uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Moderators and administrators
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:11 AM
Control Panel » Forum » Management of forums and sections

You can assign a site moderator or an administrator only via the Control Panel.

1. To assign a moderator to the forum log into Control Panel through http://site_address/admin .
2. After you have got to the CP main page go to the Forum section.
3. Click on "Management of forums and sections".
4. Choose the forum where you want to assign a moderator and click "Change" (wrench icon).
5. Find the line "Forum moderators:".
6. Click "+" near the window.
7. Enter the username of the moderator you want to assign and click "Search".
8. After the user have been found click on his/her nickname.
9. After you have clicked on the username the user will be added to the "list of moderators"
10. Save the settings and go to the forum pages to make sure that the moderator has been assigned.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dartz

Message # 46 | 9:01 PM
denybo, CP -> Users -> Type user's name in search -> Change group.
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Kyng

Message # 47 | 9:12 PM
I have a site where when my moderator adds an entry he can't use the visual editor such as the administrator can. On the other hand when I add an entry on a blog he has that possibility and user don't have it (again), I've been looking around in the permissions and i can't see it anywhere. It pretty much bugs me because the people who ad the entry don't specially understand HTLM language.

Thanks for the help

Kyng

Message # 48 | 2:27 PM
okey thx i found it, i was always looking in the blog group but had to see site news. thx for the help
sz4ever

Message # 49 | 2:23 PM
when i am doing this and i am writing the name of the user that i want to make moderator is says that this member doesnt have the permission
Sunny

Message # 50 | 3:09 PM
sz4ever, does this user belong to the group "Moderators"?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
HeinLay

Message # 51 | 3:22 PM
Quote (sz4ever)
when i am doing this and i am writing the name of the user that i want to make moderator is says that this member doesnt have the permission

Change user you want to make moderater to Moderators group.

uCoz forever user from
c_ady

Message # 52 | 2:54 PM
hi,
Can someone tell me how to set admin color in online user list, I don't understand what happened, but, till today, evrything was ok, admin color - red, moder color - blue but today, admin color has change from red, to blue. I didn't change anything..... thsi is how it looks in CSS:

/* User Group Marks */
a.groupModer:link,a.groupModer:visited,a.groupModer:hover {color:blue;}
a.groupAdmin:link,a.groupAdmin:visited,a.groupAdmin:hover {color:red;}
a.groupVerify:link,a.groupVerify:visited,a.groupVerify:hover {color:green;}
a.groupFriends:link,a.groupFriends:visited,a.groupFriends:hover {color:Chocolate;}
/* ---------------- */

If I change groudModer color, it's change automatically and groupAdmin collor...... what should I do?

Thanks!

Animorph

Message # 53 | 3:25 PM
c_ady, did you created a new group ? and made that a new admin group ?
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Natashko

Message # 54 | 1:55 PM
c_ady, I also suggest you to check everything, especially if you made any changes recently. See more about group colors here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-474-1#2345
land2009

Message # 55 | 7:53 PM
One of my moderators was suddenly blocked.

And in his profile to my surprise I read: Blocked forever.

The moderator cannot post anything. Wh did that happen? How can I improve the situation?

Animorph

Message # 56 | 8:01 PM
land2009, well some of the admins on your site blocked him with giving him a reproof , remove the reproof and he will be un-blocked
To busy building a passive income online ;)
TheAdmiN

Message # 57 | 10:20 PM
As owner of my website, is it possible to see my users' passwords somehow? It might come in handy sometime.

Thanks..

Natashko

Message # 58 | 11:59 AM
TheAdmiN, you are not able to see passwords of uNet users. If they are local user, whom you have registered at your website via CP->Main » Users » Add new user, you set a password for them. You know it, but users have a right to change it. So basically there is no way for you to find out users' passwords. This is their private data.
DEEPKG

Message # 59 | 6:21 PM
can we make seperate admin for forum that cannot mess site from inside
I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
VLADA

Message # 60 | 6:29 PM
Quote (DEEPKG)
can we make seperate admin for forum that cannot mess site from inside

There is a group called Moderators you can use that for your forum admins. Or you can create a new group and then assign permissions what they can and can't do.

http://banovci.ucoz.net
http://guardsofaden.ucoz.ru
http://jeftinodosajta.com
-------------------------------

With uCoz since 2007.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Search: