Forum moderator: Eriko  
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Help on Photo Albums (Questions and Answers about the Module)
Help on Photo Albums
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:33 PM
Press CTRL + F to find an answer to your question.

What is "Photo Albums" module and why do I need it ?
"Photo Albums" module allows creation of a full-featured photo gallery on your website, post photos and get them commented.

How do I enable Photo Albums ?
Go to the Control Panel -> "Inactive" tab. Find "Photo Albums" and click it, then click "Activate the module".

I have activated "Photo Albums" and now want to create several categories. How do I do this ?
Go to the Control Panel -> Photo Albums -> Categories management and click "New category".

How can I make a private album?
Go to the Control Panel -> Photo Albums -> Categories management. Find the necessary album and click the "edit" icon. Enter Password to log into the category and click "Save".

How can I delete an album?
Go to the Control Panel -> Photo Albums -> Categories management. Find the necessary album and click the "remove" icon (a red cross). Note, that all album photos will be removed as well.

How do I add a photo to an album?
Log in to your website as an administrator -> Photo Albums -> Add new photo. There a re two ways to add photos – simple addition and addition as a ZIP archive.

Simple addition

Select an album (category) for the photo, choose the necessary photo on your computer or provide the link on the Internet, fill in other fields and click "Save". The photo will be uploaded to the server and added to the album.

Addition as a ZIP archive

If you want to add several photos at a time it’s better to add them as a ZIP archive. Choose the necessary photos, archive them (without creating folders) and click the link "Adding as a ZIP archive" in the right-hand corner of the addition page, fill in all necessary fields and click "Add". The archive will be unpacked and the photos will be added to the necessary album.

What image formats are supported ?
.JPG, .GIF, .PNG

What is max allowed size of a photo ?
Max allowed size of a photo is 3000 Kb.

What is max allowed size of a ZIP archive with photos ?
Max allowed size of a ZIP archive with photos is 40 Mb.

I would like to work with photos as ordinary files: upload photos to albums via FTP.
That’s not possible. When a photo is uploaded two more photos are created, databases are updated etc. FTP client is unable to do this.

I can’t add pictures to the album. I get the message "Illegal file format or the file is corrupted".
Try to resave the photo, maybe it’s really corrupted. Maybe you are trying to upload an animated .gif which is not allowed.

I can’t add a photo. The system gives out "Illegal file format or the file is corrupted" but I am sure that the photo is not corrupted and the format is allowed. What’s the problem?
It may be because of the file name.

Where are photos and pictures saved? I can’t see them either in File Manager or FTP.
To the database. Users don’t have access to it.

I want to change "Name of photo" to some other text, how can I do this?
Control Panel -> Substitution of default phrases.

Can I store photos at my PC and the server will refer to them when necessary?
No.

Is it possible to use HTML tags in a photo description?
No.

Is it possible to create an album with categories, subcategories, groups and subgroups?
No, uCoz photo albums have a two-level structure.

Photos can be rated by guests and other users, but some of them can’t rate some photos or can’t rate any photos at all – they get the message that they have already rated photos. Why is it so ?
Perhaps some users have the same IP address.

Is it possible to add photos as a ZIP archive with the auto sorting by file name?
No.

A photo has been added to the wrong album, is it possible to move it to another album?
Yes, by means of editing the entry.

Is it possible to display names or short descriptions under the photos on the page with their list?
Control Panel >> Customize Design. Edit the corresponding template as you need and add the necessary elements.

When adding a photo and selecting a category some albums are not available for selection. Why is it so?
Check whether this user group is allowed to add photos to unavailable albums.

How can I display last photo from a photo album under each album?
Use informers.

Is it possible to change max length of the album name, more than 50 characters?
No, that’s not possible.

Where can I find the watermark option?
Control Panel » Common settings: Overlay uploaded images with a text (watermark).

I would like to create a page for wallpapers, but the problem is that photos and wallpapers are mixed together. I would like to make an "independent" album. How do I do this?
Add the link to "Wallpapers" in the site menu.

Other users can't see their posted photos, they only can see "Access denied" and later appears this: "Your user group is prohibited from doing this action. Address all your questions to site administrator". I checked user group permissions but everything was ok ...
Probably they checked "Entry is not available for viewing" when adding photos.

Can users create a section?
- No. Sections can be created only via Control Panel.

Can I upload many photos at one time?
- Yes, upload photos as a zip archive or via ftp client.

Photo album video quide

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 46 | 6:48 PM
I put a restriction to 150 kb in maximum photo size ... but users can upload over 150 how is possible ? sad
This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Sunny

Message # 47 | 9:33 AM
adytzu1_vl01, users or admins? Because the limitation does not work for admins. If users - provide the website URL and a link to such uploaded photo.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 48 | 7:54 PM
i mean members, moderators and all of my grops... can upload more than the maximum size
http://styiks.ucoz.net
photo: http://styiks.ucoz.net/photo/4-0-201

This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Post edited by adytzu1_vl01 - Tuesday, 2011-12-13, 7:57 PM
DPrettyNails

Message # 49 | 0:43 AM
hi everyone! I need some help on my page, because i can't change the name, it always appears "my site" and i want to change it. where i go?

please, i really like your help. sad

sorry for my bad english. wacko

Daniela
Animorph

Message # 50 | 12:06 PM
DPrettyNails, this will help you:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-5862-1
http://video.ucoz.com/load....-1-0-32

To busy building a passive income online ;)
dan27

Message # 51 | 8:22 AM
hello. se can do something to increase the size of the function "lightbox" Thanks in advance. sorry for my English
Attachments: 8506767.jpg (93.7 Kb)
Post edited by dan27 - Thursday, 2012-05-03, 9:32 AM
Sunny

Message # 52 | 11:29 AM
dan27, the size of the window depends on the size of a photo.
Balrog

Message # 53 | 12:00 PM
Is there a quick way to move a bunch of pictures from one photo album category to another category rather than edit each image at a time? ... Thanks, Walts
Post edited by Balrog - Wednesday, 2012-10-17, 12:00 PM
Sunny

Message # 54 | 1:53 PM
Balrog, unfortunately it is not possible.
Balrog

Message # 55 | 3:59 PM
Quote (Sunny)
Balrog, unfortunately it is not possible.

I thought so cry ... only 473 pictures left to move! ... Walts
-=LPH=-

Message # 56 | 1:50 PM
How can i show custom fields on full sized photo entry pages?
Post edited by -=LPH=- - Tuesday, 2013-01-22, 1:51 PM
bodbreed

Message # 57 | 5:47 PM
I'm a little confused, when I add new photos they all go to the same album, I'm not sure how to create albums, are categories considered albums?
Donught

Message # 58 | 6:05 PM
There are sections and categories. Think of it this way. Section is like a type of music, and category is an album. When uploading/adding new photo, you can select which category you want to be uploaded to. Too add or change categories and sections of the photo module, you go to your Control Panel and go to the categories management. There you can add, delete and edit the sections and categories.

Hope I helped, Kind Regards, Mac.
bodbreed

Message # 59 | 6:40 PM
Oh ok, it just will get messy if i decide to upload game screenshots to 1 category or creating multiple categories for different games.
carloscompu

Message # 60 | 4:21 PM
I'm having a problem.

1.How many catagory can I add to the foto module?
2.How can I make the slide show to only show my own entries and not everybodies fotos,same prob with $OTHER_PHOTOS$?

The main prob is that I want the users to see the pictures from a particular user without the pictures being mixed with other users entries.
Its like creating an album per user.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Photo Albums » Help on Photo Albums (Questions and Answers about the Module)
Search: