uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Limiting Access To Site Pages.
Limiting Access To Site Pages.
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:17 PM
Access limitation

You can easily limit access to some parts of your website within uCoz web-services. To do so go to the page you want to limit access to. Login to the website as administrator with your login and password. You will be able to see a set of buttons in the right lower corner:

Click the one that is indicate in the image. Editing page will open. Find option: Groups that have access to this page. Check the boxes of the groups you want to have access to the page.

Do not forget to click Save afterwards.

You have limited access to the page. Users from the groups that are prohibited to have access to the page will be automatically redirected to “Access denied” page. You may customize its appearance and change the text of the message in Design management (templates) option of the Control panel.

How to set a password for a certain page?

Edit the code of this page. Add:
Code
<script language="JavaScript">          
if (top.location.search=="") {          
pass = prompt('Enter password');          
if (pass=='1') // Your password          
{ alert('Password accepted') } else { alert('Password not accepted!'), top.location.href="errorpas.htm" }// URL of the page where user will be redirected in case of error
};          
</script>

How to prevent users from viewing a page?

You might use conditional operators. Edit the code of Site pages template. Find $CONTENT$ there and substitute it with:
Code
<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>$CONTENT$<?else?>Text for guests. It can and should be edited. They can not see page content. <?endif?>

See more about conditional operators here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1#36483

How to limit access to the page in accordance with users' age?

You need to add feature of converting date of birth into age between tags:
Code
<head></head>

You may call for this feature with the code:
Code
<script type="text/javascript">document.write(age('$USER_BIRTHDAY$'));</script>

Attachments: 4573660.png (2.0 Kb) · 9414958.png (6.5 Kb)
Geocu2009

Message # 31 | 3:21 PM
How i can hide a page from other groups?
Example: I want to create a staff page only for Staff Group.
Unique

Message # 32 | 3:21 PM
When you create/edit page look down ,you have list of users gropus and then you could mark group you want.
Screenshot:
Attachments: 2539521.jpg (234.3 Kb)

Dartz

Message # 33 | 3:22 PM
Unique, how many times I must tell you? You really want to end up blocked?
You link users instead of making another useless discussion thread. Is it hard?

Geocu2009, next time check pinned threads before creating a thread. Read:

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/8-2093-1

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Dawgg

Message # 34 | 3:22 PM
I'm sorry to bug you guys, i'm just wondering, how to I stop making my home page from being private? BEcause you can't see it unless you log in, and I jsut started this new website.
Sunny

Message # 35 | 3:22 PM
Dawgg, CP -> Users -> User groups -> Guests -> Edit -> Adjust permissions as you like.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dawgg

Message # 36 | 3:22 PM
I got another question, how come on one of my sites, it has the option for people to add entries to my home page even when they logged off but on my other site, it don't show that add entry option at the top right corner at all????
Igor-Sousa

Message # 37 | 3:22 PM
Sunny has already answered you.
Quote (Sunny)
CP -> Users -> User groups -> Guests -> Edit -> Adjust permissions as you like.

Simply edit the permissions of each group and allow the groups that you want for add entries, see pages and so on.

I've made grammar mistakes ?? Google's fault !!

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.

Dawgg

Message # 38 | 3:22 PM
No. I ment. Ok, look http://thedawgsite.ucoz.com/index/0-1. See how at the top right It has the option to edit page? I don't even want that thing showing.
Tommy

Message # 39 | 3:23 PM
Dawgg, If you don't want the "Add new entry" to appear for guests. Disable "Add new entries" for guests in CP -> Users -> User groups -> Guests ->Site News - Disable "Add new entries" .

Next time try to browse through control panel. If you want to discuss more about "Site News" go here. http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/14-969-1

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Post edited by Tommy - Friday, 2009-10-02, 12:50 PM
EZISTENZ

Message # 40 | 3:23 PM
I wanted to know as i am goingto use my site for sharing presentatiopns can i password protect the site when someone tries accessing to the site

Added (2010-06-19, 3:50 Am)
---------------------------------------------
cry

Added (2010-06-19, 3:50 Am)
---------------------------------------------
can anybody help fast please i want to secure my site

Unique

Message # 41 | 3:23 PM
EZISTENZ, I think it's impossible, maybe with custom coding...

or

Control Panel >> Settings >> Common Settings >> Site is temporary down.

Sunny

Message # 42 | 3:23 PM
EZISTENZ, you can have the same effect if you limit permissions for Users (CP -> Users -> User group) and move members you trust to Checked manually.
Vallina

Message # 43 | 3:23 PM
I've looked but I can't find it... is there a way to create certain messages that are only available to certain groups? Like if you are a guest, there will be a guest only message. I have several groups and if I put all the messages on the default access denied page, they get confused and it causes more problems.
Sunny

Message # 44 | 3:23 PM
Vallina, yes, it is possible by means of conditional operators: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-471-1 Please continue the discussion in the mentioned thread.
aareez

Message # 45 | 3:24 PM
i have added some software with download able links but i want to avoid guest to see those links how can i do this ???? but i want guest can see information about that software but on the place of download i want to write " please register to see links " sad

please help me and replay soon
thanks in advance

If you like me don't forgot to visit me ....

http://www.ethical.3dn.ru

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Limiting Access To Site Pages.
Search: