uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Moderators and administrators
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:11 AM
Control Panel » Forum » Management of forums and sections

You can assign a site moderator or an administrator only via the Control Panel.

1. To assign a moderator to the forum log into Control Panel through http://site_address/admin .
2. After you have got to the CP main page go to the Forum section.
3. Click on "Management of forums and sections".
4. Choose the forum where you want to assign a moderator and click "Change" (wrench icon).
5. Find the line "Forum moderators:".
6. Click "+" near the window.
7. Enter the username of the moderator you want to assign and click "Search".
8. After the user have been found click on his/her nickname.
9. After you have clicked on the username the user will be added to the "list of moderators"
10. Save the settings and go to the forum pages to make sure that the moderator has been assigned.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Natashko

Message # 61 | 10:48 AM
DEEPKG,
Quote (DEEPKG)
can we make seperate admin for forum that cannot mess site from inside

if you appoint someone as admin or moderator, but do not provide them with CP password, there is no way they can get in and mess the website from inside.
Makerimages

Message # 62 | 1:00 PM
HI, im a admin ona s site, strangely i cant do anything as an admin, the owner of the site can move from his group to the admin group via the admin bar, and he can do everything when he has done this and I cant as an admin do anything a admin can do, any help?
LielaisLempis

Message # 63 | 6:43 PM
hello... smile

why i can't set more than 4 moderators for forum thread? i would like to allow all from one group, what are not moderators, but it does not show more than 4 of them although i have put all 15 biggrin something wrong?

thanks a lot biggrin
Animorph

Message # 64 | 7:27 PM
LielaisLempis, I think that displaying 4 of them is the limit but i'm not sure , i never seen a forum in uCoz with more then 2-3 mods in 1 board
To busy building a passive income online ;)
lilu

Message # 65 | 3:19 PM
LielaisLempis,
Animorph is right, 4 moderators for the forum thread is the limit.
__RED__

Message # 66 | 9:10 AM
How come i cannot change my User ID Name? Im trying a million things... nothings working... Please help... I even made another user ID and i cant even log into the site with it now... its weird...
Natashko

Message # 67 | 9:25 AM
__RED__,
Quote (__RED__)
How come i cannot change my User ID Name? Im trying a million things... nothings working... Please help... I even made another user ID and i cant even log into the site with it now... its weird...

I am not sure I understand what you mean. If it is user's ID that you can see in the profile page in brackets
it is not possible to change it. It is given to user at his/her first login to the website.
If you meant smth else, please be more specific. A screenshot would be useful.
Attachments: 6577539.png (0.6 Kb)
__RED__

Message # 68 | 9:47 AM
ok forget that last post... i just made a new unet name... i have another problem, i made a test, im taking it to test it out... its stuck on transmitting data... i have very fast internet...
Natashko

Message # 69 | 9:54 AM
__RED__,
Quote (__RED__)
ok forget that last post... i just made a new unet name... i have another problem, i made a test, im taking it to test it out... its stuck on transmitting data... i have very fast internet...

It seems to me you talk in code. If you use out Test module and you have some problems with it, first of all try to find the answer here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/33 And if you can't, post your message in the proper thread. Make sure to provide a screenshot and specify your actions step by step for us to understand the problem.
Lemur

Message # 70 | 5:33 AM
On my site, I have several levels of access to my forums. Depending on the "rank" that I've set for them (not the normal ranks that come via how many posts) a user can access more forum sections.

The problem comes when I need more moderators.

As I understand it, I have to designate someone as a "moderator" for them to be able to moderate the forums. The problem is that I can't allow "lower level moderators" to access "higher level" content. Because our site deals with very personal, theraputic aspects of people's lives and their potential personal secrets, I don't want to have "lower level moderators" having access to that.

Does what I'm saying even make sense? Trying to put it in a way that's easy to follow and afraid I'm missing?

Is there a work-around?

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 71 | 8:21 AM
Lemur, how is this ranking system setup. Have you developed it using the uCoz user-groups feature or custom coded it in manually? If you are using the user groups feature you can set which groups can and can't access and moderate forums in the control panel. You will find more information on that here:

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Natashko

Message # 72 | 11:19 AM
Lemur, I suggest you do not switch a user from a lower group to a hight one. Leave him in the current group with low permissions, but assign him as a moderator of a certain forum board. It is explained in the first post of this very thread here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-3292-14953-16-1229595088 In this way your moderators will not have moderators right for the whole forum, but for a certain board only.
Lemur

Message # 73 | 5:56 PM
Thanks folks, but I'm more confused than ever.

Paradox, my ranking was done through the user groups feature. I think you meant to include a link but it didn't go through.

Natashko, I set the moderators as shown in the page you sent. The problem, as I understand it, is that the moderators have to be in the "moderators" group. Which means that ALL moderators have access to ANY forums that "moderators" are allowed to access, right?

So if I make someone a moderator, then they have access to forums they shouldn't have access to. Am I not understanding how this works?
Jan

Message # 74 | 9:09 PM
Lemur, it's easier to use password in forums that you dont want to have accsess on every user and moderator smile
Lemur

Message # 75 | 9:42 PM
Ouch that would be 90% of the forums on my site.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Moderators and administrators (how to assign, permissions)
Search: