default favicon:

How to replace the default icon by a custom one?

http://faq.ucoz.com/faq/29-1#220

If this explanation is not enough then follow the steps below:

• Download or create (by means of special programs) an icon - .ico file 16x16 px.

• Name it favicon.ico.

• Upload this icon to File Manager or via FTP to the root folder of your website (the first folder where you see the original favicon.ico). You don't need to delete the original icon, just upload a new one and the old one will be replaced automatically.

• If you have done everything correctly, then you will be able to view a new icon at _http://your_site.ucoz.com/favicon.ico. Go to your website and refresh the page. If the icon hasn't changed, clear browser's cache or simply wait for some time.

IE may not display the icon. To solve this problem try to paste the following code between < head> and < /head>:

Code
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">                   
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Post edited by PixelKhaos - Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 11:59 PM
easysharez

Message # 2 | 10:03 AM
I placed my favicon in a few weeks ago and now all of a sudden it isn't there? Like it diapered from there. It is still loaded where it was but it is not changing or using it. Any ideas?
Armaros

Message # 3 | 10:03 AM
Did you named your favicon correct? Did you upload it in correct place?
easysharez

Message # 4 | 10:03 AM
i didn't change it at all, it just changed today on its own, it is still in same place and name of it is favicon when uploaded it , came out to be named favicon.ico
Armaros

Message # 5 | 10:04 AM
easysharez, you should simple wait. I'm pretty sure there is some kinda of problem & it to be solved is needed time.
elf83

Message # 6 | 10:04 AM
Dont worry I had the same problem before and mostly every other day
It will Come Back on its own its not that there is anything wrong with your site.
easysharez

Message # 7 | 10:04 AM
It came back about 1 hour ago, and yes, i deleted old one and just replaced it with the same one
crossmedia

Message # 8 | 10:04 AM
Hi Every Body !
By Favicon i mean The website icon which displays b4 U.R.L and in Bookmarks of Explorer
I Have Tried Many Things By My Self and i had Success in it but This Sticky Favicon is Difficult For Me To fix

Actualy i did Created My Icon File and i Searched All About it like

* It must be of 16 * 16 in size
* The Colours Must Be 256 colour
* The Name Should be favicon.ico
* Must Be Uploaded To Root Folder Replaces automaticaly the old one

Here Is The Link to software to create icons Icon Suite icon creator you cam also import images(Yes You Need WinRAR)

Dear Friends now the problem i Face is the i cant see favicon on my site "Main Page" & Other Pages
e.g Main Page " you can check"

But it Displays on "Site Info" Page
Site Info Page Check it!

Now I am not getting the proble Even the "Main page" and "SiteInfo" page are of same page editer coding they are not module sets but why it does so or it needs time

Dont Forget I Also Copied This Source Code To My Page Editor <header> section for favicon

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="favicon.ico">

Thanks in Advance

Crossmedia inc 2009

Sunny

Message # 9 | 10:04 AM
crossmedia, the icon displays fine for all pages.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
crossmedia

Message # 10 | 10:05 AM
It mens i hav Internet Explorer Problem it doesnt displays to admin well ill check it later thnx for feedback Sunny
Crossmedia inc 2009
iLee

Message # 11 | 10:05 AM
It is working for Internet Explorer. Your Anti-Virus may be blocking it.
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
ManiQc

Message # 12 | 8:44 PM
It does not work I trie all varients and no resolt! P.s I use Firefox
Post edited by ManiQc - Tuesday, 2009-07-21, 8:44 PM
Armaros

Message # 13 | 0:12 AM
Quote (ManiQc)
It does not work I trie all varients and no resolt! P.s I use Firefox
How long you waited?
Emcrank

Message # 14 | 12:25 PM
FTP doesn't accept .ico files.....
and file manager is crap it doesn't work
Pilot

Message # 15 | 12:32 PM
Quote (Emcrank)
and file manager is crap it doesn't work

It does work.
You just have to wait a while for the icon to appear, as it's stated in the first post.

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Search: