• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Top old uCoz templates you liked & Responsive templates (About Default Templates - Questions)
Top old uCoz templates you liked & Responsive templates
Vorpal

Message # 1 | 1:34 PM
Some of the old themes made by uCoz where astonishingly good !

One of them was : Design #601 - a thematic and extremely well crafted template with a distinct style that makes your eyes very happy in all modules. The contrast is good, the links are visible the content is very easy on the eyes.

I am afraid some of the new uCoz responsive designs, except for having a different kind of menu are hurting the eyes and the forum module is almost unusable (too bright colors, no proper contrast). Most of them are a step back except for being responsive.

Other responsive templates are simply cluttered with "INTRO" "PROMO" "SLIDER" stuff that make the site to be hard to follow overall (hard to navigate).

A minimalistic design is always the best option.

I heard uCoz wants to delete some of the old designs, unfortunately that would be a mistake since the new ones are worse.

There are quite some good design in the old templates although none of them equals : Design #601. Another cool one is Design #797 (and a couple of others)

From the new ones maybe the : Design #1101 is something different.

Instead of focusing on premium templates http://ucoztemplates.com/ you should better focus on making very good default templates. Otherwise the service you offer can suffer greatly especially for people not skilled in template building and coding. (most of the customers)

The Russian site : http://uthemes.ru/ has some design that use a very cool overlay background image that is coded with "cover" attribute : http://demo.uthemes.ru/index/gamescope/0-176 that gives nice results no matter the resolution and is easy to customize.

Code
{background-attachment:fixed;background-size:cover;}

Anyway what are the plans for the future template design and revamped old templates ?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 6:56 PM
Vorpal, some very old templates will be deleted permanently from the system, but they will continue working, as well.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Vorpal

Message # 3 | 11:23 PM
A very bad idea to not be able to chose them. (the good ones)
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:01 AM
Vorpal, it's no secret that older uCoz designs are outdated. And I mean here not only their general appearance, but mainly HTML layout. When creating new templates, we are trying to take into account modern tendencies and make them convenient to use. And all of them are customizable - if you don't like some colors, they can always be changed. If you don't know how - we are here to guide you. Besides, we haven't stopped working on new templates, and when they are released you might find the one that suits your website best.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Vorpal

Message # 5 | 8:29 PM
I am glad to hear that Sunny. The colors can be changed in CSS, the problem is with the default colors that are not very readable (and sometimes can make a not so good first impression) and sometimes the clutter.

Otherwise yes they can be changed.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Top old uCoz templates you liked & Responsive templates (About Default Templates - Questions)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: