uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Domain Transfer: General Discussion
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:25 AM
General Information

It is possible to attach a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, e-mail accounts etc. if a domain is attached by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based e-mails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or any other domain registrar;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

Domain Attachment FAQ

Question: How can I create a subdomain?

Answer: Please see the following guide: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-6436-16-1218803195

Question: Can I attach two domains to my website?

Answer: No, it is not possible.

Question: Can I change the ucoz domain, e.g.: mysite.ucoz.co.uk to mysiteEtc.ucoz.co.uk. Is this allowed and how?

Answer: No, once you have chosen a domain name you cannot change it, you can only create a new website.

Question: How do i setup my uCoz web page in my own domain? I did try but failed. I can see this error message:

The domain djcaner.biz has been parked but not yet attached to the account.
Domain has incorrect set of name servers: ns1.hostavrupa.net, ns2.hostavrupa.net
The following list of the name servers must be applied: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net

Answer: The system gives you the answer: You must change the name servers in the domain control panel (your account on the website where you registered the domain).

1. How to Attach a Domain by Method 2: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18149-1
2. How to Attach a Domain by Method 3: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-18150-1

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at another registrar's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Tears

Message # 76 | 10:12 AM
Hi, do I really need to create another domain at .co.cc before I can create an email at the ucoz domain for eg. email@mysite.ucoz.com?
Kinezul

Message # 77 | 0:21 AM
First of all, please excuse my english, i'm romanian.
Second of all, i must say, Ucoz is great, i really was able to do a wonderful website using it.
Not there is only one problem, and i hope you can help me solve it.

I have a domain of my own, kinezul.ro , domain bought from eurodns.com.
I tried your both ways to change the domain..

1) I logged in to the control panel at Eurodns, made an A record with "208.100.61.2" (and i have other settings that are blank there, like AAAA Ipv6, Canonical name, TXT resource.I had wait those 6 hours, and then when i use "attach domain" on Ucoz, i get this message : "Specified domain name resolves into incorrect IP address. (80.92.66.130)"

2) I logged in to the control panel at Eurodns, made the nameservers "ns1.ucoz.net" and "ns2.ucoz.net", but they asked me for a different IP address for each nameserver. I didn't knew what i should put there, so i put "208.100.61.2", but they don't let me use the same ip for both nameservers. Anyway, i saved, i set the new nameservers as default, waited the whole 12 hours, and then used "park domain" on Ucoz and got this message that the settings for netservers are wrong, i should have "ns1.ucoz.net" and "ns2.ucoz.net", instead of "ns1.eurodns.com" and "ns2.eurodns.com"

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong, help me do the right settings so i can use my own domain.
Anticipated thanks, and again, please pardon my english if it is a little bit rusty.

Sunny

Message # 78 | 4:04 PM
Tears, yes. co.cc or any other custom domain.
SE1NDAL

Message # 79 | 7:34 PM
Where in the control panel do i find, were i can change the DNS servers.
Dartz

Message # 80 | 8:13 PM
Not in uCoz panel but in your domain panel. I can't help you with it as
there are thousand different domain providers and I wont look into it.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
SE1NDAL

Message # 81 | 3:26 PM
In my domain panel ... Oo
Sunny

Message # 82 | 3:33 PM
SE1NDAL, the place/site where you bought your domain.
Flipperbear404

Message # 83 | 3:25 PM
ok i just added my new domain name and it said i have to wait 15 mins to go on my website and its been about an hour or 2 and i still cant go on it
Dartz

Message # 84 | 9:15 PM
Flipperbear404, go to your control panel and check if it's fully parked.
Flipperbear404

Message # 85 | 9:19 PM
its fully attached it says domain name "xtremworkshop.com" has been attached to the account
Dartz

Message # 86 | 9:43 PM
Flipperbear404, http://xtremworkshop.com works fine for me. Try to check if your
browser doesn't have offline mode on or it doesn't block http://xtremworkshop.com

Flipperbear404

Message # 87 | 9:48 PM
when you go on it does it say This site is under construction. because i can see that but i cant edit or remove it to my old homepage
Dartz

Message # 88 | 10:46 PM
Flipperbear404, it doesn't display under construction for me when I select any of those pages. Please make a screen shot.
Rugby

Message # 89 | 0:23 AM
Thanks.
The domain was already attached to a ucoz site (the one I had to delete). Would the DNS servers not be already ucoz ones then?
The guy who bought the domain is out of the country on hols - gone since yesterday - what luck and the people looking for the site are getting p*ssed off at me sad .
Sunny

Message # 90 | 8:25 AM
Rugby, no. You need to attach the domain and do all necessary changes once again.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Domain Transfer: General Discussion (custom domain, subdomains. domain-based email)
Search: