• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Help With SSL
Help With SSL
IMB4

Message # 1 | 9:27 PM
Hi,

I need a SSL certificate. I tried to do it with letsencrypt.org. What is the software and system that uCoz uses? (for certbot)

If someone knows or can write a "short" tutorial with keys to install it on uCoz could b a good help for all the community. Thanks smile
fadly

Message # 2 | 3:58 AM
its not free... you have to Upgrade to a Paid Plan
IMB4

Message # 3 | 3:00 PM
It's a shame that ucoz does not use free tools that could improve the system. I also do not understand the "_" in the url when Google penalizes it. They would have to leave the free option to edit the url. All this would make more people use ucoz.

Thanks for your answer fadly
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 0:29 AM
IMB4, remember ucoz isn't like joomla that you will be free in all activities you wanted to create. uCoz is closed source.
Things that you might consider when using as a free user.
1. uCoz is for Forum and Blogging purposes with minimal SEO.
2. SSL isn't free at all even in joomla.
3. You must have a good content to unquarantined you website.
4. uCoz could not be easily hacked that is why I'm still here.
5. uCoz is not for you if you use it for illegal purposes. If I can see you doing that you are in my list.
6. The only best thing that I appreciate about uCoz is their unlimited space for free user. And of course there is a conditions for that.
7. Lastly, among all the web builder I choose uCoz because it is easy to be used and I have good friends abroad. I will not name them.

And remember also that uCoz is not like joomla. It is not Content Management System. uCoz is more on website building and designing. I know you are new here. But still I'm satisfied with their service. I know how difficult if they don't have enough funds to maintain there server's cost. And also providing 100% data securancy. I know they have also lapses but they aren't old as joomla they just started last 2006 correct me if I'm wrong. And I'm here now for 7 years.

Quote IMB4 ()
It's a shame that ucoz does not use free tools that could improve the system. I also do not understand the "_" in the url when Google penalizes it. They would have to leave the free option to edit the url. All this would make more people use ucoz.

It's not a shame it's a business. I will ask you which one will you choose having a wix wysiwyg drag and drop or uCoz that will enhance you mind and imagination to produce unique templates. Or joomla that you cannot edit it at all when you wouldn't buy the whole bundle except if you have your own server. Here in uCoz it's just a small fee. It's just saying thanks to their developers. You know uCoz market is mainly in russians you could visit the russian board if you wanted some clarification.

1F4BF3B
IMB4

Message # 5 | 7:58 PM
I love uCoz and it's why I want to improve it.

1. If uCoz take care about SEO for "basic plan users" = + visitors then I can stay paying service = I need edit "URLS" with "-".
2. SSL with "letsencrypt.org" its free = uCoz can use this system if they want = webs safe = more visitors and good ranking.
3. I'm here since 2010, i'm paying basic plan since 2011. I want stay here but i need this things to have money to stay paying.
4. I'm bad writing english then i hope admins take care about users like me that comes here to talk in benefit of uCoz.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 11:19 AM
IMB4, unfortunately, Let's Encrypt can't be used on uCoz websites at the moment.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
IMB4

Message # 7 | 6:27 PM
AND "sslforfree.com" ??
PaulAdam0

Message # 8 | 8:18 AM
letsencrypt.org is quite useful, and it provides high security to your website. Always beneficial to any web user.
MilesWeb - Web Hosting
Cyberdasm

Message # 9 | 12:07 PM
PaulAdam0, IMB4, In my opinion uCoz will not grant that idea.
1F4BF3B
fadly

Message # 10 | 9:05 AM
maybe you can use cloudflare SSL for free. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Post edited by fadly - Friday, 2017-03-31, 9:16 AM
Cyberdasm

Message # 11 | 7:24 AM
fadly, you cannot login when you will use the cloudflare I used that last year and unfortunately there is a bug in uCoz side if they fixed that then it's nice to have their ssl plus free anti DDOS.
1F4BF3B
fadly

Message # 12 | 9:46 AM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
fadly, you cannot login when you will use the cloudflare I used that last year and unfortunately there is a bug in uCoz side if they fixed that then it's nice to have their ssl plus free anti DDOS.

im use CLoudflare for my domain and connect to ucoz.. you can check http://fadly.clan.su and its free biggrin , but I dont know when ucoz staff can fixed... i hope i can still use cloudflare for free ssl biggrin :D
Attachments: 4201778.png (42.3 Kb)

Post edited by fadly - Saturday, 2017-04-01, 9:48 AM
Cyberdasm

Message # 13 | 7:11 AM
fadly, as for now I don't need the cloudflare service. Kindly check the spoiler to know why.
Attachments: 2306735.png (56.1 Kb)

1F4BF3B
fadly

Message # 14 | 8:21 AM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
fadly, as for now I don't need the cloudflare service. Kindly check the spoiler to know why.

i know... we dont need if you paid but this i give trick for newbie to use ssh for free.... like me... i dont have money to paid... so il try this biggrin

IMB4

Message # 15 | 2:31 PM
I can use "SSL setup" because i payed "basic plan" but i can't built "certificates" because sslforfree.com (that uses letsencrypt.org) have an error when is trying to generate it... Someone can HELP?
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Help With SSL
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: