• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » How do I IP ban a user from the Control Panel?
How do I IP ban a user from the Control Panel?
KliPeH

Message # 1 | 1:38 PM
Firstly, I apologize in advance if I posted the thread in the wrong section. I tried looking for a "technical problems" section and also for other threads on the site helping me solve the issue but all I found was this old thread:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/9-2577-1 (wasn't allowed to use URL tags, sorry for the "broken" link)
which is no longer relevant since the design on the site changed so much ever since.

Long story short, any question I have regarding IP banning is answered with "look under the Control tab in the CP", both on the CP itself and on threads I looked up online. Thing is, there IS no Control tab in my CP. I'm not the owner of the website but i'm inside the Administrator group (I co-host it with a friend of mine). I know how to ban users by name but some of the pesky ones just keep on coming back and refuse to let go whatsoever. I have already banned over 30 duplicate accounts of banned users and finding that IP-ban option would really help me out.

Here's proof the Control tab is nowhere to be found inside the CP:
http://i.imgur.com/YblBIVu.png (wasn't allowed to use IMG tags so no preview for you either)

I have looked under all the other tabs, including the Security tab, the Tools tab and even the Paid services tab thinking the feature was put behind a paywall. I still can't find it, and any info regarding the issue would be highly appreciated.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 1:59 PM
Hi KliPeH,

The IP banning feature can be found by logging in to your website, and navigating in the Website Toolbar to Security > IP Blocking. I have attached an image below to help illustrate this.

I'll make sure to update the guides here on the forums so future users don't encounter this same problem - thank you for bringing it to our attention! cool

Attachments: 0592624.png (88.4 Kb)

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
KliPeH

Message # 3 | 5:58 PM
Hello Paradox,
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I still cannot find this function under the Security tab when logging into the admin control panel on my site. I see the design on your bar is different to mine; yours is similar to the one this forum uses, while mine looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/S3D51N5.png

Perhaps we're using different uCoz engines/versions? If you're familiar with mine, could you point me to the feature in the old version? Alternatively, is it possible to update mine to match yours?

EDIT #1:
I found the bar you were actually referring to. Rather than logging into the control panel, you'd simply have to be logged into your administrator account, then use the regular user hotbar anywhere from within the actual site to access the IP banning section. In my case, it looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/BoxJMkw.png

Again, thank you for the quick reply and helpful response.

EDIT #2:
The aforementioned hotbar doesn't work on mobile devices. I was using an iPhone 6 to access my site (which doesn't have a paid custom mobile template set in place) and after one of the recent updates I could no longer see that hotbar or use it from anywhere within my site. Perhaps mentioning that in your thread could prevent more confusion in the future.
Post edited by KliPeH - Friday, 2016-06-10, 6:11 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 0:09 AM
Quote KliPeH ()
The aforementioned hotbar doesn't work on mobile devices. I was using an iPhone 6 to access my site (which doesn't have a paid custom mobile template set in place) and after one of the recent updates I could no longer see that hotbar or use it from anywhere within my site. Perhaps mentioning that in your thread could prevent more confusion in the future.

I've forwarded this to the team, and I'll also make sure to mention it. ) It wasn't something I was actually aware of. Thanks!

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 1:35 PM
KliPeH, we have recently updated the toolbar displayed on the website, but its mobile version is still under development.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » How do I IP ban a user from the Control Panel?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: