• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Replacing "Icons set 2" icons (GIF vs PNG)
Replacing "Icons set 2" icons
eDaniel

Message # 1 | 5:27 PM
Hello,
I'd like to put my own custom set of icons. I already did that for "Icons set 1" by looking at the file names as suggested in the module settings. The only difference is the extension. It is PNG in my case and GIF in the example. But I read that "The allowable file formats are: gif, png." so I thought everything should be OK. And it is OK indeed, but only for "Icons set 1". The icons from the "Icons set 2" won't show if they are with PNG file extension. Why is that? Am I missing something?
Cheers,
Daniel

preludebg.com / bulgarian honda prelude fanclub
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 6:26 PM
eDaniel, Which module are you referring to here?
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
eDaniel

Message # 3 | 6:32 PM
Xayaan, I'm referring to the "Forum" module. TIA!
Post edited by eDaniel - Thursday, 2015-01-01, 7:01 PM
Xayaan

Message # 4 | 11:53 AM
eDaniel, Please make sure the link you have provided in the box "icons set 2" is correct and it leads to the folder which contains the icons set, In your case in "PNG" format. Also use correct names of the icon images. If it is correct, Please convert the PNG images into GIF format, You can use this website to convert them online and add transparency. and provide the file name of the folder which contains the GIF format.

Hope this helps. happy

Best regards.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Post edited by Xayaan - Saturday, 2015-01-03, 11:54 AM
eDaniel

Message # 5 | 8:01 PM
Thanks, Xayaan. I already have the images in GIF format. I mean that this is more of a workaround rather than a solution. I wonder whether this should be categorized as a "bug", or at least as a "discrepancy" because the text there suggests that I can choose between PNG and the outdated and limited GIF format. And it works... partially, for the first icon set.

Cheers,
Daniel

Post edited by eDaniel - Monday, 2015-01-05, 8:02 PM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 3:16 PM
eDaniel, I'll look into it and forward to the technical team, if necessary.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
eDaniel

Message # 7 | 10:03 PM
Thanks in advance!
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Replacing "Icons set 2" icons (GIF vs PNG)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: