uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Moderators and administrators
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:11 AM
Control Panel » Forum » Management of forums and sections

You can assign a site moderator or an administrator only via the Control Panel.

1. To assign a moderator to the forum log into Control Panel through http://site_address/admin .
2. After you have got to the CP main page go to the Forum section.
3. Click on "Management of forums and sections".
4. Choose the forum where you want to assign a moderator and click "Change" (wrench icon).
5. Find the line "Forum moderators:".
6. Click "+" near the window.
7. Enter the username of the moderator you want to assign and click "Search".
8. After the user have been found click on his/her nickname.
9. After you have clicked on the username the user will be added to the "list of moderators"
10. Save the settings and go to the forum pages to make sure that the moderator has been assigned.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
iLee

Message # 16 | 9:13 PM
Sorry but Armaros wouldn't this be possible via Technical Support? Just a possibilty.
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
Sunny

Message # 17 | 9:30 PM
I don't think Tech.Support will be able to help in this case. But of course katty can try, it won't do any bad.
SmartBoy786

Message # 18 | 5:51 AM
when from my admin cp i made the "KHAWAJA" the PG Moderator & when on website it says he's not moderat
ocam

Message # 19 | 5:53 AM
tell him to log out and log in
sameerpkk

Message # 20 | 12:20 PM
I deleted my administrator details . How can I edit my forum by admin. Please give me an idea to make a admin
Sunny

Message # 21 | 1:06 PM
Create a new administrator via Control Panel -> Users -> Add new user.
GameRebound

Message # 22 | 3:20 PM
Hello I was wondering, is it possible to make it possible for a user to manage a certain page (only a certain 1 or 2... and not all).
This is because I have a uCoz Game Website and I manage all pages except Recomended-Games Page, My friend is in charge of this because of more experiance.
But I would only like him to edit that 1 page. Is it possible? And if so, how?

If its not possible then I would like to make it a suggestion. smile Best Regards, GameRebound

itseeker

Message # 23 | 4:16 PM
I dont think that this is possible..

Use forums and change the rank of your friend to MODERATOR. It will give him the access or you can also make him a 2nd Administrator.

Now you can Set him MODERATOR to Gaming section.

I think this will solve your problem.. happy

Sunny

Message # 24 | 8:31 AM
GameRebound, it's not possible for a separate page. As a solution you could let him edit some module.
schmungo

Message # 25 | 6:39 PM
Hello,i am new here,i just set up a forum http://classic-horror.ucoz.com/ .But i know absolutely nothing about making a forum,design,display,everything.Is it possible to let somebody else i know do all the designing and setting up the forum etc,give them the power to go into control panel without having to give them all my log-in details etc,could they not be a joint admin? You know how you can let somebody remotely fix your pc.

Hope somebody can help

iLee

Message # 26 | 7:24 PM
They can access and change the Design through Administration Bar, but in order to add forum categories and stuff they need the password and login to the Control Panel
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
Clyde

Message # 27 | 10:49 PM
Even though I have set the Moderators permissions as I want them at the panel, they can only view board as regular users. Cannot move, merge etc. I have re-checked permissions and everything is set correctly.
Ucoz Website Since 2009
Pilot

Message # 28 | 11:02 PM
Silly question from me, but... have you added them as board moderators to the specific boards that you want to? ^^
Clyde

Message # 29 | 11:10 PM
No...silly of me...I did not !
but i think that was the problem - am entering them now.
Thanks for inquiring ...
shy

Ucoz Website Since 2009
Post edited by Clyde - Wednesday, 2009-08-19, 11:11 PM
alexeugeniu

Message # 30 | 2:40 PM
You can tell me if the moderators can move users from one group to another without entering the control panel and if I can steps forward .....say that all options are checked but not user in a group to another sends the control panel where we have password

Post edited by alexeugeniu - Sunday, 2009-10-11, 2:40 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Search: