• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to attach a domain to website I created using ucoz.com (I want to attach a domain to my website. Please help)
How to attach a domain to website I created using ucoz.com
shanky0783

Message # 1 | 3:14 PM
I have purchased a domain from GoDaddy. I want to attach this domain to my website. But I am getting error cry .
It is saying . "The domain has incorrect set of DNS servers".

How shall I attach the domain to my site(shankys.ucoz.com).

Added (2014-01-17, 9:14 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I got following error message:

cry cry
The domain shankysportal.com has been parked but not yet attached to the account

The domain has an incorrect set of DNS servers: ns43.domaincontrol.com, ns44.domaincontrol.com

Once you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 3:50 PM
shanky0783, you need to login to your domain account at GoDaddy to update the name servers. You will need to remove the existing name servers, and replace them with domain servers:

1: ns1.ucoz.net
2: ns2.ucoz.net

Then your domain will be able to be attached to your account. wink For more information and a few diagrams you can find some in the attachment guide stickied in this same board.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
shanky0783

Message # 3 | 8:13 AM
Hello .....
Thanks.. that problem is resolved.. But Now i have another serious problem. I have attached the domain shankysportal.com to the site I created using ucoz website builder. But recently I saw some unwanted contents(inappropriate content), advertisments on this site(shankysportal.com). I dont know how is this happening sad sad . I dont want any conetent or adds on my site that is not added by me.. Please help.. sad sad
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:16 AM
shanky0783, please provide a screenshot of the ads.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
shanky0783

Message # 5 | 11:12 AM
The snap is attached. Other ads are of some online games...
The snap attached when clicked takes me to
https://www.parwise.de/lp/v1273/index.htm?cidnr=adsp130109x&fdtnr=010401702320030011&sid=1041239

The game ads goes to http://warthunder.com/de/play4free?r=Covus_1088

sad sad
Attachments: 3379659.png (12.9 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:51 AM
shanky0783, this is the uCoz ad banner, it's removal is a paid service. Please read the following thread for more info http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-13720-1

Is it always displayed this way? With the "Close" button in the middle and the text "Homepage erstellen"?

shanky0783

Message # 7 | 1:19 PM
yes...
But this is inappropriate..
sometimes I get ads of vulgar images,videos.. which can be awful..
Cant i remove it for free?
Sunny

Message # 8 | 3:03 PM
Quote shanky0783 ()
sometimes I get ads of vulgar images,videos..

If you see such ads again, please make screenshots and we will look into the issue.

The ad banner can be removed for free only for websites of educational and social institutions: http://faq.ucoz.com/faq/27-1#275

yaamaan

Message # 9 | 9:04 AM
sorry for not starting a new thread.. But now i have another question. I want a mobile version of my site along with the desktop version. Is there any way to create mobile version so that it is easily accessible on mobiles also..
Sunny

Message # 10 | 2:33 PM
yaamaan, the mobile version is accessible in your browser if you add /pda to the website address, and it opens by default if a user views your website from a mobile device. To customize the templates, go to the Customize Design section and switch to PDA templates:

yaamaan

Message # 11 | 4:00 PM
Hi..
Thanks for the mobile version problem support

Now As i u asked me to give snap of any dirty ads, I have attached it .
I had request not to put any dirty ads or banner on my site, as this is an educational site.
I had sent a mail also to banner@ucoz.net to remove this.

Please look into this and please please dont put such unwanted and dirty ads on my site..
Attachments: 9935216.png (51.0 Kb)
Raver

Message # 12 | 1:16 PM
yaamaan, if you want to remove the Ad Banner from your website, you can always upgrade to Premium and get a Basic package, starting with just 3.09$/month.

If your website is the official web-presence of a School, High-School, College or University you can get the Ad Banner removed as well, for free.
yaamaan

Message # 13 | 8:51 PM
Yes. I have sent a mail to banner@ucoz.net for free removal of such ads, but did not get any response cry
I cant afford to pay for this .
And, if such ads remains, I wont be able to publish the site as it is an educational site affililiated to Pune University

Added (2014-02-01, 2:51 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I want to connect to facebook social media publisher. But when I m trying to connect using ucoz app, It is not working cry
It is giving following error

can u please assist..

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

Sunny

Message # 14 | 4:08 PM
yaamaan, let's post questions on proper boards. Please create a thread here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/58 , clarify whether you use the uCoz app or create a custom one, and don't forget to provide the website address.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to attach a domain to website I created using ucoz.com (I want to attach a domain to my website. Please help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: