• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to buy a domain at domains.ucoz.com (and attach it to your website)
How to buy a domain at domains.ucoz.com
Sunny

Message # 1 | 12:55 PM
You can attach any custom domain, for example mysite.com, to your uCoz website. But at first you need to buy a domain name, and you can buy it at domains.ucoz.com . Below is the tutorial on how you can do this.

First of all you need to check whether the domain name you have chosen is available. Enter the desired domain name and click Search now.

If it is available, let's register it. Tick the domain you need and click Add to Cart.

If you do not have an account at domains.ucoz.com, fill out the New Customer Form. Enter your personal data, click Submit.

At the next step you need to select the period for which you want to buy the domain; enable privacy protection if you do not want your contact details to be available via Whois. You also need to set the following nameservers: ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net as it is shown on the screenshot (the nameservers can be also set later, in the domain control panel). Click Continue.

You will be redirected to your shopping cart where you can recheck everything and proceed to payment.

Select the payment method and click Continue.

You will be redirected to 2CO (2checkout.com). Click Continue checkout.

Enter your billing information.

Choose whether you want to pay via a credit card or via PayPal, click Continue checkout.

Finish the payment procedure. After you have paid for the domain, you need to attach it to your uCoz website in the website Control Panel (your_website.ucoz.com/admin), in the Domain Attachment section.

Select "METHOD 2. TRANSFER AN EXISTING DOMAIN TO UCOZ DNS SERVERS", fill in the domain name to be attached and click Park domain.

After some time (up to 3-4 hours) the button to finish the attachment procedure should appear.

In 15 minutes your website will be available by the new address (it may take up to 48 hours till your provider's DNS will be updated and you will be able to access the website by the new address).

Video tutorials:
How to buy a domain at domains uCoz.com:

How to attach a custom domain to your website:

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
billybons

Message # 2 | 1:26 AM
Hello,
I have uCoz account# 73253, user name pometoun@mindspring.com and registered domain denasusa.com. I’m trying to pay for renewal but unable neither to login to domains.ucoz.com nor to create new user name. I've got the reply, that since I'm registered at domain.ucoz.com I must process my payment through the later one, but, as I've mentioned, I can only do it by credit card or PayPal, which are unavailable at domain.ucoz.com.
I was able to pay for other paid services for my site with PayPal though.
Also, I was advised by Tech Support to cancel my first paid services order to speed up the second and has got no refund yet. Since my site is inaccessible I can't even login to Control Panel to service my account. Please, advise me what can I do.
thank you.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 8:38 AM
billybons, please provide your website address.

Quote (billybons)
that since I'm registered at domain.ucoz.com I must process my payment through the later one, but, as I've mentioned, I can only do it by credit card or PayPal, which are unavailable at domain.ucoz.com

The Tech. Support can help you pay for the domain renewal at domain.ucoz.com in the following way: you pay for any of paid services on your website the amount that is approximately equal to the domain renewal cost. The Tech. Support will cancel the payment and will transfer the money to your account at domain.ucoz.com.

As for your other question, I need the website address to check.

billybons

Message # 4 | 11:54 AM
It's Denasusa.com
Glen

Message # 5 | 10:13 AM
I had just bought 2 years of service do I get my domain glenscustomrods.com free??
I read some post that really got me confused.. If I don't get it free with the 2 years
then I want to cancel the service.. Also I tried going to domains.ucoz.com and it
tells me the web page is not found. Am I doing something wrong..

"I Have No Gills, Therefore I Fish"
"Love The Wife, Fish Hard, Fish Till You Die"
www.glenscustomrods.com
Sunny

Message # 6 | 1:55 PM
Glen, a gift domain is given for 1 year only. If you want to cancel a paid service, you can do it via your CP.

Quote (Glen)
Also I tried going to domains.ucoz.com and it
tells me the web page is not found.

Loads fine. Do you still have the problem?

Glen

Message # 7 | 9:53 PM
nope everything is ok now
"I Have No Gills, Therefore I Fish"
"Love The Wife, Fish Hard, Fish Till You Die"
www.glenscustomrods.com
handcock

Message # 8 | 8:26 AM
Ok that's great!
CiRRuS

Message # 9 | 2:21 AM
if i already have a domain how can i attach my new domain that i got as gift from ucoz ?
Xayaan

Message # 10 | 4:21 PM
CiRRuS, Refer This Post -> http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-1#2138
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
STaTiCShoX

Message # 11 | 4:33 PM
Can I get a domain from somewhere else and attach it? There are cheaper places to register a domain.
Sunny

Message # 12 | 4:40 PM
STaTiCShoX, yes, you can buy a domain from any domain registrar and then attach it to your uCoz website.
bodbreed

Message # 13 | 5:13 AM
Is it possible to renew your domain while it is still active?
Sunny

Message # 14 | 9:20 AM
XO-Ferg, yes but not for all domain zones. For .com domains it is possible.
bodbreed

Message # 15 | 2:52 PM
Did they remove the possibilty to use credit card? Only option I see is webmoney when trying to renew my domain.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to buy a domain at domains.ucoz.com (and attach it to your website)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: