uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Mass emailing (sending mass emails to users)
Mass emailing
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:21 PM
There is the possibility of mass emailing to users.

It can be done in Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch according to the following rules:

1. The max message length is 10,000 characters.
2. Emails can be sent not more often than once per 5 hours.
3. Users can subscribe to the mailing list when registering or editing their profiles.
4. You can create subject categories to which users can subscribe (e.g.: "Site News", "Computer News", "World News"). The max number of categories is 20.
5. Dispatch cannot be stopped so be attentive and don't click "Start dispatch" beforehand.
6. All emails are sent in the text format, therefore HTML tags won't work in the emails.

Mass emails are sent only to the users who have subscribed to them and who have confirmed their emails. Mass mail subscription is VOLUNTARY!

Note: The subscription option will appear in the registration form and on user profiles ONLY after you have created at least one mailing category!

How to send a mass email?

Go to: Control Panel > Users > Mass mail dispatch.

1. Make sure you have created at least one category. If no, click on New category.

2. Select a category. (Required)

a) To see who subscribed to the category click on Subscribers.
    b) To see previous sent mass emails click on Dispatch archive.

3. Fill out the form and click on Start dispatch.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Natashko

Message # 61 | 11:51 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
I have registered myself as users but I didn't receive the email notification of mass dispatch either. I didn't set any spam folder in my email account. If there is email notifications, I should have received it.

There is not such thing as the email notification of mass dispatch. You can or can't receive the messages themselves, but not the notifications about them. If you do not receive the messages, the first reason is that you are not on the subscribers list. Check it in CP->Users » Mass mail dispatch » Subscribers.
The second reason is that the message could be regarded as spam, and as a result could get into Spam/Junk folder of the e-mail service you use or could be deleted. Please check the contents of the Spam folder, and if the message is not there contact the support service of your e-mail provider and find it out with them.
Hope

Message # 62 | 12:11 PM
Check it in CP->Users » Mass mail dispatch » Subscribers.

How to add subscribers? Can adminsitrator do the users to subscibers or do you mean the users have to subscribe manually? How can the users subscribe?

If the users have to add it manually and the administrator has no right to add them on the last, then what is mean by "mass mail dispatch" is no use at all.
Natashko

Message # 63 | 12:13 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)

How to add subscribers?

You can not. Only the user can select whether to subscribe for mass mail dispatch or not.
Quote (Hope)
Can adminsitrator do the users to subscibers or do you mean the users have to subscribe manually? How can the users subscribe?

Users do it at registration. It can be changed later in Profile settings.
Hope

Message # 64 | 12:20 PM
There is no such field for choose in the registration form: http://hopehk.ucoz.com/index/3

Also, I can not find anywhere to change it in Profile settings as well.

I just noticed that users can change their group in the Profile settings. How to disable or delete the "Group" being showed at user's profile?
Natashko

Message # 65 | 12:43 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
Also, I can not find anywhere to change it in Profile settings as well.

Go to your profile->click "Change' button in the shape of the pencil->Subscribe to mailing list->check the box->Save
Quote (Hope)
There is no such field for choose in the registration form

It can be applied for websites with Local users.
Quote (Hope)
I just noticed that users can change their group in the Profile settings. How to disable or delete the "Group" being showed at user's profile?

It depends on the group permissions that they have. Check CP->Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups->Move users to another groups. Only the users of the groups for whom this is allowed can change groups in the Profile settings.
Further unrelated to this thread questions will be ignored.
Hope

Message # 66 | 12:54 PM
Go to your profile->click "Change' button in the shape of the pencil->Subscribe to mailing list->check the box->Save

No such things in my profile. The "change" button is only for changing the password.
Natashko

Message # 67 | 12:57 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
No such things in my profile. The "change" button is only for changing the password.

Which password? You can notchange any passwords in your profile settings. You must be doing smth wrong. Provide screenshots of all your steps, so we will be able to say what you are doing wrong.
Hope

Message # 68 | 1:04 PM
Please see attached. No Subscribe to mailing list can be found.
Attachments: 5383479.jpg (77.6 Kb)
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 69 | 1:13 PM
Hope, have you created a minimum of 1 mailing list category? If not you will need to do so for this feature to work.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Hope

Message # 70 | 1:31 PM
Oh, I see. I have just created.

Can I set "subscribe to mailing list" to be default selected in the registration form?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 71 | 1:34 PM
Hope, I don't believe this is possible as each user should have the opportunity to select the box or not. A way around this might be to place a message at the top of the profile page encouraging users to subscribe to the mailing list if they haven't already. Only a suggestion.

Hope this helps, happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Hope

Message # 72 | 1:36 PM
Yes, they should have the opportunity to select. But users usually do not check it. Can I set it default checked but the users can uncheck it?
Natashko

Message # 73 | 1:39 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
Yes, they should have the opportunity to select.

This feature will appear if you check the box: Enable "Mailing list subscription" (Mass mail dispatch) feature: in CP->Users » Module settings.
Quote (Hope)
Can I set it default checked but the users can uncheck it?

Mass mail subscription is VOLUNTARY! Don't you read the first post of the thread before posting questions at all???
bodbreed

Message # 74 | 0:42 AM
Any plan on enabling html tags for this feature?
Sunny

Message # 75 | 9:38 AM
XO-Ferg, no, not in the near future.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Mass emailing (sending mass emails to users)
Search: