• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » CSS minor edit changes the whole appearance of the website
CSS minor edit changes the whole appearance of the website
Staryte

Message # 1 | 3:25 PM
Hallow, I am sorry if this is the repeated thread but I searched for the help With no success.
My problem is:
I want to add a small code in CSS but When I save it and refresh my website the whole arrangement of my site and menus are distorted and having poor arrangement. I thought may be the problem was the small code I added, but I just tried to go to CSS management in control panel and press only the "save" button below the CSS editor without changing anything in CSS but the website arrangement changes and distorted too. I don't know what causes this. I need your help please.
Post edited by Staryte - Saturday, 2017-04-01, 3:26 PM
Cyberdasm

Message # 2 | 7:13 AM
Staryte, kindly post the url of your website. I would like to help.
1F4BF3B
Staryte

Message # 3 | 2:24 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
Staryte, kindly post the url of your website. I would like to help.

Thank you Cyberdasm:
the site url is http://www.staryte.com
Post edited by Staryte - Sunday, 2017-04-02, 2:25 PM
blizar10

Message # 4 | 5:34 PM
Staryte, Editing the css may take some time to display. Use CTRL + F5 after you modify your css on your web site page to display real css.

Also ensure not to forget ; in your css document.
Post edited by blizar10 - Sunday, 2017-04-02, 5:40 PM
Cyberdasm

Message # 5 | 11:36 PM
Staryte, in what part that you are going to change. Did you use the wysiwyg builder? If so and even once could make you source code complicated.
BTW which part would you like to edit?

1F4BF3B
Staryte

Message # 6 | 2:36 PM
Cyberdasm, Thanks for your reply, I didn't use wysiwyg builder. The only part I wanted to change is the user's personal page, I want to automatic resize the user's avatar for any user, even though he uploaded avatar is large or small. I want all avatar to be in 200 x 200 size, and the code I add in CSS is .user_avatar img {width:2000px!important;} and in the user's page editor is <span class="user_avatar">$_AVATAR$</span>. so when I save changes the whole website mess up.
Cyberdasm

Message # 7 | 10:07 AM
Staryte,
Quote Staryte ()
Cyberdasm, Thanks for your reply, I didn't use wysiwyg builder. The only part I wanted to change is the user's personal page, I want to automatic resize the user's avatar for any user, even though he uploaded avatar is large or small. I want all avatar to be in 200 x 200 size, and the code I add in CSS is .user_avatar img {width:2000px!important;} and in the user's page editor is <span class="user_avatar">$_AVATAR$</span>. so when I save changes the whole website mess up.

I 2k px is very large enough it could occupy the whole desktop screen. 200x200 is just only 200px not 2000px.
Kindly post a screenshot of your problem since I could enter in your website profile page.

1F4BF3B
blizar10

Message # 8 | 11:45 AM
Use:
Code

span.user_avatar img {
width: 200px;
height: 200px;
}
Cyberdasm

Message # 9 | 1:22 PM
i prefer this:
Code
span.user_avatar img {
width: 200px;
height: auto;
}

1F4BF3B
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » CSS minor edit changes the whole appearance of the website
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: