• Page 1 of 9
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
Private messages
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:51 PM
Features and differences from PHP forums:

1. Total of 200 PMs are kept. All received PMs are saved, you can’t change it, you can only delete them.

2. If you don’t delete PMs manually and their number reaches 200, the oldest PMs will be automatically deleted if you receive a new one.

3. Administrators can’t read other users’ PMs. And this feature won’t be added in future (privacy of correspondence).

4. Smileys in PMs can be enabled in Module settings and confirmed in User Groups settings. In User Groups settings you can also enable BB codes in PMs.

5. Message length is limited to 1000 characters.

Code
<?IF($IS_NEW_PM$)?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">[img]http://YOUR_SITE_URL/prt.gif[/img]</a>($UNREAD_PM$)<?ELSE?><a href="javascript://" id="upml" onclick="window.open('$PM_URL$','pmw','scrollbars=1,top=0,left=0,resizable=1,width=680,height=350');  return false;">Private messages</a> <?ENDIF?>

This code will help you to get a blinking or any other button when you receive a new PM, a number of unread messages in brackets and a link to a pop-up window when you click on it or on the image.

How can I see the private messages of users? I am the website owner and want to see the PM's of users.
You can't. Private messages are PRIVATE.

How to send a PM automatically, i.e. as soon as a user has registered he receives a private message automatically from the administration?
By standard means it is not possible. The system will send an email to the user's email address.

I have added the $UNREAD_PM$ code. But the number of unread messages is always displayed as zero and new messages are not colored red.
The system reacts to a new PM within 10 minutes, you just need to wait.

How can I delete a PM which was accidentally sent to a wrong user, I don’t want him to read it?
You can’t.

I can’t find the option "Notify by e-mail about new private messages". Where is it?
It is on the profile page.

Some users of my website have a sound "private message" playing each time they enter the site, though they don’t have new PMs. Why is it so?
Restore default forum templates or resave them.

PM is not working on my website – when I click on it an empty window opens.
Restore the default PM template.

I have already read the last PM but there is still an alert.
Delete cookies.

Is it possible to delete all users’ PMs?
No, you can delete only YOUR PMs.

Is it possible to let a user use PMs only after he has 50 posts in forum?
You can disable PM for the "Users" group and enable auto-transfer to the "Checked" group after a user has posted 50 messaged in forum and has confirmed his/her e-mail

What are the IDs or classes of the fields "Subject" and "Message text"?
#pmSubject and #message

Can the forum administrator send PMs to all users? If yes then how?
By means of the mass PM dispatch.

Is it possible to do the following:
1. Only the administrator can send PMs.
2. Users can only read PMs and send PMs to the administrator only.

No. Those who are not allowed to send PMs can’t read then as well.

How can I translate the text on the PM page into another language?
Partially by means of the Substitution of default phrases, partially by means of scripts.

Is it possible to block PMs from unwanted users?
You can block messages from groups only (the option "Accept private messages from the following groups only" in the profile)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
silver1596

Message # 2 | 7:43 PM
happy hello is it possebli too make a private message box when you are logged in or something??
if its posseble plz help my^^ thxs happy
and aramos thxs for your help without you i did'nt got it wink

www.combatarms-hq.ucoz.org
Armaros

Message # 3 | 8:29 PM
silver1596, there is already PM box. Or you meant something else? Please explain.
silver1596

Message # 4 | 9:01 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2nc1mwi.gif

srry can't do anything good todday

www.combatarms-hq.ucoz.org
Armaros

Message # 5 | 5:16 PM
Yes, but unfortunately there aren't codes for 'total inbox', 'total outbox' & 'unreaded outbox'. All PM page is under $BODY$ which means, isn't possible to modify or view the code of it. Only 'inbox unreaded' is possible to set by using $UNREAD_PM$.
timsoniclee

Message # 6 | 5:34 AM
I found where the wav existed, but I didn't know where it is now!
There is a place to find the link http://*/.../*.wav
But I can't remember where I found this. My site is in Chinese, maybe some of my users can't understand this voice, I decide to simulate one in Chinese with VOVALOID software,
the problem is where to find the original one.

This is my site! Yeah, I need to work on it.
Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:47 AM
http://src.ucoz.net/img/fr/pm.wav is in Customize Design -> Forum -> Common view of forum pages
efficacitas

Message # 8 | 5:27 PM
none of my e-mail are functioning, I can't send an over mail, no can I send the private message. I have the Peer-Group on-line, we need this function very much. Please Help me!

Thanks in Advance!

Brazen

Message # 9 | 9:26 PM
My guess would be that you were messing with html in Customize design.

So I suggest to Restor Default Template of your Personal Messages (PM)

Restore the template and tell me if you can send PM

ocam

Message # 10 | 1:03 AM
Make Sure U Have Allowed To Post Email, Comments, And Private Messages!
And Follow The Image

Edit: Tick The Box If You Want To Allow Them (Users, And So On) The Option!

Post edited by ocam - Wednesday, 2009-01-28, 1:29 AM
crabdance

Message # 11 | 4:50 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with the forum message size of PMs. I try to send long (but not unreasonably long) messages and the message won't go through because it is bigger than the allowed length. This is REALLY a problem for me and I have had complaints from my users about this as well. I had one user try to send me a PM and had to break it up into 4 PMs just to get everything in the message. Can't the PM message length be tied to the forum message length?

I can't be the first person who has said something about this. Could you PLEASE do something about this. My users are really getting upset.

I thank you for your time.

Post edited by crabdance - Thursday, 2009-02-12, 5:00 PM
Sunny

Message # 12 | 9:55 AM
crabdance, we are not planning to do this. 1000 characters are enough for a PM, use another means to send very long texts.
carleman

Message # 13 | 4:09 PM
Hi!!

I'm wondering if someone could tell me how to customize the PM (Personal Message) page to Swedish.
Now it's on english and in the "Module design customization" for the PM page there's just a $Body$ so I can't change anything.

Thanks in advance.

If I helped you give me reputation.
Angel7

Message # 14 | 4:33 PM
You can customize it using Javascript.
uCoz rocks <3
Post edited by Angel7 - Saturday, 2009-03-21, 4:34 PM
itseeker

Message # 15 | 5:00 PM
hi all

Is there any option for AUTO PRIVATE MESSAGE for " INACTIVE MEMBERS " or " ZERO POST MEMBERS."

if yes then how can i set limit for it.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Private messages (questions about PMs)
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search: