uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » [ Add news entry ] link (how to delete, add)
[ Add news entry ] link
Sunny

Message # 16 | 8:24 AM
Quote (Sunny)
have you deleted $LAST_NEWS$ from the main page and have you added this code to the new page?

My question contains the answer. Go to CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> "Edit information" for Main -> Delete $LAST_NEWS$
Then go to CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> "Edit information" for this new page -> Paste $LAST_NEWS$ under ADD NEW ENTRY

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Bozkurt

Message # 17 | 4:40 AM
My url is www.kavkazturks.ucoz.com

Added (2009-06-26, 10:40 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Haunter I did what you said I went CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> "Edit information" for Main -> Delete $LAST_NEWS$
Then CP -> Page Editor -> Pages management -> "Edit information" for the new page -> Paste $LAST_NEWS$ under ADD NEW ENTRY
What happened is now all the news from main page went to the new page! and when i click on the ADD NEWS link on the new page it automatically switches to the main page. Please man help me out or im gonna go crazy!

Sunny

Message # 18 | 10:30 AM
Bozkurt, Site News module is a part of main page therefore you can't move it completely - you can't move "add new entry" form. Why don't you use another module for your purposes, e.g. Blog or one of Catalogs? It will work as you need.
Bozkurt

Message # 19 | 1:10 AM
Haunter oo i see man. ok where i can find the Form for adding new entries?? if it is code where is it?? or if you can send me please post it here and if you can please tell me where to place that text?? Thanks!!
Sunny

Message # 20 | 9:05 AM
Bozkurt, you can find "Form for adding new entries" template in Customize Design section.
Flappa

Message # 21 | 4:44 PM
Hi guys, i was just going through my site, as a guest and noticed on the main page it still shows the Add new entry i thought only admins could see that? is there anyway of making it so only the admin group can see that text ? look here for what i mean http://sonsie.info/

I know they only admins can actualy use, but its look rather stupid for guests to be able to see it lol

Post edited by Flappa - Thursday, 2009-07-09, 4:45 PM
Angel7

Message # 22 | 5:02 PM
replace it with
Code
<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><div style="text-align:right;padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add News</a> ]</div>
<br><?endif?>

uCoz rocks <3
Post edited by Angel7 - Thursday, 2009-07-09, 5:02 PM
mmc

Message # 23 | 4:00 AM
I can't find Add New entry for Site News page yet. I tried it for many times . Still not fine.
if anyone can help me, pls check my site http://mma.ucoz.com or http://myanmarmedical.com.
but administrators can add New entry for Site news in Control panel - main - site news - entry management - add new entry .
I want my site users to add Site News . There is no link for add new entry for site news page.

help me pls!
thanks!

Post edited by mmc - Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 4:03 AM
Tommy

Message # 24 | 7:04 AM
mmc, That's because you deleted the "Add news entry" code on your main page. I linked you to this thread to read the posts. If you read the posts you could have found the mistake by now. You need to add this code on main page.
<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><div align="$right" style="padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add new entry</a> ]</div><?endif?>$LAST_NEWS$

Next time be attentive and read the posts if someone linked you to a thread.

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
mmc

Message # 25 | 12:02 PM
Tommy, i read the post you linked and tried it to fix. But the problem is i don't know surely that how to add & where i need to add that link.
Thanks!
Tommy

Message # 26 | 12:13 PM
mmc, You need to add the above code on your Main page. Copy and paste the code.
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
mmc

Message # 27 | 1:20 PM
Control panel - Main page - customize design ?
then where to ..
Tommy

Message # 28 | 1:26 PM
mmc, Main page in the sense I meant the Home page of your website.
In "Home page" you will see this type of icon to edit the page.
Click on the Edit icon to edit the page and paste the code.
Attachments: 4691206.png (0.8 Kb)

mmc

Message # 29 | 3:00 AM
Thank you very much Tommy
I'm Ok right now!
Hobo

Message # 30 | 4:31 AM
I've tried as this page suggested, with the adding news entry link, and it has worked.

However, I'm still having some trouble with the $LAST_NEWS$ code. I understand that it is to post the latest entry that people right. What I want though, is certain entries being seen in only certain pages. If I delete the $LAST_NEWS$ code off the homepage and paste it into my created page, the entries do go there. But I would like, for example, that if I posted an entry on a created page, it will show up there and the main page. If I go to another created page and similarly post another entry, I would want for it to show up on that page only and the homepage. In my experimenting with this, it seems that any page with $LAST_NEWS$ code will receive any newly posted entries.

To put it simply, the way I would like it to work is: A post on any page will remain on that page ONLY and the homepage.

Is there any way to work around this and get it to show the way that I would prefer it to be? If I've missed a thread with how to do this, I apologize, but I did try looking. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » [ Add news entry ] link (how to delete, add)
Search: