• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Spammers and Nude Content Prevention?
Spammers and Nude Content Prevention?
Brooke

Message # 1 | 5:55 AM
Are there any ways you can prevent spam and nude content on a forum?

Users at a previous site I was a mod at: http://challengeforum.ucoz.com spammed the site with nude content and got it the 18+ block. With the new site: http://realitytvforum.ucoz.com I recreated it and am now the admin, I'm just worried that the same may happen to it.

Having plenty of mods working around the site checking posts is a good helping hand, but I know once nude content is posted on the message boards, ucoz is aware of it and will give a warning and a possible 18+ block.

So are there really any legitimate ways to completely avoid that? Thank you very much in advance for the responses.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 7:57 AM
Brooke, unfortunately not. uCoz provide the advisories and features to limit damage from spammers to forums and sites however still it is the responsibility of the owner, not the service, to moderate and manage their site.

The site you have mentioned was still under consideration by the abuse team as far as I am aware when the second was created. As to it happening again if content outside the limitations of the ToS is placed on the site and Abuse are made aware - it is possible for it to occur. My suggestion to prevent this would to have your own 18+ notification somewhere on your site that also discourages users from posting illicit content to it.

As I have said above not really. The service has provided the tools webmasters need to manage forums and apart from that - even on support sites like this one - there is little you can do without the necessity of human moderation and management.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Brooke

Message # 3 | 8:37 AM
Thanks for answering so quickly! Very understandable, but myself and the mods on my site will do anything to prevent it from happening biggrin
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:27 AM
Brooke, I don't think you will have any problems with the Abuse Team if the moderators delete any inappropriate content within 24 hours after its appearing smile
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
dense

Message # 5 | 7:00 AM
sir my site have the same issue please also resolve mine
http://algaedensing.ucoz.com
Sunny

Message # 6 | 8:04 AM
dense, what kind of issue? Spammers? The solution is to limit user group permissions and find moderators who would delete spam regularly (or do it yourself).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Expert1510

Message # 7 | 0:20 AM
Quote (Paradox)
The site you have mentioned was still under consideration by the abuse team as far as I am aware when the second was created. As to it happening again if content outside the limitations of the ToS is placed on the site and Abuse are made aware - it is possible for it to occur. My suggestion to prevent this would to have your own 18+ notification somewhere on your site that also discourages users from posting illicit content to it.

Which site were you referring to Paradox?

Reality TV Forum has yet to violate any rules.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 8 | 7:41 AM
Expert1510, the original. Yes, that is correct.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Expert1510

Message # 9 | 7:50 AM
Okay thanks. I got slightly confused.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Spammers and Nude Content Prevention?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: