Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM
Here is short video about this new feature - Builder. Builder allows to easily add/edit blocks on your website and change their display order in visual mode.

By means of this feature you can quickly select content for your blocks - scripts, widgets, menus, video, audio, RSS, HTML code.
This feature is installed by default for all new websites. If your website was created before the global update you can enable Builder in Control Panel -> Common settings -> Use "Builder" for the website design customization.

Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 3888038.png (27.1 Kb) · 7010682.png (55.3 Kb) · 4383780.png (41.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Natashko

Message # 136 | 3:43 PM
0u7sIdeR,
Quote (0u7sIdeR)
ah i see...but there isnt anything related to the Forum

why does it have to be related to the Forum?
0u7sIdeR

Message # 137 | 3:52 PM
Quote (Natashko)
why does it have to be related to the Forum?

cuz thats one of the options that dissapear

Quote (0u7sIdeR)
Home page
Contact Us
Forum
Chatbox
Rules
Natashko

Message # 138 | 4:01 PM
0u7sIdeR, you do not fill in the menu items manually via Builder. If you follow the suggested steps, the menu will appear itself. And if some menu items are missing, you can always add them via Site menu builder. You will find all this information in the provided threads. Please, be more attentive.
0u7sIdeR

Message # 139 | 5:14 PM
ok sorry it's my fault :/
you can close this thread since i don't have the attention to annoy you with my dumb questions
alexeugeniu

Message # 140 | 8:11 PM
In the Builder I moved all the blocks on the right side on the left side can move back right?...... I tried to move them back and not let me

....thanks

Post edited by alexeugeniu - Tuesday, 2011-05-10, 8:15 PM
Natashko

Message # 141 | 8:57 AM
alexeugeniu, you need to go to Control panel->Design->Design management (templates). If your blocks are in the first container now (e.g.) you copy the code of one block (starting with
Code
<!-- <block7> -->
and finishing with
Code
<!-- </block7> -->
) and embed it in the template of the second container (e.g. It can be the other way around in your case) After doing so you will be able to move blocks back to the right container via Builder.
I suggest you do the template backup before making changes in CP->Design->Template backup
.gif avatars are forbidden. Please, remove it.
lea

Message # 142 | 9:26 AM
hi,

anybody can tell how i can change "site menu" name? http://imageshack.us/f/819/unledjue.jpg/ --> red mark on pic/
i renamed it, saved it, and then it becomes just like it was before, again "site menu" angry
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 143 | 9:40 AM
lea, to change "Site Menu" you need to do what you are already doing and make sure you select save changes. If you are not clicking off the block after you have changed the name I have noticed this sometimes causes it not to change as well.

If none of what I have suggested is working you can also change it manually through the HTML of the sidebar. You will find more information about that here; http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-422-1.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
lea

Message # 144 | 10:30 AM
thanks, but your link is not working, it says "Resource not found" sad
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 145 | 10:52 AM
If you remove the dot from the end the link will work wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
lea

Message # 146 | 10:53 AM
thanks shy
Natashko

Message # 147 | 10:59 AM
lea,
Quote (lea)
anybody can tell how i can change "site menu" name?

I have already told you here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-12572-1 that if you can't change it with Builder - provide a website name as well as the default template number for us to be able to check.
lea

Message # 148 | 12:24 PM
im not perfect in english, i really dont understand you. i thought that you provide the site, where i could ask this question.
i dont know what "default template number" is sad

Added (2011-06-15, 6:24 Am)
---------------------------------------------
ok, it seems that i changed it with "Main » Customize design » Editing templates" smile

Hate223

Message # 149 | 4:46 PM
So I click enable builder and nothing happens, doesn't matter what website I try even a brand new one will not work.
(side note: The Graffiti option also does not do anything but I don't care about that)

http://brandnew1.ucoz.com/
It's brand new, so i have no widgets installed nor any 3rd party stuff, Only basic modules that ucoz provides. Other then that Its just a fresh website on template #899

CP--->common settings-----> Use "Builder" for the website design customization: Is checked
Ive went into user's and made sure my account was the admin, And also that Administrators are allowed to use the builder.
I've reinstalled my browser (firefox)

Not sure what else to try so im posting here, thanks for your time.
gadget

Message # 150 | 11:06 AM
Hate223,
Just go n restore default templates, might be your admin bar is missing by some code deletion. Restore all Templates, CSS and Top part of website.

Happiness comes to those who are moving toward something they want very much to happen. And it almost always involves making someone else happy.

LOL
Gadget
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Search: