uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 676 | 7:56 AM
Arthur2186, yes, Google Apps isn't free now. You'll need to look for other similar services that are free.
Arthur2186

Message # 677 | 8:05 AM
Sunny, I have bought a domain from Ucoz and while registering I noticed an ad saying "2 free email account". Is this something different from Google Apps? Does this mean that if I buy a domain from Ucoz I can somehow set up 2 free myname@mydomain.com email accounts right on the Ucoz?

Thanks!
Xayaan

Message # 678 | 8:08 AM
Arthur2186, Yes. That means that you can set up two free email accounts but you have to use another mail service to receive and send mails.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Arthur2186

Message # 679 | 8:20 AM
Thank you Xayaan. Can you, Please suggest if there is currently any free email service to receive and sent emails?
Post edited by Xayaan - Monday, 2013-04-29, 9:18 AM
Xayaan

Message # 680 | 9:07 AM
Arthur2186, I Personally Suggest Google Business and Zoho Mail.

Best regards wink

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 681 | 9:12 AM
Arthur2186, this is a feature provided by our domain services department. I will have to contact them regarding this and get back to you. From what I can assume if you purchase the package/service with the 2 free domains uCoz provides the mail-account hosting and you only need a mail client such as Microsoft Outlook/Windows Mail to access it. I'm not too sure and will have to get back to you about this. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 682 | 2:56 PM
Arthur2186, you don't need any third-party services to set up these two e-mail accounts that you've got with your domain. If the domain is attached by Method 2, you just need to adjust MX records in the domain control panel.
You can view the records to be set in your account at domains.ucoz.com

Arthur2186

Message # 683 | 9:19 PM
Thank you Sunny.

This will sound dummy, but now where do I go to see my inbox or send an email smile ? I received an email with user ID, password, some IMAP and POP things, and below it says that:

Webmail:
To access your email through a web browser visit http://webmail."mysitename".com.

Well, when I go by that link just nothing opens. If there is any thread to this on Ucoz, please just refer to it, because I could not find the right one.

Many thanks in advance.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 684 | 8:14 AM
Arthur2186, could you please provide the site URL you have registered? It's meaning you should be able to add webmail. onto the front of your existing domain and it should take you to the online interface.

If you wish to use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail or Postbox (etc.), you'll need to setup the POP3, or IMAP settings in your programme of choice. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Arthur2186

Message # 685 | 8:36 AM
Paradox, the site is www.exeprep.com .

I am also expecting the Ucoz processing of www.ecrsd.org , for which I will need those 2 free emails as well, however as Sunny told me there are technical problems going on and he needs to get back to me on this domain registration.

Thanks in advance!
Sunny

Message # 686 | 9:39 AM
Arthur2186, so you should be able to access your email at http://webmail.exeprep.com/
Arthur2186

Message # 687 | 10:51 AM
well, when I go by http://webmail.exeprep.com/ link, nothing appears. Server not found. I guess I need to wait again until something gets activated, right?
Sunny

Message # 688 | 12:06 PM
Arthur2186, I see this:

I guess you just need to wait till the data is updated at your provider'e end.

Arthur2186

Message # 689 | 3:59 PM
Thank you Sunny!

I have another question though. As soon as I configured the email, my website www.exeprep.com went offline, and the Control Panel says this:

"The domain has an incorrect set of DNS servers: ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com

Once you have bought a domain or have made any changes to its settings you need to wait 12 hours.

The following list of DNS servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net
"

Would you, please suggest me any solution for this?

And thanks for the www.ecrsd.org address, the Ucoz finally processed it and it's mine now. However, I set up the email for www.ecrsd.org as well and have the same problem as in www.exeprep.com .

Thanks in advance!

Arthur

Added (2013-05-01, 9:59 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Sunny, please ignore my previous question about DNS servers. I think I found the way to fix that and now probably need to wait for some hours.

Thanks, you are always so helpful and so patient !

Cyberdasm

Message # 690 | 11:05 AM
any body can help regarding this attachment:
step by step im confused about it
i want this to become my subdomain

heres the where my host website:
Attachments: 6694716.jpg (47.8 Kb) · 5728246.jpg (94.8 Kb) · 4914203.jpg (113.5 Kb)

1F4BF3B
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: