• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Classified ads
Classified ads
Doomcaster

Message # 1 | 7:27 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.
After hours of searching I found ucoz.com and till now the site has not failed to amaze me.
I am thinking of making a website for classified ads like olx.in
I am totally new to this, so can anyone tell me how to go about it. Can I place links on my home page to redirect to another page to help users post ads.
ps- If I do it well and work hard, can I really earn money from it? :P
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 10:21 AM
Doomcaster, welcome to uCoz! biggrin

If you're looking to do some heavy customisation in relation to your sites design I'd advise checking out this site here - http://w3schools.com - it is a great resource and has lots of information regarding web coding and a number of useful tools which will be of assistance.

As to the links. The uCoz system is developed so that you have a large amount of flexibility just as much as if you were editing your own HTML pages, just in an easier to use manner. So it is definitely possible.

As to the earning money we have no objections to people earning through their sites in any way shape or form. As long as it is within the ToS feel free. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Doomcaster

Message # 3 | 7:09 PM
Is there any way i can make the normal ads, 'premium ads' on some payment?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 9:52 AM
Doomcaster, what exactly are you meaning by premium adds. If you can further clarify what you are looking to do I will be able to help more. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Doomcaster

Message # 5 | 4:23 PM
Umm like all people may post ads, but if they pay a certain amount, i can make these ads premium and they can be displayed on the home page(or any other page) or maybe on top of the page where all ads are displayed.
And if it is possible, how will I be able to charge money for ads?any way that will be convenient for me to accept payments.

Added (2012-10-05, 10:23 AM)
---------------------------------------------
bump...

Sunny

Message # 6 | 7:15 PM
Quote (Doomcaster)
can make these ads premium and they can be displayed on the home page(or any other page)

You can use informers - create an informer for a certain ad board category, and move premium ads to this category. Or you can use the "Entry always on top" feature, that can be enabled in the module settings. As for payments - they can be manual. By standard means it won't be possible to make ads premium automatically after a payment.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Doomcaster

Message # 7 | 4:25 PM
thank you for telling me about informer.

ps-ill make a new thread asking some questions so that many users visit it.
Post edited by Doomcaster - Sunday, 2012-10-07, 7:51 PM
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Classified ads
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: