• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » DOMAIN (tell me more about domains and ucoz charges)
DOMAIN
WorldOfDesign

Message # 1 | 5:38 AM
if i already have a domain purchased from a different website, how do i attach it to my ucoz website? please, explain in details.
Also, what charges ucoz charges for website ones it is active? I do have only 1 modul that i have to pay for E-shop. how much do i have to pay for it? are there any additional charges?
Do I have to attach domain when my ucoz website is completed or I can attach it now and continue to modify my website? Will I have access to CP ones i attach a domain?
belmo996

Message # 2 | 11:48 AM
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-15120-1#87210

Hope this help happy
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:46 AM
belmo996, wrong thread.

The domain attachment tutorial is here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-1

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Also, what charges ucoz charges for website ones it is active?

There are no charges for a website being active.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
I do have only 1 modul that i have to pay for E-shop. how much do i have to pay for it? are there any additional charges?

The E-shop module costs $1.99/month. You can also pay for it within any paid package where it is included, in this case you will also get a number of additional features. There are no additional charges.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Do I have to attach domain when my ucoz website is completed or I can attach it now and continue to modify my website?

You can attach it at any time.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Will I have access to CP ones i attach a domain?

Sure, the website appearance and the CP will remain as they are and will just be available by a new address.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WorldOfDesign

Message # 4 | 0:38 AM
Thank you Sunny for detailed answer. I have another question. Do I get free hosting from ucoz.com or I have to purchase it somewhere else?

Please, give me the link where I can see account upgrades for ucoz website.

Do I have to upgrade my account (example: to premium), if I want to purchase a domain or I can still use free account?

Added (2012-07-30, 6:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
also, please, let me know, if i upgrade my account to Business ($5.49/mo) will i get all free features with free domain name as well? (like 2 free email accounts etc..)

Whisper

Message # 5 | 1:19 AM
Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Do I get free hosting from ucoz.com or I have to purchase it somewhere else?

yes, you will get free hosting from uCoz

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Please, give me the link where I can see account upgrades for ucoz website.

http://www.ucoz.com/pricing/ | Pricing - Fixed by Paradox.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Do I have to upgrade my account (example: to premium), if I want to purchase a domain or I can still use free account?

yes ... you can use your free account
Post edited by Whisper - Tuesday, 2012-07-31, 1:20 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 2:50 AM
Quote (WorldOfDesign)
also, please, let me know, if i upgrade my account to Business ($5.49/mo) will i get all free features with free domain name as well? (like 2 free email accounts etc..)

If I have understood what you are asking correctly - no.

uCoz provide the services necessary for users to attatch custom domains to their sites and to create subdomains, however, they do not provide the services that are associated with mailboxes (etc). If you are wanting to create your own custom mailboxes you are going to have to use a 3rd part provider - we do recommend Google Apps if you are looking for one, they allow the creation of up to 10 free mailboxes per domain.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
Do I get free hosting from ucoz.com or I have to purchase it somewhere else?

Just adding to the above comments - uCoz provide with the "free" package - an original value - of 400Mb hosting space. This does increase automatically however the longer the website has been created and the moret traffic your site receives. You can increase this usage by paying for a premium package however 400Mb is for most applications and adequate storage amount.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)

If you are meaning the attatchment of a domain to your site that is available in any of the packages, inclusing "free". So there is not need to purchase a premium package. wink If you are meaning the purchasing of a domain name we do not provide any form of those services through the uNet accounts system, Webtop or site CP's.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 7 | 8:32 AM
Quote (Paradox)
If you are meaning the purchasing of a domain name we do not provide any form of those services through the uNet accounts system, Webtop or site CP's.

But we have a separate domain registration service where you can buy a domain - http://domains.ucoz.com/ Besides, you can get a domain for free for 1 year, if you buy a paid package for a year or more.

WorldOfDesign, see the following threads for more info:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-15120-1
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-14189-1

*Moved to Domain Transfer

WorldOfDesign

Message # 8 | 11:51 PM
Thank you guys for your replies. But I still did not get an answer on 1 question I have. When I go to the webpage to purchase a domain from ucoz it says that with the purchased domain i will receive many extra services (example: 2 free email accounts, privacy protection, DNS services, domain forwarding etc) here is the link, please take a look at it to understand what I mean: http://domains.ucoz.com

There are 8 extra FREE services that ucoz offers with purchased domain.

My question is, if I upgrade my ucoz account to Business account I automatically receive a FREE domain from ucoz. Will I receive also 8 free services like for the purchased domain or no?

Added (2012-07-31, 5:51 PM)
also, i have another question, which is not related to the thread. if someone could tell me the special code for the buttons. i use this code for my buttons right now: <input type="button" value="Shop World of Design"on click="window.location.href='http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/';" />

button work fine. but i want the mouse navigator change from error to a hand, so people can see visually that this button is clickable. how do i do that? cry

Sunny

Message # 9 | 8:04 AM
Quote (WorldOfDesign)
There are 8 extra FREE services that ucoz offers with purchased domain.

Yes, if you buy a domain at http://domains.ucoz.com , you will get the listed services.

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
My question is, if I upgrade my ucoz account to Business account I automatically receive a FREE domain from ucoz. Will I receive also 8 free services like for the purchased domain or no?

No, because when you get a gift domain from uCoz, you get it through http://domain.ucoz.com and it doesn't offer the listed services.

WorldOfDesign

Message # 10 | 5:15 AM
can i purchase e-shop module without upgrading my account? please, give me the ink to purchase it. thank you.

Added (2012-08-01, 11:12 PM)
i found e-shop in paid services. but it does not say that the price is $1.99/month like Sunny said. it gives me different percent to pay for every month. what does it mean? 1st month - free, 2nd month - 2%, 3d month - 5% etc. where can i purchase e-sop for $1.99/mo?

Added (2012-08-01, 11:15 PM)
also, please, explain what this does mean: Subscription fee for the E-shop module ?

Sunny

Message # 11 | 9:39 AM
Quote (WorldOfDesign)
but it does not say that the price is $1.99/month like Sunny said. it gives me different percent to pay for every month. what does it mean? 1st month - free, 2nd month - 2%, 3d month - 5% etc. where can i purchase e-sop for $1.99/mo?

After you select a period for which you want to buy the E-shop module, you will see the price:

Quote (WorldOfDesign)
explain what this does mean: Subscription fee for the E-shop module ?

It means payment for the E-shop module, the module can be used only if their an active payment. If the payment period expires, the module will be deactivated (but nothing will be deleted).
Attachments: 5659403.png (9.6 Kb)

WorldOfDesign

Message # 12 | 3:38 AM
Hey guys!
I purchased a domain from a different company. Now I am trying to park it to ucoz. It says that my domain has incorrect DNS services. So I went to my domain set up and added ucoz DNS services. Do I need to remove another 2 DNS services (not ucoz) or I can leave them?
Do I need to edit different IP address or Host to my domain as well or is it done automatically?
Please, tell me, what else do I need to do to park domain properly to ucoz?
Thanks

Added (2012-08-04, 9:35 PM)
In domain settings in gives me 3 options where to point my domain:
1) Under Construction Page
2) Domain Name Server (DNS)
3) Advanced DNS

If I want to pick Advanced DNS it gives me many options to modify my records:
IP Address (A Records)
Mail Servers (MX Records)
Host Aliases (CNAME Records)
Text (TXT Records)
Service (SRV Records)

Which records should I modify and how to properly set up my domain for ucoz?

Added (2012-08-04, 9:38 PM)
If I pick 2nd option Domain Name Server (DNS) I will lose access to my email address: phb@powerhealthbalance.com
Please, help me to set up the domain and not to lose access to email.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 13 | 10:00 AM
WorldOfDesign, the DNS servers need to be set as ns1.ucoz.net - DNS 1 and ns2.ucoz.net - DNS 2. Once the domain is parked on the uCoz servers you will be able to enable mail processing and edit the domain records as you need.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
WorldOfDesign

Message # 14 | 4:33 PM
ok. i parked the domain. who can help me with the email set up? what records do I need to give you, so my email would work properly?
Sunny

Message # 15 | 6:19 AM
WorldOfDesign, please send the request to Technical Support via your Control panel -> Top bar -> Help.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » DOMAIN (tell me more about domains and ucoz charges)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: