Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Suggestions to improve uCoz
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:29 PM
Here you can post your suggestions concerning the uCoz website builder.

There are some rules for those who want to post a suggestion and for those who comment them:

* Make sure you know the uCoz system well enough to suggest new features.

* Be attentive when posting a suggestion and make sure the suggested feature DOES NOT EXIST already.

* Please DO NOT COMMENT the suggestions. You may comment ONLY if smth has been already suggested (with a link to the previous suggestion) or if we DO HAVE the suggested feature.

* Replies of the developers are not guaranteed.

Use the following form to submit your suggestion:

Code
[b]1. Suggestion:[/b]

[b]2. Why uCoz needs this feature:[/b]

[b]3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:[/b]

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Vallina

Message # 16 | 8:21 AM
1. Suggestion: Turn the new visual editor into a Module, such as a Notes module for users, because it auto-saves.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: uCoz already has the new visual editor completed and working well. It would not be hard to implement. This is another way to keep users coming back to sites with a cool personal notes module while browsing the site.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Turn it into a customizable module. Users would not be submitting anything, merely saving their notes.
bodbreed

Message # 17 | 0:46 AM
1. Suggestion: Add an option for an entry to be not downloadable in file catalog.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Adds flexibility on what people can post without being accused of copyright infringement.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Add a checkbox in the adding new entry form that determines whether it's available for download or not.
Loz

Message # 18 | 2:08 AM
Suggestion:
Database / Site replication resulting in an higher uptime for sites

Why uCoz needs this feature:
In light of the recent DDoS attacks on server 57, whereby all server 57 sites have suffered considerable downtime

Your thought on how it can be implemented:
This would probably be not cost effective for all sites and hence could be introduced as a 'paid service' either as part of the 12 month subscription or as a one off payment.

Upon the service being 'paid for' then the 'paid for' site is transferred to a 'paid for' server. These 'paid for' servers have alternative servers which contain a replicated site / database.

When there is a problem with the main server suffering downtime the relevant ucoz router recognises the server has not been available and hence reroutes the request to the alternative/replicated server.

Post edited by Loz - Sunday, 2013-02-24, 2:08 AM
khen

Message # 19 | 1:45 PM
1. Suggestion: Make the page selectors in Modules and in Comments indexable by search engines.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: To increase search engine ranking of the site and its pages.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Disable the use of javascript. Make it a do-follow link like the forum page selectors.

Added (2013-03-06, 7:45 AM)
---------------------------------------------
1. Suggestion: Create related threads in the forum.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: To increase the search engine ranking of the forum and its pages. With this feature, search engines can crawl those old pages that were not yet indexed.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Make this like the related entries in other modules.

Mar1aN

Message # 20 | 3:51 PM
1. Suggestion:
Informers for 24 h

2. Why uCoz needs this feature:
I think uCoz needs this feature because many users use informers, and this option that i suggest, that should show the most watched / voted entries of the day(24h). This feature would help users to make their site more interesting.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:
That should the developing team do.

Added (2013-03-07, 9:51 AM)
---------------------------------------------
1. Suggestion:
Photo Albums: Another setting:
Transform images.png in to images.jpg

I think uCoz needs this feature because the images.png are very big in size (the page load slower with them), compared to images.jpg (the page loads faster with them) and the the size reducing setting + the "Watermark text" which are offered by "Photo Albums" don't work for for images.png.

Make an option in the control pannel like "Use the "LightBox" feature in categories" where, if we want we could select to keep the original image type or we want that all images that are .png should automatically transform into images.jpg.

khen

Message # 21 | 0:22 AM
1. Suggestion: Transforms .png files into .jpg or .jpeg files in all uCoz modules such as Ad Board, File Catalog, Site Catalog Blogs, Publisher, etc.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Large .png images overlaps and destroys the size of the main content-width

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: I have no knowledge on how it can be implemented.

Post edited by khen - Friday, 2013-03-15, 0:23 AM
CodeResolution

Message # 22 | 11:32 AM
1. Suggestion: More Secure Online Payment Methods (E-Shop)

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Currently, uCoz offer extremely limited options for online payments - especially for countries like England, United Kingdom. Which happens to be one of the most popular countries in the entire world for online payments/shopping.

PayPal appears to be the only viable one at the moment, but it certainly isn't enough. At this moment, I have 4 long-term individual Premium ($8.99) accounts with uCoz and growing. So as you can see I will be bringing in a lot of my own web-clients to use uCoz for the E-Shop feature, but unfortunately it may be the case that I have to go else wear unless you can extend the payments methods and include at least one or both of the two options below.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Implement services like CardSave, SagePay and Google Wallet. These are two of the most highest commended payment gateways for online shopping.

Although these services are great. Even better would certainly be to work closely with cards: VISA, VISA DEBIT, AMERICAN EXPRESS, CREDIT CARDS, DISCOVER, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, CIRUSS etc.

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by CodeResolution - Wednesday, 2013-03-27, 12:19 PM
bodbreed

Message # 23 | 8:21 AM
1. Suggestion: Make video views/plays count for guests.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: A lot of people come on my site as guests and watch videos, while the video views stays at 0. Its makes my site look like a ghost town when it comes to the video section, when in actuality it's pretty popular and where I get the most hits. I also think it may be driving guests away from my site.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Just like every other module where page views count for everyone, whether you're signed in or not. At least make page views count for videos, I can understand that "plays" mite be a bit more difficult.
Post edited by XO-Ferg - Wednesday, 2013-04-03, 4:04 AM
LIBertea

Message # 24 | 3:02 PM
1. Suggestion: We should have the same HTML editor for the FORUM that we have in the Blog or the Publisher module. We could really use the HTML CODE PANEL feature.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: It would allow admins and mods to have full control of entries' code. The same control we have in the other modules. Forum entries recognize HTML code and axccept it, however once it is posted nobody can access it and sometimes it gets messy and impossible to edit

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: implement in the Forum the same editor we use in other modules.
Urs

Message # 25 | 7:48 PM
1. Suggestion:

*) Graphic menu with effects + with open in a new window/page/tab option.
**) More image formats supported for this widget ( jpg, png, bmp etc. )

*) For example:

a) If you use the graphics menu with effects to build a menu just like in Site Menu Builder the option Open in a new window should be present because it represents a basic functionality that is very appreciated and needed.

b) If you make a page with many picture items ( like a catalog with locations, buildings, etc ), that show more information when you hover the mouse over the initial picture, you want people when they click the picture to go to the official page of that particular item, but in a new tab/window so he/she can easily come back to click on another item from the catalog. ( so the user doesn't have to leave the original page, because he is still interested to see other items )

**) Right now only .gif is supported, so someone needs to upload their picture then rename it to .gif in order for the widget to work.

*) The same way Site Menu Builder - open in a new window option works ( _blank )
**) The same way you expanded the working image formats for other modules, widgets ( make .jpg, .png, .bmp etc. visible in file manager and the widget to work with such image formats )

This widget has a big potential and can be used in many ways.

Thank you so much.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Friday, 2013-04-19, 7:59 PM
bodbreed

Message # 26 | 7:34 PM
1. Suggestion: Improve Module Search (Extend character limit ), or Make entries appear in "Site Search" as soon as entries are published.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Some people use modules for different purposes, in my case, I use it specifically for music. So some visitors may search a whole song title instead of an artist's name. For example; say if I added a song which was titled "Meek DeMeo - Another Sheep", if I searched "Meek DeMeo" the song would come up, but if I searched "Meek DeMeo - Another Sheep", the song wouldn't come up. And a lot of the time a whole song title may exceed the character limit in the search box.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: For "Module Search", make it act as "Site Search" in terms of better search performance.
Post edited by XO-Ferg - Saturday, 2013-05-04, 7:35 PM
Xayaan

Message # 27 | 8:44 AM
1. Suggestion: A ".ucoz.fr" (France domain)
2. Why uCoz needs this feature:The feature is for the french-speaking uCoz users and i think this domain will helpful for the french-speaking users and could help in someway expand uCoz localisation in French-speaking area.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:It can be implemented by setting up a new "uCoz.fr" free domain feature on the uCoz system, By the technical/developers team.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Post edited by Xayaan - Saturday, 2013-06-29, 8:45 AM
Cyberdasm

Message # 28 | 11:03 AM
1. Suggestion:
".ucoz.ph" (Philippines domain)

The feature is for the Filipino-speaking uCoz users. This domain will helpful for the Filipino-speaking users and could help to expand uCoz localisation in Filipino-speaking areas.

It can be implemented by setting up a new "uCoz.ph" free domain feature on the uCoz system, By the technical/developers team.

1F4BF3B
Post edited by dense0293 - Saturday, 2013-06-29, 11:06 AM
Good

Message # 29 | 2:50 AM
1. Suggestion: Improve Informer feature

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: When someone reads the article, once finishing, they have to click back to the category page then selecting another post. It takes time, inconvenience, and noncontinuous. This new feature will allow user selecting the next 10 or 20 (depending on setting) entries in the same post that they do not need to be back to the category main page. Make it more flexible for readers in publisher, file catalog, site catalog....

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Just adding this feature in the Informer. If we are reading article 1, the informer will show the next 10 post except the one we are reading.

If we are reading article 4, the informer will show the next 10 post as the screenshot below and it will show like that forever until there is no entry to show more.

And the last one, using AJAX for loading content faster. Nowaday, most sites use AJAX for loading content. It saves time to read new entry without refresh page.
Attachments: 4950880.jpg (18.5 Kb) · 0876685.jpg (19.7 Kb)
Post edited by Good - Sunday, 2013-06-30, 4:59 AM
minhquy888pham

Message # 30 | 9:10 AM
1. Suggestion: Use Search Engine Friendly URLs In Forum Module

Tor better SEO, I think ucoz should add setting for webmaster : Use Search Engine Friendly URLs In Forum Module

instead of URL : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1

replaced by: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/ucoz-server -status/3-14706-1

Such SEO better with the search engines ( Google, Bing,.. )
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Search: