uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Cyberdasm

Message # 691 | 11:05 AM
any body can help regarding this attachment:
step by step im confused about it
i want this to become my subdomain

heres the where my host website:
Attachments: 0748203.jpg (47.8 Kb) · 3673648.jpg (94.8 Kb) · 4510402.jpg (113.5 Kb)

1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 692 | 11:17 AM
dense0293, you have the domain lizeal.TK, but you are trying to attach the subdomain das.lizeal.COM.
Cyberdasm

Message # 693 | 11:28 AM
yes sunny i want that two website attach but it become error how can i fix it i dont know how to configure i tried to follow all your steps that you have given but nothing works.
Ma'am kindly help me ASAP

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Xayaan - Tuesday, 2013-06-25, 11:57 AM
Sunny

Message # 694 | 11:59 AM
dense0293, at the moment you are trying to attach a wrong subdomain, it must be das.lizeal.TK, not .COM
Arthur2186

Message # 695 | 12:33 PM
Is there a way to place a "Like" on Sunny's answers? smile
Xayaan

Message # 696 | 12:59 PM
Noy exactly "Like" But you can give her either "Reputation" Or Click The "Thank" button in her post smile
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Cyberdasm

Message # 697 | 10:47 AM
Sunny, thanks for the reply i really appreciated but i know wheres my fault is i open the my two account. Maybe there i got the error.

As for now i fix it thnx madam.

Added (2013-06-26, 4:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I have some other question regarding sub domain:
1. Can i attach more than one subdomain to my website?
2. is this possible; creating a website named forum.ucoz.do.am (an example only) then attaching it to community.mydomain.com?
3. regarding of email creation; is there website i can use for email purposes because i cannot use google mail service?
4. does the email will expired?

that is all i need to know right now.
Im waiting for the reply, ASAP
thnx in advance

Best regard,
Algae S. Densing

1F4BF3B
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 698 | 11:01 AM
Quote (dense0293)

No. You can only use a single domain/sub-domain per site.

Quote (dense0293)
2. is this possible; creating a website named forum.ucoz.do.am (an example only) then attaching it to community.mydomain.com?

This is a sub-domain. So yes. Use the third attachment method and check to make sure the settings are correct in the primary domain's CP.

Quote (dense0293)
3. regarding of email creation; is there website i can use for email purposes because i cannot use google mail service?

We do not provide such services - you will have to use a third party provider such as Google Apps. Most of these will cost you money nowadays however.

Quote (dense0293)
4. does the email will expired?

I don't understand what you are asking exactly - could you please specify. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Cyberdasm

Message # 699 | 11:15 AM
Regarding to my fourth question sir Paradox

I mean if i have an email service on my own for example asd@mydomain.com ------> this email will expire or free at all times?

1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 700 | 11:16 AM
Quote (dense0293)

Paradox is right. However, if you are asking whether you can create more than one subdomain with your attached domain name, like subdomain1.domain.com, subdomain2.domain.com, subdomain3.domain.com, then the answer it 'yes', you can do this.

Sunny

Message # 701 | 11:22 AM
Quote (dense0293)
I mean if i have an email service on my own for example asd@mydomain.com ------> this email will expire or free at all times?

It will depend on the service you will use to create it. I can only tell that the e-mail won't definitely work if the domain in which it was created expires.

Cyberdasm

Message # 702 | 5:43 AM
how can i setup zoho mail

MX Records Host Priority
mx.zohomail.com @ 10
mx2.zohomail.com @ 20

where shoould i put it

1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 703 | 12:23 PM
dense0293, you can add MX records in Control Panel -> Domain attachment -> Edit domain records in expert mode.
Biltu

Message # 704 | 5:10 PM
Patharpara.ucoz.com
Sunny

Message # 705 | 7:49 AM
Biltu, if you have any difficulties with domain attachment, describe the problem.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: