• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Testing of the new "Video" module
Testing of the new "Video" module
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:17 PM
Dear uCoz Community!

We invite you to take part in the testing of our new "Video" module!

We really appreciate your opinion and will be grateful for any suggestions/remarks concerning the appearance and features of the module, so that we could create a really easy-to-use module. If you see any typos/mistakes - feel free to report them as well.

You can try the module on the test server:

Account #1
Website with the module: http://dev002-ab.ucozmedia.com/video
Control Panel: http://dev002-ab.ucozmedia.com/admin
Control Panel password: tester6461
Max. number of simultaneous logins into CP: 4

Account #2
Website with the module: http://dev002-ac.ucozmedia.com/video
Control Panel: http://dev002-ac.ucozmedia.com/admin
Control Panel password: tester2683
Max. number of simultaneous logins into CP: 4

We are waiting for your suggestions and remarks!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 2:59 PM
Sunny, it's looking great. biggrin I'll write a full description of what I've noticed below but overall the module is looking really good. smile Pass on my appreciation to the developers if you can. happy

So the overall entry appearance I like as it keeps the continuity of every uCoz module design, it also makes sense to have it appear how it does as it will make the appearance of entries editing much quicker than in some other cases. I'm not able to add entries without a .swf file to test it out with however it looks like the appearance will be split into columns. Is there a default number or will this change to the appearance of the entries? smile

On the module settings the abundance of different options is looking like it will come in really useful. For users that don't want to edit the entries themselves there are a tonne of different options which will be really useful for them. I especially like the number of different fields for the different purposes. Offering such a large number and thinking of all the separate details that could be needed (such as Actors, Director, Genre, Language, Quality, etc) is a really well-thought addition to the module.

In the adding form I have to say I love the icons used for the links to add/upload the screenshot(s) and file(s) etc. smile It breaks the boxyness of the page up and adds a dash of colour where it can sometimes be missing in designs. biggrin happy

Those were the main things that stood out to me however the rest is looking just as good. smile The only query I have is whether all users will be able to use HTML in the .swf link box? I noticed Scorpik had simply the video he used. Is this something the system's done or something Scorpik did? smile

All in all I think it's looking great. happy

Attached are some screen shots of possible bugs that may need to be looked at but I'm not sure if they will be global system problems or just problems related to certain browsers and such. Either way if I find any more I will add them. wink
Attachments: 3649443.png (115.9 Kb)

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 1:17 PM
Dear users, we are still waiting for your remarks. Have anyone else tested the module?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:49 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very attentive - "Announcements" cannot be commented by users. The thread has been moved here. smile
ursuletul

Message # 5 | 7:55 PM
uCoz needs to make a system like YouTube where you allow people to put videos and get money from advertisement.
Google is your main competitor so try to compete with a similar system.
Black-Mage

Message # 6 | 12:40 PM
Sunny, This is a really great idea...
but im blocked from the testing site. McAfee is telling that this is a dangerous site?

Added (2012-05-30, 6:40 AM)
---------------------------------------------
it says that its already visited this site and has seen "one or more risky behaviors". is this an error?
Ill check up on this later, im excited. happy

Attachments: 7869688.png (84.6 Kb)

◄]Registered 2012-04-15[►
Post edited by Black-Mage - Wednesday, 2012-05-30, 12:34 PM
Pancake_old

Message # 7 | 12:50 PM
I was able to login earlyer and check it out, However, would all users have access of adding this to there site for free ? or would you have to purchase the add on ?
This would make a cool Free add-on. smile

ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 8 | 1:32 PM
It's awesome. smile I can't wait to use it!
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 1:43 PM
Pancake, I believe it is going to be a free module implemented into the system globally. smile

Black-Mage, from what I've seen of problems with McAfee it will be blocking the server because it isn't really a standard server name and contains testing features and such. I will talk to Sunny about the problem when I have a chance. wink

13053121k0, thank you for your comments. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
VLADA

Message # 10 | 11:55 PM
I have a question about this module, is this module intended to just embed video from another website like youtube, vimeo or you can upload a video to website like you upload image to Photo Album?
http://banovci.ucoz.net
http://guardsofaden.ucoz.ru
http://jeftinodosajta.com
-------------------------------

With uCoz since 2007.
Pancake_old

Message # 11 | 2:03 AM
.....And how much time would be allowed per user ?
I hear youtube now allows an hour or more ?

ePal(Join and be rewarded with our new look)
Bookface
K-Love (Listen Live)
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 12 | 6:59 AM
Pancake, If you're just gonna embed a video from youtube, then of course there's no time limit.
Sunny

Message # 13 | 11:47 AM
Quote (Pancake)
would all users have access of adding this to there site for free ?

Yes, the module will be free.

Quote (VLADA)
you can upload a video to website like you upload image to Photo Album?

This possibility will be added in future.

Quote (Black-Mage)
but im blocked from the testing site. McAfee is telling that this is a dangerous site?

The website is safe, so you can temporarily disable the antivirus to test the module. If you wish smile

Ekong

Message # 14 | 9:53 AM
sad sir sunny , this video module, is available now?
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 15 | 10:40 AM
Ekong, Unfortunately, this module is still not yet available. This module will be rolled publicly in the next few weeks or so from what I know. We'll just have to wait for further announcements. smile
Post edited by YamiTatsuro - Saturday, 2012-06-02, 10:47 AM
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Testing of the new "Video" module
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: