• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Will uCoz have an Android app?
Will uCoz have an Android app?
CoffeeCone

Message # 1 | 6:21 AM
I was wondering if uCoz will ever have an Android app apart from the mobile version of the website? Typically, this app should let the users manage their uCoz sites, add content, manage users, etc.
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 7:21 AM
CoffeeCone, atm I don't believe it is on the plans however if I remember correctly it was forwarded on to the team as a suggestion for the development of an iPhone/iPad app. So not at the moment but maybe sometime in the far away future. smile

I'd imagine they would make an Android app at the same time as an Apple one. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 1:09 PM
CoffeeCone, we do have plans for mobile apps smile But atm there is no, even approximate, dates.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CoffeeCone

Message # 4 | 6:05 AM
Thanks both of you smile BTW, Sunny, are you aware of any APIs that may help 3rd party developers integrate more with the system?
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Moe

Message # 5 | 6:31 AM
Yes Atm There is no apps for the Android nor the iphone ipod and ipad yet Stil in the process But what you can Try to do is make your own ucoz app like i did its simple just search google and make your app smile at least untill ucoz makes an androis iphone/ipad app smile happy
CoffeeCone

Message # 6 | 6:50 AM
Quote (Moe)
Yes Atm There is no apps for the Android nor the iphone ipod and ipad yet Stil in the process But what you can Try to do is make your own ucoz app like i did its simple just search google and make your app at least untill ucoz makes an androis iphone/ipad app

I think you are talking about wrapping the website in an app via webview. However that's no different that going to the mobile browser itself.

Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:29 AM
CoffeeCone, if you provide more info as to what exactly you want to integrate, I might be able to suggest smth smile
CoffeeCone

Message # 8 | 5:55 AM
Quote (Sunny)
CoffeeCone, if you provide more info as to what exactly you want to integrate, I might be able to suggest smth

A more seamless and accessible forum version would be nice. smile As of right now, when I visit the uCoz forums from a mobile phone browser, it seems it doesn't show properly.

Or just add support for TapaTalk I guess? smile

Sunny

Message # 9 | 10:56 AM
CoffeeCone, I am afraid I can't suggest anything new. You can edit PDA templates if you speak about your own websites.
CoffeeCone

Message # 10 | 3:34 AM
Quote (Sunny)
CoffeeCone, I am afraid I can't suggest anything new. You can edit PDA templates if you speak about your own websites.

Nahh, I was talking about this forum itself. smile I meant like the PDA template for this forum isn't well optimized for mobile.

Sunny

Message # 11 | 1:27 PM
CoffeeCone, let's wait for the forum design update and then we'll see what we can do smile If you have any suggestions about the mobile templates, you are welcome to post them.
CoffeeCone

Message # 12 | 6:25 AM
Quote (Sunny)
CoffeeCone, let's wait for the forum design update and then we'll see what we can do If you have any suggestions about the mobile templates, you are welcome to post them.

Nice! I'm looking forward to it. smile

uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Will uCoz have an Android app?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: