• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » I get alot of spam on forums
I get alot of spam on forums
irshad

Message # 1 | 3:38 AM
I did a search around the forums but couldnt find anything about this problem, if i have missed anything please let me know and i am sorry in advance.
So here is my problem, i get people creating an account and copy pasting the same thing over every forum about 5 to 10 times. it is kinda getting out of control i dont think they are bots. i know other forums if you post the same thing twice in a day or something you get stopped or banned. does ucoz have such a thing? if not what is the best way to stop it. before you say ban them, i have tried there are to many of them.
CoffeeCone

Message # 2 | 4:58 AM
Do you have the uNet login on your site? Or the personal paid login?
"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

irshad

Message # 3 | 5:04 AM
personal paid login? i dont know what that is.
i have the local users setting on if thats what you mean?
CoffeeCone

Message # 4 | 5:17 AM
Quote (irshad)
personal paid login? i dont know what that is.
i have the local users setting on if thats what you mean?

Yeah that's what it's called :P Are the new members simply random text?

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

irshad

Message # 5 | 5:58 AM
nope, they actually have real names and full information about them.
CoffeeCone

Message # 6 | 6:27 AM
Can you shw me the site in question? Because it may be an isolated issue with your case. As far as I know ,there hasn't been any reports of spamming on any uCoz site aside from yours.

khen

Message # 7 | 9:25 AM
irshad, it's better to move those spammers to Blocked group and minimize their user rights. You can easily delete all those spam entries at once by going to the Spammer's profile and click Removal of user entries button located below his username
Post edited by khen - Saturday, 2012-07-07, 11:04 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » I get alot of spam on forums
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: