• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Mydomain Email Setup (Asking for help with email server settings)
Mydomain Email Setup
medicalfutures

Message # 1 | 2:17 AM
Hello, I have been reading the forum topics and trying to figure out how setup the mail server so I can receive emails @mydomain.com. I have purchased the domain name from ucoz and using ucoz to host. I read about the Gmail idea, that may work, but google no longer offers a free or standard service (only premium for business). So I am stuck. Wondering if anyone can help. I review the instructions here and on domainsp.uzoz.com->help section. They give the required settings TXT,CNAME, and MX. I used them in my control panel under domain attachment->Variable Records. I can not get the MX information to save correctly. I tried the us2.mx1.mailhostbox.com as the value, the type set to MX, and the subdomain...well I have tried blank and @ neither one works...

Prior to this, I tried the button "Fix Name Servers Automatically" in the domainsp.ucoz.com config area and that did actually work, but it blew my domain registration and I could not access my site so I had to remove all the domain attachment and re-attach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 8:00 AM
Do you need help in attaching the domain to your ucoz website or making a email address like domain@mydomain.com ?
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
medicalfutures

Message # 3 | 3:08 PM
Thank you for the reply! I am going to try and make this clear but since it confuses me I can only imagine how it appears to others wacko

I have been able to create the actual email address using domainsp.ucoz.com (clicking the manage email link). I was not able to send emails to this account due to improper settings somewhere. The domainsp.ucoz.com also gives you the option to "Fix Name Servers Automatically" and when I click this it does work and I am able to receive messages with this account...the problem is that my main site is no longer viewable unless I type ucoz in the name...(www.mydomain.ucoz.com)...When I start over again and do the regular domain attachment the site comes up as www.mydomain.com but the email account does not work. I have attached some images to show you what I was referring to.

Also, when I check the control panel after "fixing" the email using the button, under Domain attachment I get the following error:

Only one domain name can be attached. The site is also accessible by its primary name med-cfo.ucoz.com.

The domain has an incorrect set of DNS servers: ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com

Once you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.
The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

And if I go update the DNS list on domainsp.ucoz.com then it breaks the mail server again...

Thanks!
Attachments: 1586111.png (143.3 Kb) · 2780841.png (26.6 Kb) · 9680171.png (116.3 Kb) · 2826818.png (91.2 Kb)
Post edited by medicalfutures - Saturday, 2013-04-13, 3:46 PM
Xayaan

Message # 4 | 4:45 PM
I'm afraid the setup you have done for the domain attachment is incorrect. Please re-do the domain attachment process by referring this thread -> http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-1#6439
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
medicalfutures

Message # 5 | 5:55 PM
Ok, I can do that, however, google does not offer the standard version as of December 2012. Since that is no longer an option, are there other options that can be shared?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 6 | 7:40 AM
medicalfutures, okay, to do what you're asking to do you need to open CP > Domain attachment an adjust the domain records in advanced view. This should work. smile

It is advisable however you contact the http://domains.ucoz.com support service. We're not entirely informed on this side of the service for resolutions relative to domain/email account purchase. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
medicalfutures

Message # 7 | 3:05 AM
I'll see if I can get in contact with them tomorrow. I tried the expert mode of managing the Domain attachment and I can update all settings except the MX records...I have attached an image of that...anyone have ideas on the MX setup? I have tried different combinations such as "@" "@@" "www" or just blank and nothing will save. I feel like I am very close wacko

Thanks for all your help so far! biggrin
Attachments: 1460497.png (22.2 Kb)
Arthur2186

Message # 8 | 1:16 PM
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as "medicalfutures" describes. When I set up my email, the website goes offline. And when website works, the email is not available anymore.

I guess this has something to do with name servers. The email service requires these ones ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com
ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com , while the website asks for
ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net. In either case either website or email service does not work.

Is there any new solution on this issue??? Please help!!!!
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 2:20 AM
Arthur2186,

Quote (Paradox)
It is advisable however you contact the http://domains.ucoz.com support service. We're not entirely informed on this side of the service for resolutions relative to domain/email account purchase.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Arthur2186

Message # 10 | 7:40 AM
Thank you Paradox! I have already contacted them, and waiting for the answer for two days now.. Well, I guess I need to wait more..
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Mydomain Email Setup (Asking for help with email server settings)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: