• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Communication » uKit » Your Feedback and Comments on uKit
Your Feedback and Comments on uKit
Sunny

Message # 1 | 11:25 AM
Share your opinion and first impressions about the uKit website builder. We will be glad to hear your comments on:

• the builder itself (is it easy to use? user-friendly? intuitive?)
  • the service (work and load speed)
  • and any other comments are very welcome!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
HLA

Message # 2 | 3:17 PM
In last 10 years I tried so many drag-n-drop builders, but still uCoz stayed my favorite, no matter this fetaure wasn't available. Now, I'm really happy, especially because a lot of my business depending on uCoz. My first thought about uKit is really simple to use, with really great and modern interface. There should be much more options and content for users, but I'm sure that will be added latter(?).

One of biggest question is: WHAT ABOUT OUR OLD SITES? WILL WE BE ALBE TO EDIT THEM WITH uKIT? If not, that will be really disappointing for all users I'm sure.
BriCo84

Message # 3 | 3:45 PM
I have the same question as above.... how/when can we edit our existing sites? This seems great. My biggest complaint about ucoz.com is that even though it is super powerful, it can be overwhelmingly complicated to do basic things sometimes.

Can't wait to edit my existing site with this!
Kelarsol

Message # 4 | 4:26 PM
HLA and BriCo84, thank you for your kind comments.

uKit is a completely new website builder.
It is not possible to use it to edit our existing uCoz sites.
However an overhaul of the current uCoz admin system is in the development and will be published really soon.
That will make tending the sites created on the platform a lot easier.
HLA

Message # 5 | 5:23 PM
Quote Kelarsol ()
uKit is a completely new website builder.
It is not possible to use it to edit our existing uCoz sites.
However an overhaul of the current uCoz admin system is in the development and will be published really soon.
That will make it tending the sites created on the platform a lot easier.

Due this statement, I think uCoz should give much much more effort in redesigning existing admin tools, because there are a lot of web sites made with uCoz and like BriCo84 said, it can be overwhelmingly complicated to do basic things sometimes. Also, uKit will save a lot of time in creating and editing web site, but you guys must think about old users too, because current modul is pretty old, can be hard to use and is taking a lot of time to do anything. I really hope that new admin system will be efficient and as close as it can be to uKit, which is really great tool.

Basicaly, none of existing users and web sites won't have any benefit from uKit, and won't have in future too, at least for some time till uKit get filled with content and more tools so we can start making new web sites. Think about that.
Post edited by HLA - Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 5:26 PM
Urs

Message # 6 | 7:38 PM
As HLA & BriCo84 pointed out, uCoz has over 1 million websites and that is where all the revenue of uCoz comes from. Now i understand that uCoz is part of a bigger investment company and no longer has the freedom it once had in terms of deciding what to do next.

In this regard i don't see how the this ukit business will succeed, unless it is integrated in uCoz fully.

Thus uCoz should offer in the packages : Optimal / Shop / Maximal the ability to design templates from scratch (visual template builder including CSS) just like uKit or maybe even more.

The visual editor of uCoz is not perfect and in the past it had serious problems with duplication of code.

the builder itself (is it easy to use? user-friendly? intuitive?)
uCoz by compassion is hard to use when you want to make simple things that also look beautiful at the same time.
uKit is more easy but there are several flaws :

1. You have to go back to the dashboard to save changes - publish (takes time, is boring and repetitive). solution : make a button where you edit to save your work.

2. Finally you can insert a photo album in a page for god sake (you can no longer do that with uCoz after the last update). The flaw is that in the design : grid and collage, you can't click an arrow to see more pictures like in light box where you can click the arrow.

3. Another flaw is that you can't put two buttons one close to another to form a horizontal menu like bar.

4. Another flaw is two pictures touch one another in the vertical plane while having too much space between them in a horizontal position.

Also there is no way to resize pictures properly when you add them as a block instead of a paragraph.

Also the picture in a paragraph can't be repositioned properly where you want between the text.

5. The are no text shapes just a standard horizontal text block with 100% of screen resolution width.

the service (work and load speed)
Better than uCoz. The edit part is slow sometimes - especially when a site has larger pages, but the site result looks cleaner and faster than uCoz code.

and any other comments are very welcome!
I am against a separate product. Use your time and effort to insert this ukit to the new control panel of uCoz and allow the following with uCoz :

1. Design your own responsive templates from scratch instead of buying templates from others. This includes visual css editor : http://www.skybound.ca/ [extremely important]
2. Modify existing default templates to such extent to make them completely new. Even include a randomization feature to bring new life in old layouts.
3. Allow a light box style gallery to be inserted in the HTML paragraph of the page with arrows. (imagine a photo album inserted in the HTML page like here : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-17991-105880-16-1391621901

Integrate in uCoz this uKit.

Thank you.
Will come back later with more.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Tuesday, 2015-04-21, 7:42 PM
Kelarsol

Message # 7 | 9:49 PM
To HLA:

We completely agree with you. The uKit team is a separate entity and in no way hinders the development of uCoz. I think, you will agree: we've published a lot of uCoz updates and improvements lately. Even more are in our plans.
Actually, I would think that the competition and the exchange of ideas and found solutions with another team actually furthers uCoz's development.
We will do all we can to make our users happy with both products.
Kelarsol

Message # 8 | 10:05 PM
To Urs: that is a lot of comments and suggestions. Thank you!

Templates: I don't believe that the users of uKit will need a fully functional template builder. However, the future will show.
Pricing: We will consider your suggestion.
1) Saving changes: actually making them in the constructor saves them. The "publish" button just places the changes made to a live site - makes them available online. However, your comment about that being not obvious we will take to heart and think how to make it better.
2) Photo albums: am I correct in understanding that these are comments for both teams? Return the functionality to uCoz. Activate an arrow for clicks - to uKit's? Sorry if I misunderstood.
3) Horizontal menu like bar is important - there is one in the development plans I, but I'll forward your comment to dev team to make it appear sooner. )
4) Pictures' placements. I believe I understood, I hope your future comments will come with printscreens, if possible. Too close, when stacked and too far apart when placed side by side, right?
We will provide other placement and resize options. Thanks!
5) Text shapes. Ok!

Work and load speeds and clean finished looked. That is exactly what we hoped to achieve. Thanks for noticing.

The uCoz's comments I refer to uCoz dev.

And I really hope to see more comments from you, Urs, thank you.
Sunny

Message # 9 | 7:24 AM
HLA, BriCo84, Urs, thank you for your feedback, it's really important for us to hear all your thoughts and suggestions.

I would like to note once again that uCoz and uKit are two different projects, and their functionality is not connected. Development of uKit in no way hinders development of uCoz because they are developed by two separate teams. Let's also focus on uKit in this thread. I will be glad to answer your questions about uCoz on other forum boards.

Quote Urs ()
1. You have to go back to the dashboard to save changes - publish

It is possible to publish a website directly from the Builder mode, there is a button in the bottom left corner:

If you are reporting any errors/bugs/flaws, please try to provide screenshots. It will really help us understand what you mean better. Thank you!

Cyberdasm

Message # 10 | 8:02 AM
Yes it is loads fine when you have fast internet connection. Here in the Philippines I personally recommend to use Pldt or LTE connection in order to have an optimum performance. The Control panel is great, it has a user friendly tool. Even though sometimes it seems so very scary to edit Misty railway template because the block will dislocate in its place (but its okay i figure it out on how to deal it).

Can i suggest to release the manual so that we can penetrate deeply on the tools that we needed the most. As for now I am greatly satisfied. Thanks uCoz.

By the way is there a free plan when it is release from Beta testing?

1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 11 | 12:46 PM
Cyberdasm, hello.

Thank you very much for your feedback! With uKit Business Website Builder you can create any business-related site in a very very simple way. The system's UI (user interface) is intuitive and easy to use, but we maybe create tutorials related to the system.

At this moment, uKit is free-to-use, but after the beta-testing period (an not definied period, actually), you will have to pay a really affordable price for the service ($5/month/website).

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 12 | 2:05 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
Can i suggest to release the manual so that we can penetrate deeply on the tools that we needed the most. As for now I am greatly satisfied. Thanks uCoz.

We'll definitely add manuals in future.

Quote Cyberdasm ()

Bigblog is right, uKit won't be free, but there will be a free trial period.

BriCo84

Message # 13 | 12:31 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Quote Cyberdasm ()

Bigblog is right, uKit won't be free, but there will be a free trial period.

Unfortunately for me that's a deal breaker....I have a lot of expenses in marketing, and being someone who is in IT for a living and programs in java, and used to program in html about 17 years ago...I chose ucoz because of the free plan and the option to directly connect my domain. I spent a lot of time setting up a VERY BASIC website and planned to eventually turn it in to something awesome as I learned more. I tried some of the other website builders and their drag and drop system made the whole thing so easy that i almost used them. But i didn't want to pay to connect my domain.

So I am glad I found out about this before i redesigned my whole site on ukit because i would rather stay on ucoz with the one ad banner and not pay fees. It may sound cheap, but that just happens to be the financial situation I am in.
KillerWhalSam

Message # 14 | 12:59 PM
I am loving UKit even in the beta, I would love to use this as a replacement to the UCoz site builder.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 9:27 AM
BriCo84, KillerWhalSam, thank you for your feedback! uCoz and uKit are different and they have different target audience. I'm sure that each user will choose what suits his/her needs better. smile
uCoz Community » Communication » uKit » Your Feedback and Comments on uKit
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: