uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 61 | 11:10 AM
cftxp, if Windows Live provides such service than you can try. However we can't provide a setup guide.
donch

Message # 62 | 7:51 PM
What is an EPP code?
An EPP code is an unique key which allows us to transfer your domain to us from your previous register.
Can someone please help me to find out what or where my EPP code is so i can transfer out my domain to a new hosting company?

Why does tech support always send us newbies to this forum stuff. its so hard finding what you want and is very timing consuming. for the time tech support spends telling to come here they could already give us an answer to would satisfy our question.

if anyone can help, i need it asap, like today if possible.

my url is : http://hollingberryyorkies.com

can someon plzzzz help!

Sunny

Message # 63 | 9:17 AM
donch, what and where are you trying to transfer? If you want to transfer _http://hollingberryyorkies.com to some third-party hosting company, then uCoz has nothing to do with it.
Ar7

Message # 64 | 0:11 AM
How do i do it? Through my original domain registrar or through ucoz. Please explain in detailed steps. Thnx.
Sunny

Message # 65 | 9:00 AM
Ar7, your domain name expires soon and you want to renew it? Then through your original domain registrar.
Ar7

Message # 66 | 9:15 AM
Quote (Sunny)
Ar7, your domain name expires soon and you want to renew it? Then through your original domain registrar.

Should i detach the domain from ucoz before i renew it with my original registrar ?
Sunny

Message # 67 | 9:30 AM
Ar7, no.
ShiFT

Message # 68 | 12:06 PM
Hey, I'm having some problems... I recently signed up for a free domain at www.dot.tk
And that made my website: starshipphoenix.tk; But when someone tries to sign in, by starshipphoenix.tk, the green check mark appears, but it reloads the same page and you are not logged in. So you log in, it gives you the check mark, and then the page reloads and you are a guest again....
Can someone help?? sad
Altric

Message # 69 | 12:19 PM
Well ShiFT, Maybe you shouldn't use dot.tk, instead make them try the uCoz domain.
"When you get frustrated, Just ignore it and keep on enjoying life."
~ Altric
..::Jack's Blog::..
Post edited by Z10 - Monday, 2009-06-29, 2:07 PM
ShiFT

Message # 70 | 12:55 PM
I know, with the Ucoz domain it works fine, but I made an Ucoz domain saying: testsite... thinking I could change it later, but I cant.. i tried .co.nr and same thing happens
Armaros

Message # 71 | 1:39 PM
ShiFT, I suggest you co.cc. It's really good and wont have any problems with uCoz. You can park it properly.
Sp1Rltz

Message # 72 | 2:12 AM
i have a problem with domain attactching. i used co.cc and it said i can't attacth and it gave me some sort of IP address. wierd. and i used the other way and it made me wait 30 minutes but didn't work.
Sunny

Message # 73 | 8:11 AM
Sp1Rltz, the first page of this thread has a detailed guide on how to attach a co.cc domain. Try to follow it step by step.
Bunny

Message # 74 | 3:10 AM
I am trying to register a domain at Arvixe.com and when I go to purchase the domain and point it at my ucoz site, I input the DNS servers I am told: ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net . However, when I do so (I've had support try to do it for me as well, and no go) it gives me the error message: "Error 531 - Nameserver name does not exist or is invalid." I'm pretty certain it's not a problem on Arvixe's side. Either way, can anybody give me an answer as to what is going on here?
Sunny

Message # 75 | 8:49 AM
Bunny, contact our Tech. Support via your Control Panel.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: