uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Confirmation Emails (Email Notification Services)
Confirmation Emails
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 121 | 4:07 AM
Hope, this can be done through the user opening their profile and selecting the supplied link.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Hope

Message # 122 | 4:20 AM
what i mean is the users do not know they need to confirm the email address, that leads to a problem that they do not receive email notification of private message.

how can I resend the confirmation link to the users via email to inform them to confirm the email address?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 123 | 4:46 AM
Hope, you cannot do that yourself. THe best I can suggest is to mmove all users with unconfirmed email to a seperate group and use the mass PM feature to notify them all.

Hope this helps, happy

Hope

Message # 124 | 5:01 AM
The problems is that they do not receive email notifications of PM message, even I send them PM message to remind them to confirm the email address, they won't know.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 125 | 5:50 AM
Hope, then I am not sure what to do. You cannot confirm it manually nor can you resend the link as far as I am aware. You may be able to send messages to each users email seperately but that could take forever.

Good luck, wink

Natashko

Message # 126 | 9:14 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
In case users didn't confirm the email address, how to resend the confirmation link again to remind them to confirm?

I agree with Paradox. You can not re-send confirmation link, because you are not the one to send it in the first place. All you can do is to send e-mail messages to such users and remind them to confirm their e-mail in such a way.
Hope

Message # 127 | 9:36 AM
I don't understand why the administrator is not the one who has the right to resend the confirmation link, just a button!

sending email to the users is really a stupid action. Anyway, the system doesn't consider this small things.
eDaniel

Message # 128 | 2:31 PM
Hi guys,

Why isn't possible to edit the confirmation mail? I need to make a simple clarification in the subject - something like (MYSITE.WHATEVER.COM) Original confirmation text ...
I'm asking this because sometimes it is really hard to distinguish the spam/junk email from the real confirmation message, especially when you have tons of such mails.
If this isn't achievable either, are you considering this as a future implementation? Judging by the amount of similar questions, it would be useful addition to your system.

Thanks,
Daniel

preludebg.com / bulgarian honda prelude fanclub
Natashko

Message # 129 | 2:36 PM
eDaniel,
Quote (eDaniel)
Why isn't possible to edit the confirmation mail?

Unfortunately, it is not. It is the same for all system users. This is just the way it is in the system by default. I do not think it is going to be changed in the nearest future.
eDaniel

Message # 130 | 11:41 AM
Ok, thanks.
preludebg.com / bulgarian honda prelude fanclub
SariyerOyun

Message # 131 | 11:37 AM
Friends, my site, members are requested when you register your e-mail activation. I do not want the activation of members have registered an e-mail, direct recording matter. How can this be ?
Natashko

Message # 132 | 12:05 PM
SariyerOyun,
Quote (SariyerOyun)
Friends, my site, members are requested when you register your e-mail activation. I do not want the activation of members have registered an e-mail, direct recording matter. How can this be ?

I am not sure I understand your question. If users login to your website with their uNet account, they don't need to confirm anything. If they have never been registered with uCoz before, they need to create their uNet account first. It is not possible to create an account without confirming e-mail.
bodbreed

Message # 133 | 2:10 PM
Hi, I was wondering if you had a custom domain & not a ucoz subdomain does yahoo still block emails? Also if you uncheck "forbid activity until email is confirmed" wouldn't that increase spam posts. Reason I say that is because sometimes I get bot users but I stop them from spamming by requiring them to confirm their email address, which they can't.
Sunny

Message # 134 | 2:48 PM
Quote (XO-Ferg)
if you had a custom domain & not a ucoz subdomain does yahoo still block emails?

I'm not sure, it needs to be tested. Do you have problems with yahoo on your website?

Quote (XO-Ferg)
Also if you uncheck "forbid activity until email is confirmed" wouldn't that increase spam posts.

Again, you'll need to test it yourself, but I think that rather yes than no.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bodbreed

Message # 135 | 2:58 PM
Quote (Sunny)
I'm not sure, it needs to be tested. Do you have problems with yahoo on your website?

Ok, I just tested it and the e-mails came through. But oddly the "Thank You For Registering" appeared in my inbox &b the verification code went to the spam folder. Not a big deal.

Quote (Sunny)
Again, you'll need to test it yourself, but I think that rather yes than no.

Ok, if I recieve any spam posts/comments I'll post in this thread.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Confirmation Emails (Email Notification Services)
Search: