Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Suggestions to improve uCoz
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:29 PM
Here you can post your suggestions concerning the uCoz website builder.

There are some rules for those who want to post a suggestion and for those who comment them:

* Make sure you know the uCoz system well enough to suggest new features.

* Be attentive when posting a suggestion and make sure the suggested feature DOES NOT EXIST already.

* Please DO NOT COMMENT the suggestions. You may comment ONLY if smth has been already suggested (with a link to the previous suggestion) or if we DO HAVE the suggested feature.

* Replies of the developers are not guaranteed.

Use the following form to submit your suggestion:

Code
[b]1. Suggestion:[/b]

[b]2. Why uCoz needs this feature:[/b]

[b]3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:[/b]

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Garfunkel

Message # 46 | 8:55 AM
1. Suggestion:
I would like a new page that combines blog posts from multiple categories. Just like the main blog does, but for just 2 categories, not all categories at once.
Code
http://site.ucoz.com/blog/categoryA/1-0-1
http://site.ucoz.com/blog/categoryB/1-0-1
http://site.ucoz.com/blog/categoryA+B/1-0-1

More info here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/14-17270-105581-16-1390833563

2. Why uCoz needs this feature:
It offers more flexibility in customizing a website, and there are a number of users on the forum requesting more options regarding module categories.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:
It should be similar to what is already implemented. The category pages are probably auto generated as a filter on the blog posts. This would be an extension of that. A new page that combines filters.
Haider

Message # 47 | 12:06 PM
My suggestion

there should be a proper profile / wall for users and a bit social touch too as this is very much needed in every type of websites even it`s gaming or even it`s a music one , and there should be a sharing option which can share the thing with his / her friends.

Sunny

Message # 48 | 12:33 PM
Haider, you can use the uCoz Social Bar on your website. It is also possible to embed sharing and like buttons from Facebook, Google + etc. separately.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Haider

Message # 49 | 7:01 AM
khen

Message # 50 | 8:17 AM
1. Suggestion: Provide word counter in the WYSIWYG editor of Add/Editing Entry Page.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: The word counter is very useful tool for counting the total number of words in creating high quality and in-depth articles that can rank higher in search engines.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: I have no idea on how to implement it.

If there are plug-ins or scripts you know, please share it to us... I need it badly.

Post edited by khen - Monday, 2014-02-17, 8:21 AM
elsayed

Message # 51 | 1:03 AM
1. Suggestion: Increase maximum limit of informers .

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: To create sites with content and multiple pages .

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Is to increase the number of informers from 30 to unlimited .
Post edited by elsayed - Tuesday, 2014-02-25, 1:04 AM
Good

Message # 52 | 3:51 AM
1. Suggestion: Menu for a list of entry (something like Index for a book). For instance, Publ module for posting story.
In which the Section will be used for Kind of books and Category for Author.

The problem is when posting the a book with a lot of entries from chapter 1 to 220 (one entry is one chapter). We need to have a menu for them. This menu can be placed at the end of each entries or in the right hand column. Each book has its own menu.

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: It's more convenient for any site has a lot of entries and categories/sections which is grouped by author, title of book, ...

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: Adding one more check/tick option in add new entry page of all modules with feature "Adding this entry to book [title of book]"
Bond009

Message # 53 | 10:49 PM
1. Suggestion:
I think the PM mailing should be more customizable. It is kind of shocking a site owner/admin can't adjust the max amount of PMs an inbox can hold from a max of 200 to 500 or even a 1000. It's just plain text and takes up very little space. So the option should exist in the site Admin console.
Also
"The limit in private message is 5050 characters for Administrators, and 1050 characters for other users. The limits cannot be changed."

2. Why uCoz needs this feature:
I know a lot of other forums have a lot more administration features that can be changed/modified so i think in order to make ucoz better and be able to compete with those other sites these things should be added. Ucoz needs to be competitive with other sites/forums.
Also many of my members want to move to another site with more features and less limitations and i would rather not. So if you could add these options I would personally appreciate it.

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented:
This can be implemented very easily, just add 3 options in the login control panel for admin/site owner under Forum » Module settings and add some options to change what the max PM inbox limit is. and also a section for max PM characters limit for Admins Mods and all other users.
Or better yet..
Add these features under "Main » Users » User groups » Edit group properties or permissions"
This way you can set the PM max # limit per group and set max PM character limit per group biggrin
Thanks for your time and efforts.

Also if i may make one more suggestion that is very very useful. The Hive site http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php
has a feature in the Private Mail area at the bottom that says:
Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

And what that does is lets you download all the mail at once in your Inbox or Outbox and formats nicely it into a txt file or excel file or XML and allows you to easily download your whole Inbox/Outbox of PMs for external storage.
(although that wouldn't be as necessary if you unlocked the limitations on max PM limits)
Post edited by Bond009 - Thursday, 2014-03-06, 11:24 PM
Haider

Message # 54 | 7:29 AM
Suggestion
I think there should be a ad service of ucoz just like google ads/adwords in which only sites made with ucoz can post their ads
( by paying ) on the other hand sites which will activate it , they would get some money out of it.
It can be just like other codes $ads$ or something else.

PixelKhaos

Message # 55 | 10:27 PM
Haider, uCoz is not an advert company. What you are describing is up to the users themselves.
Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Mar1aN

Message # 56 | 11:58 PM
Add possibility to add checkboxes in the adding form, not just custom fields.
Add something similar to $CURRENT_PAGE$, but without <span> so we can place it in the meta title, like this forum.
Increase te title space for the entries in photo module.
Add possibility to choose if video views are counted only for users or for all visitors.
Add some new rating buttons, those with stars are not useful for all websites, and i don't about some official alternatives.
In the future try to improve your search functions ,they are important to sites with many entries.

Post edited by Mar1aN - Sunday, 2014-03-09, 0:07 AM
superman7063

Message # 57 | 12:17 PM
Hello enable option to make subcategory in subcategory like in video module
image here

And option to check/uncheck the swf file in video module so people can add any video embed from any website
image here
Attachments: 2149104.png (96.8 Kb) · 9269021.png (9.8 Kb)
NormalX

Message # 58 | 7:56 PM
1. Suggestion: Allow .htaccess

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Password Protection and for redirect

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: well simply allow to upload that kinda files, because i think it is standard...
Mar1aN

Message # 59 | 3:40 PM
Add new settings to informer.
When user wants to show entries in random order, add possibility to select a minimum of views/votes/comments, so only entries with bigger property would show.

Example
When a user creates an informer that shows random entries, and he chose a minimum of 100 views,
the informer will show in random order, only enties with 100+ views.

This would be a great way to show popular content to our visitors! biggrin

NormalX

Message # 60 | 10:34 PM
1. Suggestion: Change mobile site URL from PDA to m, and also add ability to auto redirect upon detecting mobile device, and switch back to full site when clicking PC Site option on the website

2. Why uCoz needs this feature: Everything is mobile. Though there are responsive template, it would be nice to have additional option like this one

3. Your thought on how it can be implemented: uCoz kind of have this feature, all it needs to do is change the /pda URL to /m and implement switching between mobile and desktop site
Post edited by NormalX - Tuesday, 2014-04-08, 10:35 PM
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Suggestions to improve uCoz (read the first post before posting and commenting)
Search: