• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Meta Tags (Entry Descrition in plain text)
Meta Tags
Faizan-Ahmad

Message # 1 | 10:15 AM
Hello,

I was wandering, If there is any code like $ENTRY_TITLE$ for description of an entry. I want to use such code in meta description tag. Is there any conditional code? I tried the following code, but it caused the design of the site to corrupt. This is due to I used HTML and CSS Styling while posting content (Adding Entries).
Code
$MESSAGE$

Is there any code for displaying only the plain-text of Entry Full Description.

Please anyone help me at earliest convenience, because my website's Google Page Rank has fallen due to this.

MFaizanAhmad.
Visit my site Full of games, TV, Softwares and much more
Sunny

Message # 2 | 10:38 AM
Faizan-Ahmad, I suggest that you use one of additional fields for meta tags, and then paste code like $OTHER1$ in the tag.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
phuket

Message # 3 | 5:54 AM
Sunny, can you explain more or show me the link how to do it
Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:00 AM
phuket, the steps (for the Site News module) are as follows:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Site News -> Modules settings -> Fields of a new entry form, enable "Custom field 1" and "Custom field 2".
2. The fields will appear on the entry posting page (you can rename them for convenience in CP -> Settings -> Replacement of default phrases).
3. Add the following lines into the head tag of the template "Page with full entry text and associated comments":

Code
<meta name="description" content="$OTHER1$" />   
<meta name="keywords" content="$OTHER2$" />

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
phuket

Message # 5 | 10:21 AM
Can i do the same with publisher? I just need meta tag in publisher entry 'cause all of our important entry are inside publisher,
I tried, but it seem no custom field in publ modules
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a way to specific entry's meta tag like
Code

<?if($URI_ID$='page1')?>      
<meta name="keywords" content="enter key words here1" />      
<meta name="description" content="enter description here1" />      
<?endif?>    

But when i try it, i get some problem. My site has a lot of entry need meta tag, and Module Setting limited word by 40000. Even me use Global Block, it still just a temporarily solution. Is there a way more positive?
Sorry for bad english
Post edited by phuket - Sunday, 2014-07-06, 2:23 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 10:24 AM
phuket, unfortunately with the publisher module you cannot do the same due to the unavailability of additional fields. In the future there may be a more efficient way of doing this, however, for now there is no system feature to assist with this.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
phuket

Message # 7 | 8:35 AM
Thanks Paradox, I will use $BRIEF$ instead smile
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Meta Tags (Entry Descrition in plain text)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: