Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Site Search Style (Discussion: How to change search block's appearance?)
Site Search Style
Sunny

Message # 16 | 4:11 PM
carloscompu, you need to edit style sheets. If you provide more info as to what exactly you want to have, I will try to help.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
carloscompu

Message # 17 | 9:00 PM
Ok im really sorry for not explaining my self right,Sunny
Im talking about modifing the module search bar,not the site search bar like the one they have at the begining of this thread

Because I tried the one they give at the bigining of this thread but this one searches my whole website,so it dont work for my website cyberq.org
Sunny

Message # 18 | 2:31 PM
carloscompu, I did understand what you want to edit smile I asked about the exact editing you want - like to change colors, size, to add images etc smile
carloscompu

Message # 19 | 3:39 PM
Well what Im looking for is to place the search botton to the right side of the bar not under it ,and change the botton length
Iv could adjust it if I wouldv had the script,But I dont Know how to prepare scripts ,all I know is how to modify them
So If I had a script I could fit it right for my website,specialy the size of the bar and the position of the search botton smile
Sunny

Message # 20 | 5:57 PM
carloscompu, try this code:

Code
<div style="padding-left: 75%;"><form onsubmit="this.sfSbm.disabled=true" method="get" style="margin:0" action="/search/"><div align="center" class="schQuery"><input type="text" name="q" maxlength="30" size="20" class="queryField" /></div><div align="center" class="schBtn"><input type="submit" class="searchSbmFl" name="sfSbm" value="Find" /></div></form></div>

carloscompu

Message # 21 | 7:08 PM
Is this for module search only or sight?
Sunny

Message # 22 | 1:50 PM
carloscompu, sorry, that's the site search code. Here is the module search:

Code
<div style="padding-left: 75%;"><form onsubmit="this.sfSbm.disabled=true" method="post" style="margin:0px" action="/$MODULE_ID$"><div align="center" class="schQuery"><input type="text" name="query" maxlength="30" size="20" class="queryField" /></div><div align="center" class="schBtn"><input type="submit" class="searchSbmFl" name="sfSbm" value="Find" /></div><input type="hidden" name="a" value="14" /></form></div>

carloscompu

Message # 23 | 8:43 PM
Can I modify this code to add a drop box of the content while the user is typing the letters
Post edited by carloscompu - Friday, 2012-10-19, 8:44 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 24 | 2:29 AM
carloscompu, definitely. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
carloscompu

Message # 25 | 2:35 PM
Im having prob with this code intead of sending me to the search page its showing this in a difrent page:
<ajax>
<cmd p="content">
<![CDATA[
<div style="padding-top:10px" class="myWinError">Acceso prohibido. El período de la sesión expiró.</div>
]]>
</cmd>
<cmd p="js">
<![CDATA[ document.getElementById('ldF18').disabled = false; ]]>
</cmd>
</ajax>

Is there any modification to do to this code so it can work properly in my page?
Heres the link:
http://cyberq.org/load
Thanks
Sunny

Message # 26 | 12:33 PM
carloscompu, use the following code:

Code
<form onsubmit="this.sfSbm.disabled=true" method="post" style="margin:0px" action="/$MODULE_ID$"><div align="center" class="schQuery"><input type="text" name="query" maxlength="30" size="20" class="queryField" /></div><div align="center" class="schBtn"><input type="submit" class="searchSbmFl" name="sfSbm" value="Buscar Post" /></div><input type="hidden" name="a" value="18" /></form>

carloscompu

Message # 27 | 2:41 PM
This code reloads the page it dont take me to the module search page
Sunny

Message # 28 | 9:31 AM
carloscompu, works fine for me:

What browser do you have this problem in? Tried to use another browser?

carloscompu

Message # 29 | 2:39 PM
Its working because Im using the original code$module Search$ so that I wont have probs with users searching my webpage overnight.But when I installed the code it just reloaded the current page
Sunny

Message # 30 | 11:47 AM
carloscompu, unfortunately we can't test the code on your website while it is deleted smile
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Site Search Style (Discussion: How to change search block's appearance?)
Search: