• Page 2 of 2
  • «
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Rogue Adverts (Adverts on Free Websites claiming that the visitor's compute)
Rogue Adverts
chrisdvanne

Message # 16 | 12:46 PM
I experience the same things as LinearMan in several websites i have created. The ads comes from Russian sites (see screencap).

See it for yourself at: http://aprilfanblog.ucoz.com/

I also experience the intrusion of Russian radio described in this thread http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-21278-1 when clicking on a news, but not each time.

Is it a coincidence? I think not.
Attachments: 5802223.jpg (59.4 Kb)
Post edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 2017-11-25, 12:53 PM
Gromov

Message # 17 | 7:16 AM
chrisdvanne, it seems like the issue is slightly different) Nevertheless, I need you to provide me the next details:
- an exact link to the page on the screenshot;
- the same for the Russian radio news page.
Gromov

Message # 18 | 6:25 AM
chrisdvanne, It's better to add a screenshot with a visible URL or simply specify the page, it's easier this way)) As for the issues you've reported, I wasn't able to confirm them. Do you still experience the issue?
LinearMan

Message # 19 | 3:06 PM
Gromov,

The problem has occurred again for me on 3 occasions, once on a different computer. Each time it was my website 21stcenturystoa.ucoz.com, often on the "Pics for OAPs" page. Sometimes the intrusion is just a black square like the one in the screenshot I've attached. If I'm lucky it goes away after a minute or two. On other occasions it gives way to an advert that may or may not be genuine.

Sometimes the black window has appeared with lettering at the top that could well be Russian.

Actually, for several months an advert has appeared in that space with a timer indicating that it will disappear after a few seconds. I had assumed this was another advertising facility that ucoz allows on free websites. Perhaps it wasn't. If the only adverts that are supposed to appear are the ones in the banner, please let me know.

Please continue with your investigations.
Attachments: 7095854.gif (352.2 Kb)
Gromov

Message # 20 | 12:37 PM
LinearMan, The black screen is very similar to our ads, though it shouldn't be a simple black window, I'll forward this to the department in charge. Maybe there will be some other questions from their end as well.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Rogue Adverts (Adverts on Free Websites claiming that the visitor's compute)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: