Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Builder
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:14 AM
Here is short video about this new feature - Builder. Builder allows to easily add/edit blocks on your website and change their display order in visual mode.

By means of this feature you can quickly select content for your blocks - scripts, widgets, menus, video, audio, RSS, HTML code.
This feature is installed by default for all new websites. If your website was created before the global update you can enable Builder in Control Panel -> Common settings -> Use "Builder" for the website design customization.

Minor Builder Update

If the Builder option is missing on your Admin Bar, you need to go to the website Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Administrators -> Other, and enable the option "Edit site design".

After the update there will be two separate options in the user group permissions:

• Edit site design: the option is disabled by default for all groups. Enabling of the option allows to access templates via the website, without the necessity to log in to the Control Panel. The templates are available by the address yoursite.ucoz.com/tmpls
  • Use Builder: the option is enabled by default for Administrators. Allows to use Builder and adds the Builder tab to the Admin Bar:

Note: if you disable the option "Use Builder" and enable "Edit site design", and then also disable the option "Use "Builder" for the website design customization" in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, the Design tab will appear on your Admin Bar and you will be able to access all website templates or separate page templates via the Admin Bar:

Attachments: 3888038.png (27.1 Kb) · 7010682.png (55.3 Kb) · 4383780.png (41.9 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
PRANJAL

Message # 121 | 2:54 PM
hi today i accidently deleted some of my options but they are not coming back
can u tell me some option to restore my home page the way it is before.
Natashko

Message # 122 | 3:59 PM
PRANJAL, how is it connected to the thread? Did you use builder to change the outlook of your Home page? Please, specify your actions so we will be able to understand the problem.
mark8151

Message # 123 | 4:35 PM
iI have a question when creating a page is there a way you can stop a link from being seen on the site menu bar?
Check Out Rservices & RandomAndroid at: http://http://www.randomness-fun.com/ Hosted by Ucoz also come come check out our official Android IRC chat room at: http://www.randomness-fun.com/index/rservices_irc_chat/0-34
Animorph

Message # 124 | 7:33 PM
mark8151, read my answer on your topic
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-11952-65637-16-1293132744

To busy building a passive income online ;)
PRANJAL

Message # 125 | 8:20 AM
my site pran.ucoz.com is showing users which r online also shows guest and registered users which has deleted by me accidentally
can u tell me how to get it back
Animorph

Message # 126 | 10:35 AM
PRANJAL, do you mean the online counter ? , if yes add this in a block

Code
$COUNTER$<?if($ONLINE_COUNTER$)?><hr />$ONLINE_COUNTER$$ONLINE_USERS_LIST$<?endif?>

To busy building a passive income online ;)
PRANJAL

Message # 127 | 1:39 PM
thanks it worked smile
runakter

Message # 128 | 2:34 AM
I am using Builder To Edit The Linkable Title "My Site" To My Site Name. But After Enabling Builder When I Click On My Site To Edit That, The Page Simply Refreshes and The Settings Doesn't Save As Well.

Note : I've already Changed The Site name On Common Settings

Added (2011-03-15, 8:34 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Problem Fixed. Thnx and Sorry For Annoying

My Projects :
uCoz GuyGamesCentre24FootBall
0u7sIdeR

Message # 129 | 12:45 PM
Hi again. Today i went to my ucoz site and certain buttons dissapeared by certain buttons i mean:

Home page
Contact Us
Forum
Chatbox
Rules

here's a screen: http://neuropod.net/imageho....ac4.PNG

any ideas why and how did this happen? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by 0u7sIdeR - Thursday, 2011-04-21, 12:45 PM
Natashko

Message # 130 | 1:49 PM
0u7sIdeR, there can be several solution. Everything depends on your former actions.
First one, you have deleted the menu block from the website with the help of Builder. In this case login to the website as admin->admin bar->Builder->Enable Builder->add block->place in one of the containers->press Block content management->Site menu->select the site menu and save the changes.
It is also possible that you have removed the menu itself from the Site menu builder. Create it once again in CP->Site menu builder. See more about it here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-5638-1#26197
0u7sIdeR

Message # 131 | 2:10 PM
i'm kinda confused with that builder...and btw in the cp everything is there and when i add to my link site /forum/ i still get access to it but in the main page it doesn't appear.
Natashko

Message # 132 | 2:50 PM
0u7sIdeR, then it has to be the Builder related problem. In this case login to the website as admin->admin bar->Builder->Enable Builder. After this you need to check whether you have Main site menu block there. If it is there press the "Access" button and check "Display in the modules" option. If Main site menu block is not there, Add block->place in one of the containers->press Block content management->Site menu->select the site menu and save the changes.
0u7sIdeR

Message # 133 | 3:08 PM
where is this "Block content management" option and the video doesnt help me :/ and when i put new blocks with there names they doesnt save at all.
Post edited by 0u7sIdeR - Thursday, 2011-04-21, 3:13 PM
Natashko

Message # 134 | 3:37 PM
0u7sIdeR,
Quote (0u7sIdeR)
where is this "Block content management" option

when you enable Builder you will see the gear icon in the right upper corner of each block. When you press it - you will see that it is "Block content management" option.
Quote (0u7sIdeR)
and when i put new blocks with there names they doesnt save at all

Did you go back to "Builder" option and press "Save changes"?
0u7sIdeR

Message # 135 | 3:41 PM
Quote (Natashko)
when you enable Builder you will see the gear icon in the right upper corner of each block. When you press it - you will see that it is "Block content management" option.

ah i see...but there isnt anything related to the Forum
Quote (Natashko)
Did you go back to "Builder" option and press "Save changes"?

yea :/
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Builder (A short video guide)
Search: