• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Responsive Design: Trend or Necessity?
Responsive Design: Trend or Necessity?
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM

You probably heard at least once about responsive web design, template or website. What does it have to do with uCoz and why do you need to think about how your website is displayed on mobile devices?

Here you will find some interesting figures and will learn how to make a website responsive.

Responsive web design (RWD) is a web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience - easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling - across a wide range of devices (desktop computers, laptops, mobile phones, tablets).

Let's start with some statistics. You'll probably find interesting the fact that in 2013 the number of mobile devices with Internet access has finally exceeded the number of Internet-connected PC. The age of mobile web has come!
The volume of mobile traffic (not including tablet computers) worldwide amounted to about 16% as of June 2013. of course these figures are increasing all the time, i.e. the Internet is getting mobile more and more, and to ignore it is thoughtless at the least.

If you own an online store, the loss of profit due to inconvenience of buying on a mobile device may reach up to 3-4%. It doesn't seem much but convert the percent into the real money and think, whether it is worth to make your store responsive.
So, how can you turn your uCoz website into a responsive one? There are several ways:

1. Develop (or buy) a unique responsive design (with its further transfer onto your uCoz website).
In case of developing, you will be able to control the process, make corrections and get as the result exactly what you want. Of course this method is rather expensive, and there is always a risk that you won’t like the end result. If you buy a pre-designed template, you can see the result from the start, but it will still require certain efforts and skills to transfer the design into uCoz.

2. Wait for the update of the uCoz default designs.
Most of the uCoz templates are out-of-date. That's why we are actively working on the development of stylish and modern designs that will be available free of charge for all uCoz users. There is no exact date of their release yet but we have first screenshots of how a website might look immediately after its creation:

All new designs will be responsive, i.e. visitors will enjoy viewing the websites from their module devices, and the PDA version will be a thing of the past.

It's safe to say that future belongs to the mobile Web. And we want your visitors to enjoy viewing your website on any device!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Good

Message # 16 | 1:02 PM
It seems there is no revise after one month

Full resolution

Resize
Attachments: 3294617.jpg (64.4 Kb) · 4490669.jpg (46.2 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 17 | 3:22 PM
Good, yes, the problem has been fixed yet but it is on the list.
zxtu

Message # 18 | 7:39 PM
please update left and right sidebar Responsive Design
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 19 | 4:10 AM
zxtu, which design are you speaking of? There are a selection of responsive uCoz designs, however, not all are. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
gigga

Message # 20 | 8:36 AM
@Raver: thank you, I'll check it for my new site
bintaroweb

Message # 21 | 2:11 PM
I think responsive wed design is Necessity, because many people access website from their mobile phone
Post edited by bintaroweb - Saturday, 2016-01-09, 2:12 PM
levanijincharadze

Message # 22 | 3:15 PM
I'm using design #2011 and it's very responsive for all devices! biggrin smile
eDy9419

Message # 23 | 11:58 AM
Hi everyone,who can help me to make my website responsive for all devices? http://elliniki-musiki.ucoz.com ! Thank you in advance!
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 24 | 2:21 PM
eDy9419, you need to apply media queries to your CSS in order to make your website have a responsive design. Unfortunately, we, the uCoz team, are unable to provide coding-related support. You can also try switching to a responsive standard template — all the new templates are fully responsive smile
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
eDy9419

Message # 25 | 3:25 PM
I have see for premium package if i pay 7.99 its something mobile templates? how can i see what templates are? or someone here if can help me to make that template i have to be responsive,i pay its not a problem! Thanks!
Sunny

Message # 26 | 1:59 PM
eDy9419, the mobile template included into the plan is the same for all websites that get it with the plan. If you have purchased the plan and want to get the mobile template, please contact the Support Team: http://www.ucoz.com/contact
eDy9419

Message # 27 | 3:56 AM
Yes Sunny,i have payed and i have send an email for mobile template at that email whay you give it to me. Now i waiting...Thanks!
Sunny

Message # 28 | 9:19 AM
eDy9419, then you will get a reply soon smile
bc160400400

Message # 29 | 3:46 PM
Hey,

I'm New on UCoz. One of my client suggested me to join this platform. He wants to migrate https://whatslinkhub.com/ on UCoz. I'm confused. is it possible to migrate it?

Can someone from support or any active member guide me how can i migrate it and can improve it's design.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Responsive Design: Trend or Necessity?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: