Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Favicon: how to change
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:03 AM
What is a favicon? A favicon is a small icon (16x16 px) in a browser address bar (near the url of your website). All uCoz websites have the following default favicon:

How to replace the default icon by a custom one?

http://faq.ucoz.com/faq/29-1#220

If this explanation is not enough then follow the steps below:

• Download or create (by means of special programs) an icon - .ico file 16x16 px.

• Name it favicon.ico.

• Upload this icon to File Manager or via FTP to the root folder of your website (the first folder where you see the original favicon.ico). You don't need to delete the original icon, just upload a new one and the old one will be replaced automatically.

• If you have done everything correctly, then you will be able to view a new icon at _http://your_site.ucoz.com/favicon.ico. Go to your website and refresh the page. If the icon hasn't changed, clear browser's cache or simply wait for some time.

IE may not display the icon. To solve this problem try to paste the following code between < head> and < /head>:

Code
<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">                   
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Post edited by PixelKhaos - Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 11:59 PM
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 136 | 0:22 AM
You mean the Favicon? Go to your File Manager and upload a file with a name of "Favicon" in .ico file. The whole name should be "favicon.ico". Or you can just add this on the Head of your html template.

Code
<link rel="icon" href="LINK_OF_FAVICON" type="image/x-icon" />

Edit the code to your liking. The dimensions of favicon should only be 16x16.

Hope this helps! If you didn't get my point, search it up on Google for more detailed tutorial. biggrin
Admin7140

Message # 137 | 5:51 AM
I watch a video about change Favicon for forum and I did same. but Favicon not change!
Please help me change it.

My forum:

http://suutammoithu.do.am

and my Favicon:

http://www.convertico.com/images/1316062326.93/Screen%20Snaper%20Image.ico
Post edited by Admin7140 - Thursday, 2011-09-15, 5:52 AM
Natashko

Message # 138 | 8:30 AM
Admin7140,
Quote (Admin7140)
I watch a video about change Favicon for forum and I did same. but Favicon not change!

It is changed! Just clear the cookies history, clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser.
Admin7140

Message # 139 | 10:45 AM
Thank you so much Natashko
Trylon-Lenister

Message # 140 | 9:42 AM
why i change my site icon nothing happens
Give Some Respect
DEEPKG

Message # 141 | 10:03 AM
Trylon-Lenister, Provide Your site address Or try to remove cookies And Cache Hope This helps u wink
I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 142 | 3:50 AM
Trylon-Lenister, I am unable to find a uCoz site connected to your current account. If your problem is still topical please provide a site address after having cleared your browsers cache & cookies.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
SerialKiller

Message # 143 | 6:34 PM
Bro...I did what u said I even added the favicon.ico file but the default one was not replaced ...plz help me
Sunny

Message # 144 | 11:42 AM
Quote (Sunny)
16x16 px

That's the dimensions a favicon must have. And your current favicon is 256x256 px.

pawnmn

Message # 145 | 4:39 AM
Hi there uCoz community,
I have done the steps to change the favicon.ico but it has not been replaced yet. I saved it favicon.ico but when I upload it, it shows favicon.ico.ico. I tried changing it to favicon.ico but says name already exists. As the steps suggested i went to link mysite.ucoz.org/favicon.icon and it shows the default icon. However, I can view the icon when I go to msc-ccsf.ucoz.org/favico.ico.ico. BTW that is my site that I just opened. Can you guys help me out?

thank you cool
Sunny

Message # 146 | 10:57 AM
pawnmn, rename the icon on your PC to favicon.ico (if you use Windows, name it 'favicon' and select the 'icon' file type when saving it - the '.ico' extension will be added automatically). Then upload it to File Manager and it will replace the current one. By the way, your favicon image it too big, it must be 16x16 px.
pawnmn

Message # 147 | 7:10 PM
thank you, I will try what you suggested. My icon should be 16x16 px cuz I specifically downloaded that size as the steps told. biggrin
Mugen_Boy

Message # 148 | 6:18 AM
I tried it but it seems to be appearing only in the main page?
The site: http://dimensionz.ucoz.com/
Is it that I have to wait for sometime or do something else?

AnimationShop.uCoz
Post edited by Mugen_Boy - Sunday, 2012-05-06, 6:18 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 149 | 8:04 AM
Mugen_Boy, I can't even find the favicon code on any of your other pages. Have you put the code on all the other pages? Maybe an idea would to put it in the header so that it is global. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Mugen_Boy

Message # 150 | 8:36 AM
Hmm look, this is what I had done before:

Did I do something wrong? Or is there something else to do too?
Thanks~

AnimationShop.uCoz
Post edited by Mugen_Boy - Sunday, 2012-05-06, 8:37 AM
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Favicon: how to change (favicon.ico – a small icon in the address bar)
Search: