• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Some technical queries. please help
Some technical queries. please help
joh

Message # 1 | 3:47 AM
First of all, thanks Ucoz. My site is slowly coming into proper after customizing here and there with informers etc.

I have some queries and i would really appreciate your help

1. when i post articles(publisher module) as admin, the entry editor form is different and when posting article as user the entry editor form is different (which is really not user friendly). Why is that? Is there a way to correct that? Please see the image

2. How can we add more categories for a news post. One news entry in two or more categories. This is very much a necessity. In news we want to have a Breaking News/ Top News category and also post the same in the relevant category. How can we make that happen. If a post can be placed under two or more categories under the publisher module, why is the same not given to the news module? It will be really great if the same is provided.

3. One of my site user was trying to post a topic in the forum. He typed everything and when he create the thread an error "Meesage text not specified"comes out. What may be the problem and how can we solve this?

Please Help!

Added (2015-10-31, 3:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Can anyone please help me with this? I want the same editor options for both the users and the admin!

Please!

Attachments: 9635249.jpg (120.9 Kb)
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 7:39 AM
joh, Please go to Control Panel > Common settings and change the option as shown in the image below.

Did your friend try to post in the forums and this happened? Do you have many Javascript plugins? can you please provide your website URL?

Can you elaborate on the second question?
Attachments: 2107577.png (30.4 Kb)

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
joh

Message # 3 | 9:03 AM
Xayaan, thanks for your reply.

Regarding the first question, the settings are the same as you have mentioned. But still when my users try to post articles, that new visual form editor is not available. But when login as admin, the new visual editor is available. My website is www.longshim.com

Regarding 3 questions, when users post it happens. There are no java script plugins.

Regarding 2 question, by default, under news module, a post can be published only under one category. My question is, is it possible to publish one post in more than one category?

Thanks
Good

Message # 4 | 10:44 AM
Quote joh ()
Regarding the first question, the settings are the same as you have mentioned. But still when my users try to post articles, that new visual form editor is not available. But when login as admin, the new visual editor is available. My website is www.longshim.com

You can set auto transfer your user group to checked group and assign the "Allow HTML in entry" in Check Group Setting. As I know, only Administrator can use Visual Editor when adding new entry.

Quote joh ()
Regarding 2 question, by default, under news module, a post can be published only under one category. My question is, is it possible to publish one post in more than one category?

It's impossible but you can suggest to uCoz.

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1#40644

Quote joh ()
Regarding 3 questions, when users post it happens. There are no java script plugins.

I have created thread and post a reply. It works.

http://www.longshim.com/forum/3-72-1#73
Post edited by Good - Saturday, 2015-10-31, 10:46 AM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Some technical queries. please help
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: