uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
Animorph

Message # 166 | 3:29 PM
VLADA, can your provide me a screenshot about what you wan't to change exactly in the login form , if so then i might be able to help you in a more detailed way
To busy building a passive income online ;)
VLADA

Message # 167 | 3:40 PM
Quote (Animorph)
VLADA, can your provide me a screenshot about what you wan't to change exactly in the login form , if so then i might be able to help you in a more detailed way

I don't want to change the Design of login form but type of login. Authorization to a site with uNet was E-mail + Password and for local users is User ID + password. What i wanted to do is to use e-mail instead of User ID for login in local registration but now I think that this is not possible.

http://banovci.ucoz.net
http://guardsofaden.ucoz.ru
http://jeftinodosajta.com
-------------------------------

With uCoz since 2007.
Post edited by VLADA - Friday, 2011-05-27, 3:40 PM
Animorph

Message # 168 | 7:10 PM
VLADA, I think that you are correct , i don't think that this is possible too
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 169 | 8:39 PM
VLADA,
Quote (VLADA)
1. Is it possible in local registration to change the content of e-mail sent after registration to confirm the registration (I want to translate it in Serbian since it's Serbian portal)?

It is not possible for anyone to edit this text.
Quote (VLADA)
2. Is it possible in local registration to login to a site via:

- email
- password

instead of:

- User ID
- password

I am afraid not
Creators

Message # 170 | 6:04 AM
Hi, how to remove the Ucoz net system info at the registration page??
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 171 | 6:29 AM
Creators, from what I know unless you change your user registration method to local accounts you can't remove the information about the uNet system.

Hope this helps happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Natashko

Message # 172 | 9:59 AM
Creators, Paradox, is right. It is impossible to change the fields or info of registration page. It is the same for all uNet users. But it is possible to change the info and the fields of registration form for local users.
It is possible to change "Allowed methods of users authorization" from uNet users to Local users, by buying any package or a service that costs more than 2 dollars once. To change the authorization method go to CP->Users->Module settings->Allowed methods of users authorization
touffiksteven

Message # 173 | 4:38 PM
I have a problem with registration , new users cant register because they dont get the confiramation e-mail , so anyone could help me fix the problem ?? sad sad
Natashko

Message # 174 | 8:13 AM
touffiksteven,
Quote (touffiksteven)
I have a problem with registration , new users cant register because they dont get the confiramation e-mail , so anyone could help me fix the problem ?

You need to inform you users about the following: "The message with the confirmation link could be regarded as spam, and as a result could get into Spam/Junk folder of the e-mail service you use or could be deleted.
Please check the contents of the Spam folder, and if the message is not there contact the support service of your e-mail provider. You are the one who is their customer and you can influence the quality of their work and the correctness of mail delivery.
If the message still was not found, we suggest that you use another e-mail service, register a new e-mail and use it to sign up once again."
Confirmation messages are discussed here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-2098-1 Please continue in the provided thread
Taz

Message # 175 | 9:38 PM
I'm trying to register new users but when they try to create an account it's telling them incorrect email. I can register them but it's telling me login or password incorrect when logging in.
Natashko

Message # 176 | 9:43 AM
Taz,
Quote (Taz)
I'm trying to register new users but when they try to create an account it's telling them incorrect email. I can register them but it's telling me login or password incorrect when logging in.

How exactly are you trying to register them? Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. It can be done in CP->Users » Add new user. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method. Of course, you need to provide them with their login data, which they may change.
If you meant uNet registration - they need to do it themselves. They may refer to the following tutorial to see how it's done: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-2596-1
I would strongly recommend you to read the first post of this thread too.
ExGAssass1n

Message # 177 | 10:54 AM
when one of my members signs up to our site he gets this message "The e-mail is used by another uNet user Thats the error he get's when he sign's up to the site.. he's tried 3 different emails. Can anyone help?
Sunny

Message # 178 | 11:13 AM
ExGAssass1n, it means that those e-mails are registered in the uNet system. He might have used the e-mails to sign up to other uCoz websites. In this case he does not need to re-register, he may use the same e-mail+password to sign in to your website. In case he does not remember the password, he can use the password reminding feature: http://www.unet.com/remind/
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
aposperittis

Message # 179 | 7:42 PM
Can we know please when the registers open again?
Sunny

Message # 180 | 10:29 AM
aposperittis, you can check the up-to-date info here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-14706-1 At the moment registration is working at http://www.unet.com/register/
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: