• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » How to add my friends as administrators to edit website (Adding friends)
How to add my friends as administrators to edit website
moustafaeid02

Message # 1 | 2:41 AM
so me and 2 friends decided to create a website so I made it but I want to invite them on the website to edit with me

how can I do this?

thanks for the help
Cyberdasm

Message # 2 | 3:08 AM
moustafaeid02, just give them the url and the password of your website since as an admin privilege only for post moderation. If you mean that you wanted them to help you design your website then you must give to them the cPanel password. I hope it helps this answer to you.
1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 3 | 4:19 PM
moustafaeid02, do not give anyone the password of your Control Panel as they can do anything they want with your website. Only give the password to the people you fully trust on your own risk.

If you want people to help you with the content on your website, just invite them to create an account on your website and move them to the Administrators group in Control Panel » Users. You can also give them permission to edit the code, but always create backups first. To grant them code access, go to the Control Panel » Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups » Others » Edit site design.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 11:56 PM
bigblog, thank you for the -3 reproves.
Quote bigblog ()
If you want people to help you with the content on your website, just invite them to create an account on your website and move them to the Administrators group in Control Panel » Users. You can also give them permission to edit the code, but always create backups first. To grant them code access, go to the Control Panel » Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups » Others » Edit site design.

So far I know it is for only editing the content which isn't yours. I fear that the design and coding of the whole website is only available to the sole owner of it. Since then I never heard that the administrator can change the design itself and he/she can only use the wysiwyg form of builder to edit the blocks of the website. Maybe this is my first time to hear that an administrator can change almost anything in the website then it's okay to reproof me but if not then it is in vain.

Quote moustafaeid02 ()
so me and 2 friends decided to create a website so I made it but I want to invite them on the website to edit with me

how can I do this?

thanks for the help

The user was asking for help in his design not in his content.

Bigblog, Since it is his own friends then that is not uCoz liabilities. Even in my case I have many administrator even your account was an administrator of my main website. And I am aware that an administrator privilege cannot change the source code of the website.

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Monday, 2017-03-20, 0:12 AM
Good

Message # 5 | 12:15 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
So far I know it is for only editing the content which isn't yours. I fear that the design and coding of the whole website is only available to the sole owner of it. Since then I never heard that the administrator can change the design itself and he/she can only use the wysiwyg form of builder to edit the blocks of the website. Maybe this is my first time to hear that an administrator can change almost anything in the website then it's okay to reproof me but if not then it is in vain.

Hi Cyberdasm,

It is possible after granting permission for a specific group of user to edit design as bigblog advice above. Then go to this address.

http://yourwebsiteaddress.com/tmpls
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 12:54 PM
Good, thank you for that link. I appreciate it.
1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 7 | 3:23 PM
Cyberdasm, on the other hand - I didn't give you a reproof. I just lowered your reputation. Suggesting something that can put the websites of our users in danger is something we can't accept here.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 8 | 10:32 AM
bigblog, well it's okay sir bigblog no need to worry it all about. I already move on for that.. smile cheers I will be careful next time around.
1F4BF3B
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 2:32 PM
moustafaeid02, I'm closing this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries and I can reopen the thread as necessary. Probably better just to create a new thread. )

'Closed

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » How to add my friends as administrators to edit website (Adding friends)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: