It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE
- uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
- you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org );
- you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
- you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
- you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
- with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
- with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.
Domain Attachment FAQ
Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?
Answer: No, it is not possible.
Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?
Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.
Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:
The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net
Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).
What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?
When you use Method 2
, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3
- you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.