• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Management of forums and sections (add section, add forum, private forum)
Management of forums and sections
nomissivraj

Message # 1 | 8:32 PM
Hiding sections from guests. Ok so i know you can make the Forum in your site blocked to guests or whatever, but i was wondering, Is there a way of hiding one section of the forum from guests for example...

I want them to see:
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
speak easy
new users
e.c.t.

HALO 2 & 3
montages
glitches
e.c.t.

But i dont want them to see:
GRAPHICS & TECHNICAL SUPPORT
forum issues, help!
e.c.t

Is it possible to choose just one section to block?

Armaros

Message # 2 | 9:04 PM
CP -> Forum -> Management of forums and sections -> Choose any forum
-> Edit it -> UnMark: Forum entries may be read by for guest group -> Save.
Kranki

Message # 3 | 0:08 AM
When my users try to view our forums they are asked for a password. I am not sure what this password is (I am the administrator of the website) and I would like to remove it or change it. Can anyone help me please.

Regards

Kranki

Armaros

Message # 4 | 1:00 AM
It wont ask you password unless you made it ask yourself. Go check:

Control Panel -> Forum -> Management of forums and sections ->
-> The 'Forum' a.k.a 'Board' -> Edit -> Password (private forum).

gld

Message # 5 | 11:14 AM
Would some1 like to tell me how to make and adjust a private forum please
Post edited by gld - Wednesday, 2009-08-05, 11:15 AM
Armaros

Message # 6 | 11:53 AM
When you make a board, at bottom, just before the confirmation button
is group option. Mark for those groups which you want to see the board.
shrikantkarvade

Message # 7 | 10:38 AM
Hey friends please help me i want to display a newly created section on the top of my forum how can i do this please tell me.

Thanks in Advance.Please help me. help

Armaros

Message # 8 | 11:05 AM
shrikantkarvade, when you create a section, there are numbers just above submit button.
One means it will be first section, two means it will be below and so on.
Remember

Message # 9 | 5:49 PM
How can i make that the guests to see just the main page of the forum,i mean just the sections,and dont be able to read the forum posts?
because in permisions of user groups at forum i can just make them to read or not the forum sad

Armaros

Message # 10 | 8:00 PM
You gave answer yourself.

Quote (Remember)
in permisions of user groups at forum i can just make them to read or not the forum
Remember

Message # 11 | 7:21 AM
yes,but if i do so,they can not enter the forum,and on the other side they can entery and view all the topics,i just want to make so that they can enter the first page of the forum!

pff:sorry for "this english"

Tommy

Message # 12 | 7:33 AM
Remember,

If am correct i think you want the guests to view only the forum topics not the entries right??

I think up to my knowledge it can't be done.

The only option is you can let them view the entries, not add entries. I'll ask Armaros. Wait for his reply. Don't do anything before his reply.

Armaros,

I dont want to suggest this without your knowledge, So am asking you. Can we use Password(private forum): feature in Ucoz for this.

If we use this it'll ask for the password. Guests can view the thread but they could not see the contents. But the drawback is we need to provide the password for users who logged in to the site individually or create a thread with the forum password separately and make that thread not accessible for guests. So that users who are members of the site can use that thread to view the forum password and enter the thread. Am asking is that possible??? Sorry if am wrong wink

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Post edited by Vinothdazzlin - Tuesday, 2009-08-25, 8:20 AM
Remember

Message # 13 | 8:44 AM
Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
If am correct i think you want the guests to view only the forum topics not the entries right??

yeah ,you are right,but if it is so complicated,forget it smile i dont want to bother you with my little problems :d it's not so important smile but i just asked,i wanted to know if i can
thanks guys smile you can close the topic

nenop

Message # 14 | 11:54 PM
Is here on ucoz forums available to create more than one group of thread.... (I can create only sticky thread...)...

Example(here have 3-4 group of thread, but this iz not ucoz site!!)

Attachments: 3477590.jpg (115.8 Kb)
Pilot

Message # 15 | 0:24 AM
Noup.
There are just the regular threads and the sticky threads.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Management of forums and sections (add section, add forum, private forum)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: