• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Insert Scroll Bar (Need to know how to add scroll bar)
Insert Scroll Bar
Jessica0523

Message # 1 | 3:43 PM
Hi I am trying to add a vertical scroll bar to the body of my homepage. I have not been able to find anything on here on how to do it. My website is: http://supjess2.ucoz.com/. Can you help?
Gromov

Message # 2 | 3:32 PM
Jessica0523, Please specify what do you mean by a scroll bar exactly.
Jessica0523

Message # 3 | 10:25 PM
The text on my Home page gets too long and I want to be able to have a box with an additional vertical scroll bar just for the body portion of the page.
Gromov

Message # 4 | 5:28 AM
Jessica0523, please provide your website's URL as well.
Jessica0523

Message # 5 | 3:08 PM
My URL was in the original post. http://supjess2.ucoz.com/. I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 6:41 PM
Jessica0523, vertical scrolling is a very bad and outdated practice. Maybe change the width of the container if the text seems too long?
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 7 | 7:18 PM
I hear what you're saying, bigblog, but I continually add updates on my Home Page. After awhile, the text becomes extremely long and so does the page. It is easier to have a box in the body with a scroll bar so it doesn't take up so much room. How is it possible that there are so many things you can't do with uCoz? I tried doing this all on my own and nothing works. Can I please just have someone who knows how to do this? I'm getting frustrated at this point. This post has been up for a week and no one has given me an answer.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 7:03 AM
Jessica0523, I never said it wasn't possible. You just need to wrap your content into a div, for example:

Code
<div class="home-page">
  CONTENT GOES HERE
</div>

and then paste this into your css:

Code
.home-page {
    height: 500px;       // this is just an example value, you can use whatever you want
    overflow-y: auto;
}

You can use the HTML editor to wrap the home page's content into a div.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 9 | 2:53 PM
Thanks, bigblog. But I also need to know where to put it. I'm in the HTML editor and I don't know where to put the code into. I tried putting it in the $CONTENT$ area of the HTML editor but it still isn't working. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've attached a screenshot of the HTML editor with the code put in where I thought it should be. The </div> is at the end of that line.

Added (2018-05-27, 2:53 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Okay, cancel that, bigblog. Turns out all I had to do was empty the cache and everything took effect. Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments: 8206955.png (153.0 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 10 | 3:15 PM
Jessica0523, I actually meant wrapping the code of the home page, using this icon in the middle: https://i.imgur.com/iDj3KpU.png
You will be greeted by a source code editor, just add
Code
<div class="home-page">

to the beginning and
Code
</div>

to the end of the text field.

The way you did it will also work but in that case, all pages will have the same behavior.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 11 | 5:13 PM
Wonderful. Thanks so much. It is working beautifully now.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Insert Scroll Bar (Need to know how to add scroll bar)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: