uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Disk space
Sunny

Message # 1 | 9:51 AM
Question-answer

What is disk space used/spent on?

On news, photos, articles, files, database, posts… in short on everything that is on a website.

Is disk space spent on users’' avatars?

If they upload their own avatars then it is spent, if they use avatars from the default sets then no.

Disk space is increased for a definite period – 1, 3 months… What will happen after the period expires

You won’t be able to add a byte. Even forum posts or comments.

Yesterday I had 77% of disk space used, today - 111%. I didn’t upload anything. How can it be so?

The disk space is recounted not immediately but within 12 hours. You overloaded your site yesterday, and the disk space was recounted today. You can always contact the Technical Support if you are sure that neither you nor your site users have uploaded anything to the site.

What is a payment period?

This is a monthly fee: you'll be able to use a definite service only during the period for which you have paid.

If you are paying for disk space increase, max file size for uploading increases as well:

Without payment - 15 Mb
"+400" - 25 Mb
"+800" - 40 Mb
"+1500" - 70 Mb
"+2500" - 110 Mb
"+5000" - 220 Mb
"+10000" - 464 Mb

But this applies to FTP uploading only. The maximum file size for uploading via File Manager will remain the same - 15 Mb.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
esp-css

Message # 16 | 5:26 PM
Sorry I just wanted to ask if there is any way, as I havent yet been able to find one several months after setting up my website, of finding out how much of my in theory 300mb is filled up?
jackass

Message # 17 | 5:29 PM
You mean this? 36.73 Mb of disk space out of 487 Mb are used

Than go to page editor

Attachments: 6193977.jpg (9.8 Kb)
pro0fun

Message # 18 | 8:57 AM
Can i somehow get more space from ucoz? I need alot more then 5000mb. Something like 20-40-80 GB and how much will it cost.
Kron_old

Message # 19 | 8:58 AM
Quote (pro0fun)
Can i somehow get more space from ucoz? I need alot more then 5000mb. Something like 20-40-80 GB and how much will it cost.

We are not a file storing hosting, you can buy a dedicated server from any hosting company that provides such service.
Rezwan73

Message # 20 | 8:58 AM
How uCoz.com increases disk space for a website. I mean if i stay with uCoz.com then one day 300MB will be finished. After that what i will do for future of my website.

You says that, there are unlimited space, if someone stay with you. But how do you define it? How long to stay for what amount of space.

If any one need more space and he is willing to buy it then what he has to do???

Pilot

Message # 21 | 8:58 AM
The unlimited space is defined as - it increases itself all the time, and even more, when you get more hits/visitors on your website. So basically - it will increase to an unlimited size.
Rezwan73

Message # 22 | 8:58 AM
But i need mental satisfaction for my website safety. Is it possible to bye space from uCoz.com?
Pilot

Message # 23 | 8:59 AM
Quote (Rezwan73)
Is it possible to bye space from uCoz.com

Yes, of course, it's possible. smile

CP -> $

Rezwan73

Message # 24 | 8:59 AM
i just wanted to see, how much hit or visitor is required and how long to stay to obtain certain amount of extra free space. Can u help me?
Armaros

Message # 25 | 8:59 AM
Nothing is required. After registration your website will have 400MB.
Space will increase and it increases faster if your website is active.
You can buy extra space, everything depends on websites content.

Hits & visitors depends on websites popularity, which is up to owner
himself. Your website wont be deleted without warning which you'll
receive as an E-mail & only in case you wont login in your CP or web.
Sunny

Message # 26 | 8:59 AM
Rezwan73, I am afraid we can't help you with the exact numbers. This data is calculated automatically by some formula.
scottbenton

Message # 27 | 9:00 AM

Well my disk space is 234 mb but it says 244909613 bytes which should be 244 mbs what could be the problem?
Sunny

Message # 28 | 9:00 AM
You are building sites and still don't know that 1 kb has 1024 bytes and 1 mb has 1024 kbytes -> 1 mb has 1048576 bytes.

So 234 mb makes 234x1048576=244909613 bytes.

christi

Message # 29 | 1:51 AM
When I try to post or send a PM, it says, "Disk space limit has been reached". I deleted a lot of pictures in the photo album (probably worth more than 50 MB I deleted wacko ) But it still says that I've used 355 MB of 348 MB. How can I lower the disk space used?
Sunny

Message # 30 | 8:54 AM
christi, it takes some time for the disk space to be recounted. You need to wait.
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Disk space (questions about disk space)
Search: